PDA

View Full Version : I need to apologize....

gearguywb
12-30-2011, 06:46 AM
I humbly sit before you typing this on my laptop. I owe the entire nation a huge apology. I have come to the realization that the economic downturn is in fact, my fault. I have went for an extended period of time without purchasing a "new" bike. I am not even on a waiting list anywhere.

I, once again, apologize for letting this happen and will do my best in the coming weeks to make sure that 2012 is a banner year for the economy.

Now back to your regular programming :)

Pete Serotta
12-30-2011, 06:51 AM
yep will give you a nice bottle of RED and a jersey if you get one from CYCLESPORT (MIKE) or SIGNATURE cycle (PAUL)

PETE :bike: :beer:

harlond
12-30-2011, 08:17 AM
About time. I see the market is up since you posted.

Pete Serotta
12-30-2011, 08:45 AM
About time. I see the market is up since you posted.

:crap: :crap:

gearguywb
12-30-2011, 08:57 AM
yep will give you a nice bottle of RED and a jersey if you get one from CYCLESPORT (MIKE) or SIGNATURE cycle (PAUL)

PETE :bike: :beer:

Now there is an incentive!

jmeloy
12-30-2011, 09:59 AM
I am guilty as well. Time to tell me better half we need to stimulate the growth of small business! Hell I haven't even bought any parts from Merle in over 10 months!

harlond
12-30-2011, 10:57 AM
:crap: :crap:He should have said he would buy two!

Ti Designs
12-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Me too. I just hang out in my cave, high above whoville, once a year I go into town and steal all of their bikes. Unlike that fiction my Dr Suess (who isn't really a doctor - I checked), I don't give them back.

jr59
12-30-2011, 12:42 PM
I just bet Ti wears a bright lime green suit doing just that! :p

drewski
12-30-2011, 12:49 PM
I humbly sit before you typing this on my laptop. I owe the entire nation a huge apology. I have come to the realization that the economic downturn is in fact, my fault. I have went for an extended period of time without purchasing a "new" bike. I am not even on a waiting list anywhere.

I, once again, apologize for letting this happen and will do my best in the coming weeks to make sure that 2012 is a banner year for the economy.

Now back to your regular programming :)

In my best Jerry Stiller like voice:
"We now begin with the airing of the grievances."

I guess being Billy Beane like in the area of bicycle consumerism
is bad for small business. I have champagne taste with a muscatel
budget so I unintentionally end up buying stuff from guys who look to supplement their already inflated salaries (aka bike shop employees -nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

mosca
12-30-2011, 07:26 PM
"Ask not what your country can do for you..."

Uncle Jam's Army
12-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Merle, your purchases and sales in the primary and secondary market have appreciably moved the needle in interstate commerce in more ways than you can imagine. I only hope, for our GDP's sake, that you continue your ways in 2012.

Trirunt
12-30-2011, 07:46 PM
I'll join you in your effort to save the US economy!
I'll use any reason I can for a new bike. This one is even altruistic!

fogrider
12-30-2011, 08:00 PM
I'll join you in your effort to save the US economy!
I'll use any reason I can for a new bike. This one is even altruistic!
North American Handmade Bicycle Show
http://2012.handmadebicycleshow.com/

gearguywb
12-31-2011, 05:37 AM
Robert, thank you for the kind words!

fogrider, I know...but that's where the problem started. I went last year (2nd one I have been able to attend) and bought nothing more than a T-shirt and beer opener from Don Walker. Sad.

thinpin
12-31-2011, 06:36 AM
The behaviour that led to the apology would be considered un-australian here. Do you guys have a similar sentiment?