PDA

View Full Version : OT/ a message from Learningtoride (Nicki)

pedlpwrd
12-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Just wanted to drop a line with a message. I had the joy of actually speaking to Nicki today! She is as wonderful as we all think! She is still in a very serious place mentally I fear, this Holiday is not celebratory for her. She is still very gaurded by her family etc. on her online time and phone usage. Apparently, these avenues give her access to some of the pain she's in. She asked that if I were to be online here on the forum that I pass on that she wishes all of us a very great Holiday and that all of our well wishes and good thoughts bring her a positive thought in her days. Her exact words were "please let the people on the forum know they MATTER and that I matter to them means so much and I thank them all for their care." She wishes us all a good Holiday ride and says she will visit the forum as she is allowed time. I enjoyed just getting to listen and even got a couple of laughs out of her. She's got a great laugh! I'm hoping that our conversation will lead to more of them. Anyway, I wanted to leave the message on her behalf and tell all of you who, along with myself, felt an endearment to this really great lady. She's still among us and that in itself, I feel, is a triumph to this great community. Happy Holidays Serotta family. Should I get to speak with her again I will gladly give an update. Oh... and just for the record, William and Binxnyrwarrsoul, she loves the SRV too! Lol. :D

William
12-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Wishing Nicki a wonderful Holiday and all the best for the New Year!

I love Stevie Ray. Not only for his music but also that he was able to make it out of the dark side and find new life before he was lost in a helicopter crash. Having had my own bottoming out at an earlier point in my life, Tightrope always hit the right place for me.

"....Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin
Through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
We've all had our problems that's the way life is
My heart goes out to others who are there to make amends

We've been walkin' the tightrope tryin' to make it right
Walkin' the tightrope every day and every night
Walkin' the tightrope bring it all around
Walkin' the tightrope from the lost to found

Walkin' the tightrope stretched around the world
Walkin' the tightrope save the boys and girls
Walkin' the tightrope let's make it right
Walkin' the tightrope do it do it tonight
Walkin' the tightrope"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNuXO60G33w

It may sound corny, but I find that there is truth in the old saying that it's "always darkest before the light".

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! :cool:

William

yummygooey
12-25-2011, 12:26 AM
:beer:

old_fat_and_slow
12-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the update. Good to hear she's still fighting.

Hoping for the best for her and a much brighter future.