PDA

View Full Version : Need Chorus 10 speed rd parts

sjbraun
12-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Noticed my wife's chain kept falling off her lower derailleur pulley. Happened again on today's ride. One of the riders is a former mechanic who quickly noticed that the inner plate of the rd cage had been installed backwards. Hasn't been a problem until the pulley teeth wore to the point that they wouldn't keep the chain place. I was able to install the inner plate correctly, but it needs to be replaced. I think it's a medium cage dérailleur, (7.5cm from the center of the upper pulley to the lower.) Are dérailleur cages readily available or 10 speed Chorus parts? Can my LBS order them or will I need to do some Internet sleuthing to find what I need?

Thanks

thwart
12-24-2011, 12:44 PM
I've got a relatively beat-up 10 spd med-cage Veloce RD I steal parts from... you're welcome to the inner cage for the price of shipping alone. Functionally a 10, cosmetically a 7.

PM me if that works for you.

ridemoreoften
12-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I can remove and ship if you are interested.....

oldpotatoe
12-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Noticed my wife's chain kept falling off her lower derailleur pulley. Happened again on today's ride. One of the riders is a former mechanic who quickly noticed that the inner plate of the rd cage had been installed backwards. Hasn't been a problem until the pulley teeth wore to the point that they wouldn't keep the chain place. I was able to install the inner plate correctly, but it needs to be replaced. I think it's a medium cage dérailleur, (7.5cm from the center of the upper pulley to the lower.) Are dérailleur cages readily available or 10 speed Chorus parts? Can my LBS order them or will I need to do some Internet sleuthing to find what I need?

Thanks
Those were only available as a unit, inner cage and outer cage, bolts, pulleys, the whole sheebang and were expensive. I strip old rear ders and may have a cage, I'll check. PLUS last year for that RD was 2008, if it's the one I'm thinking it is.

oldpotatoe
12-27-2011, 10:43 AM

Thanks

Checked and have short and shimano...sorry

Toasted RD, old RD....all are pretty interchangeable.

sjbraun
12-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks everyone. Looking at the cage, it is scarred, but still works. A new derailleur pulley is keeping the chin well centered, so I think the misses is good to go.

Steve