PDA

View Full Version : FS: New Lake MXZ302 Winter Boots - SOLD

mo3039
12-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Digging stuff out after moving and realized these still need a new home!

Size 43. Brand new, tags on, in the box Lake Winter cycling shoes. Highly rated and very WARM. I got the wrong size and couldn't return. I did get them in my size and they are superb.

$210 shipped to the lower 48, if you don't need the box it'll be $205 priority mail. Happy to ship elsewhere for additional postage.

Lake shoes don't have a US distributor at the moment so these are hard to find actually in stock!

Sizing is like Sidi -- If you want to wear them with a liner and hiking weight sock you should be a 42 or so in Sidi. With thicker ski socks (like a Smartwool mountaineer) you'd want to wear a 41 or 41.5 in summer Sidi size. Regular, NOT mega.

For reference these 43s fit me nicely with a thin wool sock or regular summer bike sock. I usually wear a 42 in most brands (including Specialized and Pearl Izumi), but wear a 43 in Sidi. I have these in a 44 and wear them with a thin liner and medium weight Smartwool Hiker. Let me know if you have questions!

schwa86
12-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I have the road version of these (just picked up this fall) and they are awesome! Went out yesterday in 21 degree weather with wool socks only and feet were very comfortable.

fieldrecordings
12-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Just to confirm my reading of your size info (it's late & I should go to bed), if I wear a Sidi 43 Mega, the Lake 43 will likely be too small/narrow?

mo3039
12-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Yes, afraid that if you wear Mega you will find this boot too narrow.

triperson
12-20-2011, 07:05 AM
what type of cleats is this compatible with?

LouDeeter
12-20-2011, 07:50 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lake-MXZ302-Winter-Boot-BNIB-Standard-and-Wide-Fit-/160697237760?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Athletic_Shoes_E T&var=&hash=item6b1c99e249#ht_500wt_965

You can get them on the bay in mega size, but at a hefty price. I live in Florida so have no need for these, but wish I had had them when I lived in cold climates when I was younger. I resorted to gortex lined hiking boots and extra large clips and straps back then when I wanted to go out in sub-freezing weather. These make so much more sense.

Andreas
12-20-2011, 09:30 AM
If these are the ones,
http://www.bikeman.com/LAKE-MXZ302-43.html, then they should fit somebody who wears mega's.

They run wide compared to sidi's.
I need sidi mega's road and mtb, but find the regular Lakes to fit well.

mo3039
12-20-2011, 09:57 AM
@triperson - these are regular SPD compatible - so MTB-specific and other 2 bolt cleat systems (crank brothers, speedplay MTB, etc).

@andreas - yes, your link goes to the same version I'm selling. I can't personally speak to the issue as I fit well in regular Sidis and was going off what someone else told me about the mega sizes.

So let's say that if you REALLY need wide shoes, you may want to go with LouDeeter's link. If you run Sidi mega but can fit a regular summer Lake, these will make you happy. Shoes, eh? :rolleyes:

mo3039
12-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Pre-holiday bump for a price reduction. $190 shipped priority sans box to lower 48, + extra for elsewhere. +5 for box (because then I need a bigger more expensive shipping box)

The Narg
12-21-2011, 05:01 PM
I ride in these all winter long in Chicago and they are wonderful. If you're a cold weather cyclist, your feet will thank you. I wear a 42 in most shoes, and got the Lakes in a 43. Kind of long and medium width, but with toe room with thick socks for me. Get them...

CNY rider
12-21-2011, 07:22 PM
I ride in these all winter long in Chicago and they are wonderful. If you're a cold weather cyclist, your feet will thank you. I wear a 42 in most shoes, and got the Lakes in a 43. Kind of long and medium width, but with toe room with thick socks for me. Get them...

This is pretty much my experience as well.
I wear 41 or 42 in typical road shoes depending on the brand.
With these winter Lakes I wear a heavy sock and the 43 is perfect.

And there really is no substitute for these. If Lake doesn't come back to life I will have to wear my pair for all eternity. They're that good.

DfCas
12-21-2011, 08:07 PM
I have a pair of these and they are worth any price. For sizing help. I wear a Sidi 45.5 Mega in the summer, and a 47 Wide in the Lake boots fits slightly looser, leaving room for extra socks.

Also, you do not want a winter shoe or glove to fit snug, as it inhibits circulation.

DHallerman
12-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Sizing is like Sidi -- If you want to wear them with a liner and hiking weight sock you should be a 42 or so in Sidi. With thicker ski socks (like a Smartwool mountaineer) you'd want to wear a 41 or 41.5 in summer Sidi size. Regular, NOT mega.

This is so true. My exact experience in sizing with these Lake winter boots, too.

I'm a Sidi 45, got my first pair of Lake boots as 45, and wondered why they didn't keep me warm. That's because my feet were stuffed in there.

Remember, air pockets insulate too.

So then I got the Lake boots in 46, and they keep my feet warm in the coldest weather I'll cycle in, about mid-20s or so. They're also great in the early spring, when it's in the 30s or low 40s.

Dave, who wears his Lake boots with thicker hiking socks

mo3039
12-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks for all the input and encouragement folks. I know they will make someone happy and warm.

I've got to sign off until holiday visitors. If you're interested hit me up with PM after 1/8/12 and I'll get them on their way. :beer:

beungood
01-07-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm wearing 43 Spec Road shoes how do these compare?

jonnyBgood
01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
MAN! Now that is a winter BOOT. How far above the ankle are they?

Too bad I wear a 46 or I might be buyin' some new winter boots.

mo3039
01-09-2012, 11:37 PM
beungood I've sent you a return PM. Please let me know.

jonnyBgood - they come up a couple inches above my ankle, and much of that is a nicely flex/warm neoprene. They rock, and I've got to ditch this killer cough so I can get out and enjoy mine again!

jonnyBgood
01-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Yeah I hear with the cough. I had a pretty good cold after Thanksgiving that took me quite some time to get over.

I rode 46 miles with three other guys Sunday before the Broncos game and it was cold.

I started using a little Mad Alchemy Embrocation on the feet last year and the stuff works wonders.

I wear Swiftwick wool socks, Specialized S-Works shoes with Specialized toe covers and Pearl Izumi lycra shoe covers and all the toes were good.

DHallerman
01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I am shocked, truly and simply shocked, that this FS thread -- for new shoes, too -- has gone on so long.

These are the best winter cycling boots available (if SPD is okay for you).

Actually, not just winter, but late fall and early spring too...cycling at 40 and below and wanting toasty toes, these are the ones.

If, as another poster noted, they were size 46, I would have jumped on them immediately, even though I already own a pair. (Okay, I've been known to have too many backups, but still...)

Dave, who says he doesn't know the seller at all but does know the footwear

mo3039
01-14-2012, 01:31 PM
These have found a forumite home, thanks everyone!