PDA

View Full Version : Christmas present to myself...

kohlboto
12-19-2011, 07:34 PM
The DeSalvo is back in Ashland for a little makeover so I went with an additional custom touch by commissioning Suzanne Carlsen of Poka Cycle Accessories to create a new head badge with my son's name. I am in awe of the finished product (and Porter who also inspires me on a daily basis).
Needless to say, her work is brilliant and she is great to work with.

akelman
12-19-2011, 07:36 PM
That is both beautiful and touching. But wait, what are you having done to your DeSalvo? And double wait, what DeSalvo? You've been holding out on me! (My favorite daily rider at the moment is my 10th Anniversary. What a great bike. And what a great guy Mike is.)

kohlboto
12-19-2011, 07:47 PM
That is both beautiful and touching. But wait, what are you having done to your DeSalvo? And double wait, what DeSalvo? You've been holding out on me! (My favorite daily rider at the moment is my 10th Anniversary. What a great bike. And what a great guy Mike is.)

Hey Thanks Ari,
The DeSalvo actually predates the Hampsten. It was originally purchased as a baby shower gift to myself (which makes it sound like I treat myself quite a bit...).
Porter's name was originally painted on the top tube but with new braze-ons added to the existing frame it would have to be completely re-painted and that's when I stumbled upon Suzanne's work as a more elegant alternative to the painted-on name.
I agree, Mike is beyond brilliant and a truly great guy.

ckamp
12-19-2011, 08:00 PM
I am in awe of the finished product
That badge looks well made, that's a great idea!

Bob Loblaw
12-19-2011, 08:05 PM
That is outstanding. Do post photos of the finished bike complete with head badge.

BL

Louis
12-19-2011, 08:14 PM
I wish more frame builders (big and small) offered a "real headbadge" option. It's purely cosmetic, but IMO a nice touch.

AngryScientist
12-19-2011, 08:20 PM
I wish more frame builders (big and small) offered a "real headbadge" option. It's purely cosmetic, but IMO a nice touch.

agree

BumbleBeeDave
12-19-2011, 08:54 PM
. . . some of Jen Green's work. It's really impressive.

http://www.headbadges.com/id74.html

http://www.headbadges.com/index.html

BBD

AngryScientist
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
. . . some of Jen Green's work. It's really impressive.

BBD

nice dave - you've got one of her badges on your cross bike right?

BumbleBeeDave
12-19-2011, 09:09 PM
nice dave - you've got one of her badges on your cross bike right?

. . . and I want to get one for the Serotta. Send her a pic of the bike and tell her "Indulge yourself, as long as it has an "S" and a bumblebee on it!

BBD

tiretrax
12-19-2011, 09:27 PM
All are great. Headtube badges are such a great place for something unexptected. Congratulations on your baby.