PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Sante w/ RSX conversion question

Kylide
12-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Recently I decided to run 3x7 RSX STI shifters with my Sante group. When I had my DT's on I could index through fine, but since I installed the STI I have been have trouble shifting down on the rear dérailleur, the front works great. Does anyone else have any experience with this? I have taken to a few LBS and no one has been able to offer any advice.

Kontact
12-17-2011, 09:52 PM
It could just be that you have a well worn derailleur or friction in the cables. Make sure the cables move smootly when not hooked up to the derailleur and that the cable is attached to the correct position on the derailleur pinch bolt.

If upshifting (14 to 13 to 12) is still a problem, that generation of derailleur had a flat screw that could be turned to increase parallelogram tension, helping it upshift. But check the other stuff first.

There is no compatibility problem, though. RSX, Sante, 105, Ultegra, RX100, 600EX, 7700 and later DA, 300EX and the old mountain stuff work on the same shift standard and are 100% compatible for the rear derailleur and right shifter, regardless of the number of speeds.