PDA

View Full Version : So nice to just ride...

fourflys
12-17-2011, 06:14 PM
so today I went out for a ride with no agenda other then a vague idea of the direction I was going... found a really cool new shop and just really enjoyed the day...

a nice break
http://threeflys.smugmug.com/Sports/Cycling/i-XvBJmpX/0/L/IMG2138-L.jpg

Christmas at the Beach
http://threeflys.smugmug.com/Sports/Cycling/i-FXG92L7/0/L/IMG2139-L.jpg

dave thompson
12-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Where is that, Del Mar?

rugbysecondrow
12-17-2011, 06:23 PM
awesome. It seems more and more of my rides are like that. Enjoy.

soulspinner
12-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Cool, :beer:

konstantkarma
12-17-2011, 08:23 PM
I like your bike. Looks like a comfy ride.

fourflys
12-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Where is that, Del Mar?

Dave,
the first pic is at the beach just south of the Cardiff Kook, not sure what it is actually called...

the second pic is at the end of Loma Sante Fe in Solana Beach....

fourflys
12-17-2011, 08:25 PM
I like your bike. Looks like a comfy ride.

thanks it really is, I was pleasantly surprised...

bloody sunday
12-18-2011, 01:23 AM
what shop was it? i frequent the 101 when i'm down in san diego. I will be down there for the week after christmas up to the new year.

Trirunt
12-18-2011, 06:51 AM
Looks like a nice day to ride. I'm jealous of your weather.

fourflys
12-18-2011, 09:34 AM
what shop was it? i frequent the 101 when i'm down in san diego. I will be down there for the week after christmas up to the new year.

the shop I found is Pacific Coast Cycles in Oceanside... just a little hole in the wall shop full of a few new bikes and lots of old ones... I'm a Salsa guy and I saw no less than 3 made in Petaluma Sasla's... the guy that owns the shop, Chuck, used to work for the original Masi (Mario Confete) when they were in SoCal... Chuck is one of those older riders that is pretty opinionated but has forgot more about bikes than I'll ever know...

if you get the chance, stop and check it out... he is on the south end of Oceanside right on the 101...

FlashUNC
12-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Me and a buddy tried a new loop up to Davidson today. Stopped at the local coffee shop there. 45-ish mile loop. Not bad for a Sunday.

biker72
12-18-2011, 08:42 PM
so today I went out for a ride with no agenda other then a vague idea of the direction I was going... found a really cool new shop and just really enjoyed the day...

This would be a normal ride for me. I try to do at least 2 hours in a random direction. No worries about power output, speed, vo2 max,,,etc..... :)
My rides would be a lot nicer if I had some of that So. Cal. scenery to look at.

handsomerob
12-18-2011, 09:00 PM
... it has been a couple months since I have gone for a ride, but today I decided to remedy that. I had no destination or route in mind and was smiling the whole way. I really forgot how much I enjoy riding a bike

btw... is that the new Casseroll? it has a longer head tube than I thought it would... what size is it? do you love it?

That is the one rig that may drive me to make a stable change.

thendenjeck
12-18-2011, 09:18 PM
on the other hand, I set out with a goal in mind today: to reach 3 Floyds Brewery and have some beers and burgers with a new bike buddy. goal achieved, and with a super nice ride along the way. 70 miles round trip in one layer in mid december in chicago :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
12-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Christmas Tree. Palm trees . . . that is just. So. Wrong. :crap:

Actually, I'm just jealous. Got in 22 yesterday and it was low 30's. BRRRRR! :(

BBD

fourflys
12-18-2011, 10:39 PM
btw... is that the new Casseroll? it has a longer head tube than I thought it would... what size is it? do you love it?

That is the one rig that may drive me to make a stable change.

yes, it is.. I really like it, the like the extended ht... I also like the change they made to cantilever brakes, I use Paul Touring... you could also use mini v's if you did want the cantis... mine is a 54cm... I have a set of the new Salsa Cowbell bars on it that have a shorter reach and drop and have a slight amount of flair... I think they make the bike just perfect...

handsomerob
12-19-2011, 07:31 AM
yes, it is.. I really like it, the like the extended ht... I also like the change they made to cantilever brakes, I use Paul Touring... you could also use mini v's if you did want the cantis... mine is a 54cm... I have a set of the new Salsa Cowbell bars on it that have a shorter reach and drop and have a slight amount of flair... I think they make the bike just perfect...

Sweet. Did Yours did come with the front rack? Have you done a ride report anywhere? I have been looking at these for about a year and would love a detailed comparison. Any word on the color-coded stem? I have a Waterford built La Raza that I like a lot.

fourflys
12-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Sweet. Did Yours did come with the front rack? Have you done a ride report anywhere? I have been looking at these for about a year and would love a detailed comparison. Any word on the color-coded stem? I have a Waterford built La Raza that I like a lot.

I did get the front rack, just haven't put it on yet... haven't done a ride report yet, I'll try and get one up... I don't think they are doing colored stems anymore... A La Raza is on my list to find... :D