PDA

View Full Version : The Outspoken Cyclist.

David Kirk
12-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Yo -

Just yesterday I had the distinct pleasure of doing a phone-in radio interview with Diane Lees of WJCU in Ohio. She has a weekly show called ‘The Outspoken Cyclist’ that deals with all manners of cycling and all her interviews and stories are archived on their site. I’ve really enjoyed going back through the different interviews a and listening to the different builders talking about their work and history. The interview with Steve Garro of Coconino was especially good. That guy kicks ass.

My interview will be broadcast tomorrow, Saturday the 17th, at 5:30 EST and I’m hoping you can tune in and listen live. If you can’t catch it tomorrow it will be there later for you to check out. If you go now the most recent show features interviews with Charles Pelkey of Velonews and the authors of a photo book about cyclists in the Tucson area. Good stuff. The link to my spot will be posted at the top of the page when the time comes. Please check it out – http://www.wjcu.org/media/audio/shows/outspokencyclist

My sincere thanks to Diane Lees and WJCU for allowing me to ramble some – anyone that knows me knows I can ramble with the best of them.

Have a great weekend.

Dave

P.S. - if you haven't heard the show before be sure to scroll down and listen to the interviews posted. Open a good beer and put your feet up and enjoy.

jr59
12-16-2011, 01:57 PM
That's great.

I will be sure to catch it. Maybe not live, but still.

I hope you are good. The outspoken people have had some really good interviews in the past. :p

William
12-16-2011, 02:30 PM
That's great.

I will be sure to catch it. Maybe not live, but still.

I hope you are good. The outspoken people have had some really good interviews in the past. :p

Yes, remember Dave, controversy sells!! :bike:

Just kidding! Thanks for the heads up. I'll listen to either way.

William

PaulE
12-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Diane does great radio shows. She interviewed my friend and coach a couple of months ago.

soulspinner
12-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Cool :beer:

eddief
12-16-2011, 05:59 PM
than e-RICHIE :).

bironi
12-16-2011, 06:14 PM
I'll check it out. Thanks for the Garro recommendation, I enjoyed the interview. :beer:

Frankwurst
12-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dave, and rambling is good in my book. :beer:

MRB
12-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll tune in. No Birkin or Lotus talk, Ok?

David Kirk
12-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll tune in. No Birkin or Lotus talk, Ok?

I think the Lotus was mentioned - sorry. A day without one is like a day without sunshine.

dave

OTB
12-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Big fan of the radio show. And a big fan of Dave's work. Just put my deposit thru for a frameset. Will look forward to the interview.

thinpin
12-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Good interview Dave, nice way to start my day! Listened on the world wide web with cup of tea...too early for a beer!

jlwdm
12-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Very enjoyable Dave. You are as nice on the radio as you are on the internet. Learned some new things about you in the interview.

Stayed at work an extra hour (listened to a replay) and cleaned out some files while I was listening.

Jeff

eddief
12-17-2011, 11:03 PM
along with all your forum inputs. I could have drank two more beers and listened for another hour.

Happy holidays.

David Kirk
12-17-2011, 11:22 PM
along with all your forum inputs. I could have drank two more beers and listened for another hour.

Happy holidays.

Thanks for the kind words. I could have talked for an hour!

I'm told there will be a part two and I look forward to it.

dave

Fishbike
12-18-2011, 04:59 AM
This is so great to know. I have been looking for a bike radio show!

Hawker
12-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Have you tried the Two Johns Podcast? Younger racer guys but they sort of grow on you. It's been "on the air" for about three years now.

http://www.twojohnspodcast.missingsaddle.com/2011/12/17/podcast-12162011-your-best-of-2011-cycling-moment/

merlinmurph
12-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Cool, big DK fan here. My wife and I listen to podcasts on our Friday 3-hour drive up to VT for skiing. The usual fare is "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me", the Sunday Puzzle with Will Shortz, and "Fresh Air" - we'll see what she thinks of DK. ;-)

Think I've gotten old? When I did this drive 25+ years ago, we had a few buds in the car, a couple of casual beers and blasted the tunes. Quickest 3 hours ever.

Murph

Alan
01-10-2013, 04:08 PM
I listen to the Outspoken Cyclist while stretching so it is a great use of my time. Highly recommended. See their site at:

http://outspokencyclist.com

I listen thru iTunes and it is great on my iPad.

They have had some outstanding interviews lately as you can see.

Alan