PDA

View Full Version : the incredible weather continues

AngryScientist
12-16-2011, 07:03 AM
i took off of work yesterday to finish raking my leaves. at least that was the excuse. went outside in the morning with a fresh cup of espresso and to my delight the forecast for rain was, as usual, wrong. near 60 degrees at 830 AM, and sun in the sky. forget the leaves.

started the ride with bib-shorts and arm warmers, finished up in short sleeves, incredible.

global warming - is that you?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ndwy5qT6XK0/TutAyuNvktI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/Be-9Ol31d2U/s320/IMG_0235.jpg

LesMiner
12-16-2011, 07:28 AM
This winter is incredible. In Minnesota we will likely have a brown Christmas. Temperature prediction for Sunday is 42 degrees!! :hello: I went out Thaksgiving Day and the Friday after because it was over 40 degrees!! My English brother-in-law (heck of a climber) was visiting so I adjusted my wife's bike to fit him and we both went out.

My wife has bought me a new winter jersey for Christmas. I wonder if I can talk her into letting me wear it Sunday?

Bob Loblaw
12-16-2011, 07:31 AM
It's working on 50 here today. It's crazy. Cold riding to come this weekend, at least for me with a 5:30 start on Sunday. Still, it's supposed to warm up into the high 30's even then!

BL

A1CKot
12-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Where was global warming when I needed it last year when I was stuck in Minot. It snowed Oct 25th or so and stayed until mid May or something like that. I remember last year around this time it was below zero almost every day and now its like 30ish. Of course I'm in Guam missing the mild winter this year:rolleyes:. But I do love this island thing!!!

A pic for grins...

LesMiner
12-16-2011, 07:39 AM
I really want to get out and get in 50 miles or so if I can stand the cold. A break from spin class and the trainer. Last year at this time there was over a foot of snow on the ground and cold. First lucky break was a warm sunny day in February. Did not get out again until April in the wet and cold. I am hoping for an earlier Spring than last year. I want to schedule the first club century sometime in the last 2 weeks of April.

oldguy00
12-16-2011, 07:39 AM
50 degrees in Halifax as well. Good lunch hour running weather. :beer:

Gummee
12-16-2011, 08:20 AM
I wasn't gonna ride yesterday. Had planned on skipping the ride to go play Underwater Hockey.

Went out to hit the ball for the dogs and noticed it was very warm. Checked the thermometer: 60-ish. No way am I gonna pass up 60s in Dec in NoVA!

May have to get out today on the newly re-re-converted Croshairs. Put road wheels, bigger chainring, and bottle cages back on.

M

merlinmurph
12-16-2011, 11:26 AM
...the skiing is awful, both here in the NE and it doesn't look much better out west.

Oh well, might as well enjoy the nice weather - gotta be flexible. :)

Murph

jr59
12-16-2011, 11:33 AM
I want to go for a ride today.
75 and no wind! It's perfect!

:crap: :crap: :crap:

Work gets in the way of a good time all the time! :confused:

CNY rider
12-16-2011, 11:45 AM
...the skiing is awful, both here in the NE and it doesn't look much better out west.

Oh well, might as well enjoy the nice weather - gotta be flexible. :)

Murph

Yeah for a guy who would rather be back country skiing now (me) the weather is actually pretty awful.
OTOH I think I have ridden my bike something like 8 of the last 10 days.

Ti Designs
12-16-2011, 12:37 PM
This weather blows!!! The first half of the base mileage ride was at 13 MPH into the kind of wind that gets wind surfers all giddy. I must admit, it's damn easy to teach people how to paceline when this happens. My fixed gear was in too high a gear going out and way too low a gear coming home - I just can't win.

oliver1850
01-05-2012, 03:59 AM
Almost a whole week of January gone by, and it's still warm enough for night riding. I left at sunset, got home at 10:30 and the temp was only down to 32.

Louis
01-05-2012, 05:32 AM
The weather this week, especially today (Thursday) and Friday is going to be awesome, but unfortunately I'm too f'n busy at work to take advantage of it. Then it cools off a bit for the weekend. :(

LesMiner
01-05-2012, 06:56 AM
The forecast says 50 degrees for the high today! 100 year old high temperature records are being broken. This would be a day to get out. The warm weather has cleared away almost all the snow. The roads are dry. If I could just get the last of this cold out of my system! At least I am past the constant sneeziing and runny nose stage. The congestion persists :confused:

merlinmurph
01-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Stinks both here in NE and out west. I mean, I really like the comfy bike rides and all, but I'm headed to Utah in a month.

Murph