PDA

View Full Version : ITM Goccia Colnago Quill Stem - LOST Plug

SuperColnago
12-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Crap I guess I was going so fast I lost the plug to my ITM Goccia Colnago Quill Stem....or maybe when I was packing the bike in the dark at 6:00 am in Tasmania.......

In any event, does anyone have a spare grey plug lying around, or do you know if they can still be bought?

rustychisel
12-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Ah, sucks.

I have a complete stem (with plug)... ah, y'know what... on the weekend I'll drop into Phil Mittiga's and ask for the impossible. If anyone can help it's him, or Nino Solari. Nino was the Australian Colnago importer for most of the 80s and 90s and... and Phil sold more Colnago than anyone in Australia I'd reckon.

Will report back

SuperColnago
12-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Hey many thanks Rusty don't make a special trip though!
Where are you located I'm in Adelaide. Want to sell your stem?
Went for a ride today and couldn;t stop staring at the empty slot for the plug, nearly killed myself!
Cheers
Stephen

Brian Cdn
12-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Glad you sourced a plug. Sure is one pretty stem.

Cheers from the Dominion...

rustychisel
12-16-2011, 06:03 PM
okay, Goccia covered (see what I did there?). Thanks to Phil at Norwood Parade Cycles. Perhaps PM me with contact details so I can get it to you. You're in Adelaide too?

SuperColnago
12-16-2011, 09:44 PM
OK fantastic! Do I meet you or Phil at Norwood Parade?
my mobile 9420 529 107 (Henley Beach)
Stephen :banana:

SuperColnago
12-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Thx Brian where are you, I'm back to the Dominion 1 Feb, Ouch! (Ottawa)
Stephen(Supercolnago)

see my post
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=100997

Glad you sourced a plug. Sure is one pretty stem.

Cheers from the Dominion...

Brian Cdn
12-16-2011, 11:02 PM
(Ottawa) Great cycling scene and routes there.. will be even better in the spring. The Gatineau park is near by... all good.

I am in Toronto..
Bon voyage .. welcome to Canada

Brian

SuperColnago
12-18-2011, 02:36 AM
THANKS to my new mate RustyChisel, he:
1.Found me a new 1997 NOS Goccia Stem Plug.
2.Procured it for me.
3.DELIVERED it to me on the weekend before XMas
4.AND stayed for a coffee!

How cool is that, a Canadian living in Australia loses his stem plug in Tasmania, puts up a thread on North American Serotta Forum, an Aussie finds a new plug, and takes the time to deliver it in person because the guy who lost the plug lives only 10 km away from him in the same city (Adelaide)! Just too weird!

This Forum is fantastic thanks to blokes like RustyChisel, who explained his motivation was to pay back a bike loan from a complete stranger while on a european trip.

THIS is what makes the forum so valuable, I gained a new riding friend, and am further motivated to 'pay it forward'

Many thanks to RustyChisel, for renewing my faith in society, all it takes is a small gesture to make huge impact!

Merry Christmas, thanks again RustyChisel :banana:

rustychisel
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi Stephen,

thank you... kind words indeed. Literally, it was a very small thing, and thanks for the excellent coffee, cake and conversation. Best for the holiday season.

Alex