PDA

View Full Version : ANT+ question

aaronf
12-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Will one ANT+ device (power meter or heart rate strap) communicate with two receivers simultaneously? Or do they just pair to one device at a time?
Thinking it should work, but I am sure someone here has a similar setup.
Thanks!
Aaron

gavingould
12-15-2011, 08:20 PM
i believe you can pair more than one receiver to a device - i've seen people use both a garmin and powertap computer at the same time to compare data.

FGC
12-15-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm pretty sure it'll work. A few times I've started in a group or at the start line up my computer and got all kinds of numbers from people close by. I'm sure if you intended to calibrate two receivers with one transmitter it shouldn't be a problem.

Bruce K
12-15-2011, 08:22 PM
I did it Tuesday with my Quark/Powertap Joule and my iPhone 4S running Qualvin so my coach could watch the data.

BK

wallymann
12-15-2011, 08:27 PM
The sending unit Just sends data.

The pairing from the receiver just lets it recognize. As others have suggested you can have multiple receivers picking up the data broadcast from a single sender
There is no technical limit.

aaronf
12-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the confirmation!

Spicoli
12-16-2011, 07:00 AM
I did it Tuesday with my Quark/Powertap Joule and my iPhone 4S running Qualvin so my coach could watch the data.

BK
Hey Bruce, got a couple questions for ya?

-"Qualvin" would it link to an SRM?
-Does it kill the iphone battery?
-does it show the usual data?
-doubt it... but is it downloadable to say WKO?
-You need a Garmin "dongle" to do it... correct?
-Does it pick up all the data while in a jersey pocket?

Sorry for all the questions but sounds like you have first hand exp. and this seems like a cool option.

LesMiner
12-16-2011, 08:01 AM
The sending unit Just sends data.

The pairing from the receiver just lets it recognize. As others have suggested you can have multiple receivers picking up the data broadcast from a single sender
There is no technical limit.

That is very true. If you are riding in a group you need to power up away from anyone else to be sure your sender and receiver are married. Nothing like coasting in pack (as in not pedaling) and notice your cadence registers 100 RPM! I know others that have had issues with their Power Tap. In an indoor training session where everyone has a power meter, sometimes your receiver starts to pick up someone else's Power Tap. What is really frustrating is that you can not unmarry the unwanted one.

echappist
12-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Hey Bruce, got a couple questions for ya?

-"Qualvin" would it link to an SRM?
-Does it kill the iphone battery?
-does it show the usual data?
-doubt it... but is it downloadable to say WKO?
-You need a Garmin "dongle" to do it... correct?
-Does it pick up all the data while in a jersey pocket?

Sorry for all the questions but sounds like you have first hand exp. and this seems like a cool option.

-Qalvin is quarq only. It searches for quarq ID
-No idea about battery. Doesn't seem to kill it much when i calibrate my quarq
-Shows the usual data
-Most likely not downloadable
-The extra device is made by Wahoo called the Fisica key. Wahoo does have free software that allows downloading, i think
-Never tried the jersey pocket recording.

Spicoli
12-17-2011, 12:41 AM
cool thnx :beer: