PDA

View Full Version : Serotta_Pete going to Peter Mckeon

Pete Serotta
12-13-2011, 01:47 PM
I am going to step out of moderation and team forum management of the forum, as well as a Serotta ombudsman.

My views are quite different than the evolving Serotta -(Steve's(RED RIDER) and Ben's view to going forward, as it relates to the FORUM.

It is not my company but theirs and that is fine.

Thus to start 2012 without Serotta_Pete is best, Especially since the changes in the Serotta plans for forum are different than they are now, The parts that will change are very dear to me and I believe in.

I am sorry for the forum and its perceived lack of value to SEROTTA as it is today,

I like the friendships and comrades that have been formed over the years and still love the SEROTTA brand and consider Ben as long time friend. I still lust the brand and bikes and also ride and recommend them.

The HSG, Ti, Meivici and OTTROTT are second to none. :D

Peter_Mckeon is my ID going forward for I am now just Pete and your forum pal and friend.

AngryScientist
12-13-2011, 01:54 PM
PETE - a lot of things eluded to that i will not question at this time.

I have now spent a lot of time here, and I consider most of you folks friends. If it were not for this forum and great community, I likely would have never found a Serotta under my butt. Thanks for everything, and I'm sure whatever new role you assume, you will be excellent at it.

:beer:

LegendRider
12-13-2011, 01:59 PM
We (the Serotta Forum regulars) need to find another online meeting place if/before the current Forum is limited somehow. NOTE: This is not a criticism of Serotta - I can absolutely understand their questioning of the Forum's value to their bottom line.

AFS
12-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks Pete for all your work. I've enjoyed the forum and how it's been run.

William
12-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Pete,

What you have said, I've heard echoed from other corners. If this ends up evolving to a Serotta only forum (ala Bianchi <crickets>) then it would be quite the boring place. I dig Serotta and and all the friendships that I have developed over the years here. If I have to make a choice between the two, I think it's obvious what I will choose. This forum existed before Serotta took it over, and I'm sure another iteration will arise if there are drastic changes.

Don't get me wrong, Serotta makes top notch frames and it's been great that they have hosted this forum over the years that has turned into a wonderful, supportive community. It's more then just bikes now, if they want to make it just bikes, it's their to do with as they please. Short sighted in my opinion, but their choice nonetheless.

You are the best Pete and I'll tip some Red to you tonight!! :beer:

William

William
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
We (the Serotta Forum regulars) need to find another online meeting place if/before the current Forum is limited somehow. NOTE: This is not a criticism of Serotta - I can absolutely understand their questioning of the Forum's value to their bottom line.

Agreed. :cool:

William

Pete Serotta
12-13-2011, 02:11 PM
The overall purpose of the SEROTTA forum is to promote cycling. Additionally, it has been the focal point for end user questions about brands or a product problem. A forum contributor typically posts here and or contacts me. When needed for Serotta specific issues, I then work with the team in Saratoga to either get the question answered, the problem resolved, or put the customer in contact with the correct person in Saratoga.

The “moderators” insure the topics are not “offensive” on a day to day basis. If problems are ongoing they send me a note or post to the moderator thread. I either resolve or work with Ben to give him my recommendations on resolution.
Demographics of the audience are young and many professional folks. Seeing more European influence lately, but it is still very small in regard to participation. Australia and the UK have a presence on the forum.

A thread is a topic that has been posted by an individual, a posts is the comment that is made to the thread. The members and those who have an ID to posts and subscribe to the forum.

Topics within the forum are:
General: Mostly Cycling related with some human interaction topics, as well as current events
Bike Fit: General discussions about bicycle fit – questions and replies
Events: Cycling events in the US which are posted by forum-ites
Classified: For sale cycling items by folks who are members of the forum
OT OTHER TOPIC (OT): Not cycling related, iIn test mode for 30 days
Serotta FIT: This section was meant as a vehicle for the folks, who have gone through the SICI classes, to communicate, ask questions, and share information
Picture Gallery: For people to post their bike pictures

chismog
12-13-2011, 02:13 PM
This is an amazing place. I've learned so much, about bikes and otherwise. Found some great deals too, and helped out some fellow riders with stuff they needed.

I'll be sad if it changes a lot. I think it's run really well right now. It is a valuable service imho, and I'd pay a membership fee if there was one.

Big props to you Pete, and the other mods. You should be proud of this forum.

C

Tonger
12-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Thank you Pete, this has been a worthwhile place and so much of that has to do with you. I found this place originally looking for advice about a used Concours on eBay and wound up purchasing an Ottrott from a dealer.

No forum plea for help ---> no Dave T intervention ---> no shiny Ottrott.

You have been more than generous with your time and energy in your role as Chief Diplomat here. Thanks for improving my Serotta experience.

Appreciatively,
Frank

ckamp
12-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks Pete for all your hard work! This is a great place for obtaining a wealth of information, meeting people with the same passion and giving/recieving a good deal here and there.

I dig Serotta and and all the friendships that I have developed over the years here. If I have to make a choice between the two, I think it's obvious what I will choose
Agreed!

BlackTiBob
12-13-2011, 02:24 PM
you're the best and you need to do what you need to do.

I probably wouldn't be on my Ottrott if it wasn't for you and this board.
You clearly were on this board as a passion, not as your job----hope that the new/revised board admin continues that spirit.

Let's all hope that the changes don't wreck what we have here...

Bob in Mn

e-RICHIE
12-13-2011, 02:40 PM
I am going to step out of moderation and team forum management of the forum, as well as a Serotta ombudsman.

My views are quite different than the evolving Serotta -(Steve's(RED RIDER) and Ben's view to going forward, as it relates to the FORUM.

It is not my company but theirs and that is fine.

Thus to start 2012 without Serotta_Pete is best, Especially since the changes in the Serotta plans for forum are different than they are now, The parts that will change are very dear to me and I believe in.

I am sorry for the forum and its perceived lack of value to SEROTTA as it is today,
<cut>

pete - we'll leave the light on for ya' atmo.

ps

arrange disorder

:cool: :cool: :cool:
:cool: :cool: :D

Smiley
12-13-2011, 02:42 PM
This forum is about the people that frequent it...period. The fact that Serotta has graciously hosted us is been very generous. I think the traffic that is derived from this site can't be measured in Frns. Its not the members fault that this traffic has not been harnessed correctly.

I can think of the Kit sales alone and the opportnity lost in just clothing and goods. So I hope the smarter than I folks know not to change the reciept for Coke to NEW Coke back to Classic Coke. Or just recently the Netflix fiasco.

Pete, Your DA Man and always welcome in Casa El Captain anytime good buddy.

rugbysecondrow
12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Pete_Mckeon is my ID going forward for I am now just Pete and your forum pal and friend.

Cheers and hope you find 2012 in great health.

Spinner
12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Pete,

Thanks for all of your efforts in making this virtual community click.

Marc

BumbleBeeDave
12-13-2011, 03:08 PM
You already know how i feel. You can be succeeded but never replaced. Talk to you again very soon.

BBD

William
12-13-2011, 03:23 PM
This forum is about the people that frequent it...period. The fact that Serotta has graciously hosted us is been very generous. I think the traffic that is derived from this site can't be measured in Frns. Its not the members fault that this traffic has not been harnessed correctly.

I can think of the Kit sales alone and the opportnity lost in just clothing and goods. So I hope the smarter than I folks know not to change the reciept for Coke to NEW Coke back to Classic Coke. Or just recently the Netflix fiasco.

Pete, Your DA Man and always welcome in Casa El Captain anytime good buddy.

Pretty much nailed that one Smiley-pal. All topics we here have touched on in the past. And as some of the marketers and consultant types that have frequented the forum have pointed out numerous times...... this place (as it is, and with all the cached information) is a marketers/demographers wet dream.

Know how to use your tools. :)

William

jr59
12-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Why do I have the rotten feeling that I'm about to lose a very cool place and a bunch of friends? :crap:

Man I hope whoever doesn't eff this site up!

Pete; Many thanks need to be said for all the work done on here and behind the scene. Thank you my friend.

Joachim
12-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Even if we have to go, it's just like a family moving. We make it a home somewhere else. :)

Thanks for everything Pete...

Ahneida Ride
12-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Just think that at one time ...

all the major builders hung out on the Serotta Phorum .....

The original bifurcation never shoulda happened.

konstantkarma
12-13-2011, 03:48 PM
I will miss this place if it falls by the wayside. Thanks for moderating Pete!

victoryfactory
12-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Pete;

I have written and erased about 9 witty, sarcastic, insightful, crude, brilliant,
funny, hopeful, bitter, stupid, shortsighted, mawkish and critical comments just now.

But really....
Be well.
and thanks for your hard work.

VF

CNY rider
12-13-2011, 04:04 PM
You're a good man Pete. :beer:
Nothing but best wishes to you and to Serotta if they jettison us.
And yes, I think much of this family will stick together even if its in a new place.

BumbleBeeDave
12-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Even if we have to go, it's just like a family moving. We make it a home somewhere else. :)

Thanks for everything Pete...

. . . for the forum to go away!

There will likely be some changes in the coming days, but a number of people are dedicated to making sure this community continues to exist and grow and thrive.

Just please be patient for the time being as the arrangements are being made for what the next step will be--an upward step! :banana:

BBD

Keith A
12-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Just to reiterate what Dave said, there will mostly be some changes...but Serotta does not want the forum to end. The relationship between Serotta and the forum may indeed change, but the community as it is will stay intact. And Pete (Serotta_Pete or Pete Mckeon) is still going to be here

Wimpy
12-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks for a job well done.

Ben if you are listening:

If you are going in a new direction PLEASE start fresh and don't just turn it over to one of the existing, heavy handed, over opinionated mods.

Get Some one NEW!

Keith A
12-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Wimpy -- Sorry to say, but you're going to have to live with us if you stick around :D

William
12-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks for a job well done.

Ben if you are listening:

If you are going in a new direction PLEASE start fresh and don't just turn it over to one of the existing, heavy handed, over opinionated mods.

Get Some one NEW!

Heavy handed? Dude, you must not hang around too many other forums. I have, and modded myself. This place is tame compared to the heavy handed tactics I've seen numerous places elsewhere.

William

e-RICHIE
12-13-2011, 04:16 PM

all the major builders hung out on the Phorum .....

agreed.
however, it did happen.
bring back Kahuna atmo!

ps

arrange disorder

;) ;) ;)
:p :p :p
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

Wimpy
12-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Wimpy -- Sorry to say, but you're going to have to live with us if you stick around :D
I didn't even know you were a mod :crap:

Louis
12-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Pete, we'll miss your steady hand.

But at least you'll still be around. :beer:

Louis

PS OP now has me wondering what the future will bring... :confused:

Bud_E
12-13-2011, 04:27 PM
...you'd smell as sweet. I appreciate the great job you've done with this forum.

Keith A
12-13-2011, 04:29 PM
I didn't even know you were a mod :crap:Now you know :)

<snip>
PS OP now has me wondering what the future will bring... :confused:Louis -- There maybe a few hiccups, but there is nothing to worry about.

fourflys
12-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Pete,
Thanks for all the hard work! I trust and support the other mods (Keith, BBD, Steve, ???) and know they will try and keep the spirit as much as possible...

Chris
anxiously awaiting to see what's new...

Louis
12-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Now you know :)

Louis -- There maybe a few hiccups, but there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks Keith. And thanks to all the other mods, without whom this place would not work.

Norm Swift
12-13-2011, 04:34 PM

This forum didn't seem broken, and I do have two Serottas in my stable directly as a result of this community. Although not purchased new I'm sure it doesn't hurt the brand to have my two Serottas roaming the Maryland/DC roads.

I hope the format does not change drastically. I've learned quite a bit and it has been a great day-to-day pleasure to lurk, and sometimes even contribute to the overall forum community.

Norm.

DRZRM
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Pete, we've not seen eye to eye on each and every issue, but overall you've done a great job here. I am very glad to hear you'll still be around, whatever form this place takes.

Best,

Zach

Ahneida Ride
12-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Does this mean .... I get released from Double Secret Probation? :banana:

I think I already know the answer ....

Grant McLean
12-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks Pete, for all the passion and your many efforts.

-g

majorpat
12-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Few things rise above the mediocrity of normal life and add value without asking for anything in return. This forum is one of those things.

Thanks for your part, Pete, in making this place worth it.

Pat

dbrk
12-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Our gratitude and admiration for you, Pete, reaches far beyond this cyber world. Thanks for all you have done these many years.

bironi
12-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks Pete, from this corner of the country. I hope we can all continue riding the tubes together.
Byron

93legendti
12-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks Pete-for everything.

David Kirk
12-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks Pete.

dave

texbike
12-13-2011, 05:59 PM
As others have stated, Thanks for your efforts Pete! I'm glad that you're sticking around.

Texbike

palincss
12-13-2011, 06:10 PM

all the major builders hung out on the Serotta Phorum .....

Perhaps now is the time to heal that rift. If this place is going to change its character in a way that would make it fundamentally different from what we know and cherish, maybe we should consolidate over across the hall.

Elefantino
12-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Pete rocks. Always has, always will! :banana:

As for the rest. This place had better not change one iota :no: or I'm going to take my handsome avatar and go across the hall, where no one listens to what I say.

Uh ...

William
12-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Ahh, all will be well. :)

William

Keith A
12-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Ahh, all will be well. :) Indeed it will

William
12-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Indeed it will

:cool:

William

eddief
12-13-2011, 06:37 PM
good job. i might be emabarrassssed to say how much time i have spent here in the last 10 years or so. of course the number of postings sorta says it all. i'd miss you/it/all youz guys. how do you spell "cumbeyah?" i mean it in the most sincere way.

SoCalSteve
12-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Pete,

You are my friend and I respect the hell out of you! You have done an amazing job as Chief Moderator, keeping this a safe and sane place (as much as it can be when you have a bunch of leg shaving men here... :rolleyes: ).

We all thank you and support you for all your hard work and great effort you have put into making this such a great place. And a personal heartfelt thank you from me.... :beer:

Steve

old_fat_and_slow
12-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks Pete for all your hard work, and especially for giving me a "second chance"!

Best of luck to all the moderators in 2012 in figuring out how to transition the forum into whatever form it evolves into. I sure hope the place doesn't go away. I like it, and a lot of the people who hang out here. I especially hope the classified section doesn't go away. I have been the beneficiary of a lot of very good transactions here.

Good luck guys!

chuckroast
12-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Pete, thanks for your moderating efforts over the years. I am particularly looking forward to your future posts as just one of the guys....

eddief
12-13-2011, 07:31 PM
recently. i liked that "place" too. interesting to acknowledge the degree to which i/we are somehow weirdly connected via the net. connected is connected.

http://www.ecovelo.info/

pdmtong
12-13-2011, 07:40 PM
I bought my Ottrott and then joined this place.
Was with Kahuna on the calfee forum prior to.
Was here before across the hall.
Have learned a lot and hope I have given some back to.

Thanks to Pete for all his good work here

maunahaole
12-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Pete, I really hope this change does not eventually lead to drinking white zin. By anyone.

Dekonick
12-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Pete, I really hope this change does not eventually lead to drinking white zin. By anyone.

+1

choke
12-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks for everything you've done Pete.

Thanks to the other Mods as well; it's often a thankless job but your work is appreciated.

PaulE
12-13-2011, 08:05 PM
You have been a great influence in shaping and guiding this Forum and I'm honored to call you a friend. Sure the conversations here go all over the place and need to be reined in now and then, but allowing the free discussion has been part of the Serotta allure for me.

If it weren't for the Forum, and its previous iterations, I wouldn't have met so many wonderful people, online or in person, been to 2 Open Houses in Saratoga, or own 3 Serottas. I've learned a lot from coming here, about bikes and plenty of other topics too. I can also think of 5 friends I helped convince buy a new Serotta rather than something else when they were in the market for a new bike. That can't be quantifiably demonstrated, but it happened. I'm sure that plenty of other Forumites have done the same and more. Most of those referrals likely wouldn't have happened without this place.

MRB
12-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks for all that you've done, Pete. Your time and energy is appreciated. I wish you a healthy 2012.

Steve in SLO
12-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Pete,
You have been the even hand that has steered this forum...it is evident that you are much appreciated by many members.
Now you get to stick around and just read posts for your enjoyment...not too bad, afterall.

biker72
12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Best wishes and good health for 2012 Pete.
Thanks for all you've done.

gasman
12-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Thank you Pete !

Dave

Bruce K
12-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Wow am I late to this particular party.

This place would never have grown, survived, or become what it is without tons of hard work and dedication by our buddy Pete. I am glad he has no plans to totally ride off into the sunset.

As for our future I am pretty sure we will have one here on the web. It may just take a little time to figure out what it will look like and where it will be.

In the meantime let's enjoy the time here and keep our freinds close.

BK

zmudshark
12-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Pete, if you ever make it to PHX in the Winter, or Ann Arbor in the Summer, you have a hook up.

Thanks for everything.

jmeloy
12-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Pete, your steady hand has kept this place together (along with the other mods). To put it simply I'd be riding some crappy big brand bike if I hadn't found this place. All the best!

Wayne77
12-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Pete, your good natured and helpful persona have been much appreciated. Thanks for all of your help with my own requests and tireless contributions to make the forum what it is today.

-W

jsfoster
12-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey Pete, You have been great on the forum, and on the road. Its been a wonderful experience and I am sure it will continue the way it needs to. Best, jf

rwsaunders
12-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Rock on, Pete...you're a good man.

572cv
12-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Even if I've only been hanging around for a few years, I've come to appreciate the good humor, knowledge , spirit, wide ranging interests , willingness to share, joie de vivre and savoir faire of the forumites- well, mostly..... But a lot of it comes from the mods who set the tone and maintain the dignity of the place. So, another tip of the cold weather chapeau to Pete, may the legacy of his approach linger long around here, even if he isn't an active mod. Cheers!

thwart
12-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Sure, I may have wondered once or twice... 'why is that a sticky?' or whatever.

But overall, Pete, you've done really great work here, herding us cats.

Glad to hear you're still going to be around.

jimcav
12-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I hope it was not thankless, certainly I owe you thanks. Just today I was thinking I would love send a Christmas card to you and several others here on the forum who have interacted with me online and via phone. Although I have met so very few, so many have given me wonderful advice, both cycling-related and OT, provided perspective when I needed it, and of course enabled me to have some incredible rides on incredible bikes. I've lost count of the bikes that have come and gone, and truly miss a few, and i count my current serotta for sale among them. But take heart and take note Serotta: my '93 coors light will be with me unless parting with it is somehow integral to the life of my children. It was a combination of the bike itself, who and where I was when i got it, and this forum that has endeared it even more to me over the years.

Some of you go out and ride for me please.

chakatrain
12-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Pete, I hardly ever post, but swing by these forums a few times a week. I was
amazed at the quality and usual civility of the forum posts and the fact that
most of the major builders were here in some fashion.

Was sorry to see the split some years back, but I understand it, these things happen and go on as they go.

I've really appreciated your helpfulness, enthusiasm and love for wine(!) and wish you all the best. Thanks for all that you've done!

PBWrench
12-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Pete - Thank you for your dedication to building this community. Rubber side down! PBW :hello:

mike p
12-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Pete,
Take a much needed vacation. You've done a great job and we really appreciate your time, hard work, and commitment.

Thanks Pete
Mike

1happygirl
12-14-2011, 12:22 AM
For everything. I won't gush on and on like I want to 'cuz thanks isn't enough for Pete so before I get all weepy I'll stop, but

a ps....I just appreciate this place so much. It is the only place on the internet that has been a regular go to place and the only place I go to for bicycle and (OT) advice.

I love each and everyone of you and even though we haven't met, you are family.
Right now my name should be onesadgirl :confused: .

Gothard
12-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Thank you Pete for the behind-the-scenes work performed year after year.

So now for that Alps trip.....

Germany_chris
12-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Thanks Pete!!

alancw3
12-14-2011, 04:24 AM
Thanks Pete for all of your work and guidance on the forum. Hope you have a great holiday season!

Alan

gearguywb
12-14-2011, 05:43 AM
Good Job Pete, and best wishes in everything that you choose to pursue.

If something happens to the forum....what will I do at work?

sokyroadie
12-14-2011, 05:47 AM
Ditto: All the best and kudo's for keeping us straight.

Thanks!

Jeff

tele
12-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Thanks Pete and welcome to being a mere mortal with the rest of us!

bobswire
12-14-2011, 06:24 AM
This is one time I hope the new Boss is like the Old Boss.
Pete your wise counsel and mediation will surely be missed.
Thankfully Pete the forumite will only be a PM away, thanks much.

Elefantino
12-14-2011, 06:31 AM
The suspense is killing me.

What changes can we expect? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Climb01742
12-14-2011, 06:44 AM
i've owned four serottas, and all were directly due to this forum. whatever changes come, i hope the folks making the changes realize what this community has, does and could contribute to the brand.

but there's no question at all about what pete has contributed to the brand and to this place. you're a darn good man, pete. peace and rock on.

oldguy00
12-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Thanks Pete!

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
-BostonD (or dr seus...)

djg
12-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Pete

Of course it is their company, and their call what to do with the forum, but I hope they appreciate what you've done for them -- I know that you've done a hell of a lot for us. I'd like to thank you for that. I've had a high opinion of Serotta bikes for a long time -- 30 years or so -- but the fact is that this forum played a role in the two new Serottas that I've bought in the past 5 years.

If you're ever passing through NoVa, DC, etc., I'll be glad to raid the Vinotemp for something good and red.

William
12-14-2011, 07:09 AM
The suspense is killing me.

What changes can we expect? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The more things change, the more they stay the same. ;)

What movie is the following quote from???

Dad: What is this?
Mom: It's sauteed zucchini.
Dad: It's I-tey food. I don't want no I-tey food.
Mom: It's not. I got it at the A&P. It's like... squash.
Dad: I know I-tey food when I hear it! It's all them "eenie" foods... zucchini... and linguine... and fettuccine. I want some American food, dammit! I want French fries!
Mom: [to the cat, who has jumped up onto the table] Oh, get off the table, Fellini!
Dad: Hey, that's *my* cat! His name's not Fellini, it's Jake! I won't have any "eenie" in this house!
[to the cat]
Dad: Your name's Jake, you hear?

William :)

Joel
12-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks Pete!

And for the interesting developing count of sales due to Forum involvement - add four more between me, my wife and my dad (2).

Joel

Bob Loblaw
12-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks for everything, Pete. You have helped set a high standard for whatever comes next to live up to.

BL

oldpotatoe
12-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Perhaps now is the time to heal that rift. If this place is going to change its character in a way that would make it fundamentally different from what we know and cherish, maybe we should consolidate over across the hall.

What's 'across the hall'.......................KIDDING

Thanks to Peter for his help, guidance and kind words to me as I went head to head with some mods on this forum, and the helpful phone call about finances.

It's a bicycle forum, afterall, and we'll see what happens with Mr Serotta's input and desires. His name is on the place. I don't wish to go 'across the hall', not a particularly cheery place, that.

Personally I think there has been some really constructive suggestions in the past weeks about how Serotta may or may not be evolving, too bad some have been viewed as just criticism.

fuzzalow
12-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks Pete for all your efforts to this meeting hall over the years.

oldpotatoe
12-14-2011, 08:01 AM

Dad: I know I-tey food when I hear it! It's all them "eenie" foods... zucchini... and linguine... and fettuccine. I want some American food, dammit! I want French fries!
Mom: [to the cat, who has jumped up onto the table] Oh, get off the table, Fellini!
Dad: Hey, that's *my* cat! His name's not Fellini, it's Jake! I won't have any "eenie" in this house!
[to the cat]

William :)

Way to easy...loved the Masi Grand Criterium and sewups, even if had a flat.....clinchers are for nancys

http://movieclips.com/yXM8-breaking-away-movie-chasing-a-truck

nighthawk
12-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Most of my experiences have been positive here, a testament to the great people that gather here, the great company that Serotta IS, and to the hard work and care of the Mods.

It's all of our responsibilities to keep this a positive and growing community.

More importantly, Thanks Pete!

Cheers!

EDS
12-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Mods can't keep this as a sticky?

Bad form given how much Pete has given to the company.

noel
12-14-2011, 08:20 AM
We can all move to Tarckbike :banana:

SamIAm
12-14-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't wish to go 'across the hall', not a particularly cheery place, that.

This! Let's try to keep this community in tact, here if possible, but the thought of doing it at Velocipede isn't pleasant at all.

I am lucky enough to know Pete personally, have ridden a good number of miles with him as well. Pete is one of the good ones.

Pete if you are drinking wine again, send me a PM. I would love to send you a very nice bottle paired with some of that Hampsten Olive Oil.

The thing that concerns me is that Pete knows this forum, knows what makes it work and if he is not in agreement on the direction, well that concerns me.

xjoex
12-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Keep on keeping on Pete! You've made a great place.

I'd love to talk bikes over Pizza next time I'm in Raleigh.

-Joe

William
12-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Things will be ok. A little different, but much the same (as I hear the back chatter). :cool:

William

Karin Kirk
12-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Thank you Pete, for treading the fine line while keeping the forum sailing smoothly and working behind the scenes with Serotta. Clearly, you have a huge amount of fans, which speaks volumes about your value here.

I'm very glad you will still be around! :banana:

phcollard
12-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Thank you Pete for being such a good man and for all the time you spent here. I hope you will live a long life :) Thanks also to all the mods, I know this is a consuming job but you all rock.

I did not even know the brand before I signed up to the Serotta Forums. I just came here because I saw an ad for a Moots but I learned to appreciate the good folks around here (and the bad ones as well LOL) and I ended up buying a Serotta instead of the coveted Moots. Talk about added value :beer:

jr59
12-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Mods can't keep this as a sticky?

Bad form given how much Pete has given to the company.

+ 1 and that's not nearly enough!

jr59
12-14-2011, 08:48 AM
This! Let's try to keep this community in tact, here if possible, but the thought of doing it at Velocipede isn't pleasant at all.

I am lucky enough to know Pete personally, have ridden a good number of miles with him as well. Pete is one of the good ones.

Pete if you are drinking wine again, send me a PM. I would love to send you a very nice bottle paired with some of that Hampsten Olive Oil.

The thing that concerns me is that Pete knows this forum, knows what makes it work and if he is not in agreement on the direction, well that concerns me.

Me too! :crap:

Well said Sam!

Hardlyrob
12-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Pete - thanks for everything you have done for this community. I'll be drinking some RED in your honor tonight!

Cheers!

Rob

Gummee
12-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Forums are made by the people involved.

This one's been great. Hate to see it change, but like life, change is inevitable.

M

jeffreyt
12-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Thank you to Pete, all the mods, and Serotta for making this an enjoyable place to hang out!
Jeff

henrypretz
12-14-2011, 09:20 AM
I've just been here for a relatively short time, but in that time I have learned so much and come to appreciate many of the "characters" who inhabit this space.

Pete, when you were going though your recent medical episode I felt the same as if it were a good friend going through it. I am happy for you and yours (and all of us here) that your outcome was a good one.
I wish you the best of health and everything else in your life.

Cheers to you, my friend ~
Henry

rickbb
12-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks, Pete, for your work on the forum and for the behind the scenes assistance you've furnished.
I'm another who wouldn't have his favorite bike (Legend) without having stumbled on this forum.

Mr. Squirrel
12-14-2011, 10:04 AM
dear mr pete, i am very happy that you are sticky again. sticky is good, except for your nuts. cracking them becomes very difficult. you have been very generous with me mr pete and i am truly happy that you will still be with us. you have great taste in wheels and red wine and i will leave you in peace to enjoy both, even though i know where you ride. nuk nuk nuk!

mr. squirrel

Fixed
12-14-2011, 10:15 AM
thanks pete you have been a great role model on how to act as gentleman on the forum and in your own battles
cheers

Chance
12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Heavy handed? Dude, you must not hang around too many other forums. I have, and modded myself. This place is tame compared to the heavy handed tactics I've seen numerous places elsewhere.

William
William that's an interesting assumption although difficult to follow.

On any given forum, how exactly would you know if heavy handedness has been the case for some members? Unless heavy handedness abuse is directed at you or you are part of the decision-making system there appears to be no way for anyone else to know whether some people are getting screwed on a regular basis. Not suggesting that they are, but rather that there is no way to know.

Obviously we should expect Pete supporters to wish him well, but do Pete haters even get a chance to post? That’s the only point here. Hopefully every member has indeed been treated fairly, professionally and with respect. But if that has not always been the case how would moderator abuse manifest itself in a way that other members would know? :confused:

P.S. -- Wish Pete and Serotta well as they part ways. :beer:

wooly
12-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Back to the Pete love - you are the best Pete. I've enjoyed our interaction and look forward to many more years of it, either here or the next iteration.

From Keith A's posts, it sounds like this place will remain somewhat in tact. I certainly hope so. Although the value this forum has brought Serotta is tough to measure, the value is unmistakeable. I for one have owned a Serotta and I'm sure will own another one in no small part to the friends and conversations I've made and had here.

Cheers Pete for the time spent!!!!! :beer:

William
12-14-2011, 11:18 AM
William that's an interesting assumption although difficult to follow.

On any given forum, how exactly would you know if heavy handedness has been the case for some members? Unless heavy handedness abuse is directed at you or you are part of the decision-making system there appears to be no way for anyone else to know whether some people are getting screwed on a regular basis. Not suggesting that they are, but rather that there is no way to know.

Obviously we should expect Pete supporters to wish him well, but do Pete haters even get a chance to post? That’s the only point here. Hopefully every member has indeed been treated fairly, professionally and with respect. But if that has not always been the case how would moderator abuse manifest itself in a way that other members would know? :confused:

P.S. -- Wish Pete and Serotta well as they part ways. :beer:

You make a valid point, and I can only compare to my experience on other forums. I've seen forums where if anyone disagrees with a moderators opinion the mods would continually delete peoples posts and threads, go into people's posts and change or delete what a person had posted, and even one instance where a mod deliberately put links to adult material in another persons post in an effort to make them look bad. In the years that I've been here I've never seen anything like that. This place has pretty much always had the feel of "live and let live" unless someone is really pushing the boundaries of the rules....and that seems to be rare.

So, all I can say is that from my own experience here and elsewhere is that this place appears to be run in a fair and evenhanded manner.

William

BumbleBeeDave
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Here's a little known pic of Pete in his early years, when he first took over administration of the Forum.

BBD

victoryfactory
12-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Pete;

You will have to watch your step like the rest of us mortals now....
You could get BANNED!

VF

wooly
12-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Here's a little known pic of Pete in his early years, when he first took over administration of the Forum.

BBD

Big hands means..... :banana:

Big brain!

gdw
12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the 99%. :banana: You handled a difficult job well and your efforts are appreciated. Thank you.

avalonracing
12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks Pete! We have had a couple exchanges via PM that have been both supportive and a tiny bit chastising and I have always respected your work here.

The only other online community that I have found as cool as this one is the VFRD (VFR Discussion for Honda VFR motorcycles). That forum takes voluntary donations to support itself and I have been happy to donate. I'm sure most crew here would be more than willing to do the same to start another community like this if things changed too much here.

Hmmm, any good builders in Montana want to start a forum?

54ny77
12-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Godspeed and welcome to the hoi polloi. :banana:

tuxbailey
12-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the great job and i hope this community can continue to exist.

Happy Holidays!

BumbleBeeDave
12-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the 99%. :banana: You handled a difficult job well and your efforts are appreciated. Thank you.

. . . left now, and 9090 total forum members on the members list, I think that should actually be "Welcome to the other 99.9339933993399% . . . !" :D ;)

Aw, c'mon, Pete! . . . Reconsider!

BBD

e-RICHIE
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Aw, c'mon, Pete! . . . Reconsider!

BBD

^ ^ agreed atmo.
occupy phorum.

ps

arrange disorder

;) ;) ;)
:D :D :D
:) :) :cool:

rwsaunders
12-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Godspeed and welcome to the hoi polloi. :banana:

A wise guy, huh....

Elefantino
12-14-2011, 04:52 PM

[to the cat]
OK, because you dropped a "The Godfather" reference on me, I'll stay. :D

BumbleBeeDave
12-14-2011, 05:24 PM
I thought this was from "Breaking Away?"

BBD

OK, because you dropped a "The Godfather" reference on me, I'll stay. :D

tannhauser
12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I have no idea what's going on - cliff notes anyone?

Thanks Pete.

Bruce K
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Minor thread drift

Nothing to worry about

S.N.A.F.U.

:rolleyes:

BK

Johny
12-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Pete Thank you for all you've done for Serotta and this forum!

Hope to ride with you soon!

John

gdw
12-14-2011, 06:59 PM
"I have no idea what's going on - cliff notes anyone?"

Pete's being put out to stud, his moderating days are over.

sc53
12-14-2011, 07:14 PM
*** is going on? Pete out to pasture?? Where does that leave the rest of us??
I hope we can reconvene elsewhere if necessary, but Velocipede would cringe at our presence, given that many of us are just bikers not cyclists. I don't know why this news saddens me, since it's only the internet, full of virtual people, but it does. I've actually met and ridden with some of the virtuals. They are nice people. Those Finger Lakes rambles were the absolute best! And over the 6 years I've been here I've learned so much about bikes, cycling, biking, wine, sports cars, Tour de France, performance enhancing drugs, Lance, Jens, Davis Phinney, the Kaiser, the Serotta offspring, and so much more, I will really miss the forum if it poofs into the great wide yonder. Or maybe I misread. Maybe the classifieds will survive? What about the PSA"s???

indyrider
12-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Tailwinds, Pete :beer:

Skrawny
12-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks Pete!

-s

William
12-14-2011, 08:26 PM

BBD

Bingo!! ~and~ Bingo!! :)

William

Elefantino
12-14-2011, 09:03 PM

BBD
No, actually it's from Python's "The Argument Clinic" sketch.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes it is!

This isn't an argument; it's just simple contradiction!

No it isn't.

Steevo
12-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks Pete. I learned an awful lot of bike related stuff here. This place led directly to my purchase of a new Serotta.

Chance
12-15-2011, 08:28 AM
You make a valid point, and I can only compare to my experience on other forums. I've seen forums where if anyone disagrees with a moderators opinion the mods would continually delete peoples posts and threads, go into people's posts and change or delete what a person had posted, and even one instance where a mod deliberately put links to adult material in another persons post in an effort to make them look bad. In the years that I've been here I've never seen anything like that. This place has pretty much always had the feel of "live and let live" unless someone is really pushing the boundaries of the rules....and that seems to be rare.

So, all I can say is that from my own experience here and elsewhere is that this place appears to be run in a fair and evenhanded manner.

William
That goes way beyond a heavy hand and crosses a line into malicious territory. It’s inexcusable. And probably illegal when it causes harm.

It’s bad enough when moderators cross a line against people whose true identity is anonymous, but when they abuse their power against people whose identity is known to others it crosses from this virtual space into the real world. And real-world consequences are generally taken a lot more seriously. It doesn’t have to be an extreme like modifying their post to include porn links. Merely demeaning them in public may be enough to create an enemy for life.

It’s hard to see why anyone would want to be a moderator. On the other hand being a difficult task doesn’t absolve them of basic responsibilities like fairness.

BumbleBeeDave
12-15-2011, 09:23 AM
"It’s hard to see why anyone would want to be a moderator."

I get to wear that plastic crown Pete sent me! . . . while I'm sitting in front of my monitor in my underwear, scratching myself and eating Cheez Whiz straight from the can! ;)

And yes, you're WELCOME for that exciting visual! :p

BBD

Bruce K
12-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Gee Dave

I might just have to go in and edit that post to keep people's brains from melting down over that image

:crap: :crap: :eek: :help:

BK

fourflys
12-15-2011, 10:09 AM
"It’s hard to see why anyone would want to be a moderator."

I get to wear that plastic crown Pete sent me! . . . while I'm sitting in front of my monitor in my underwear, scratching myself and eating Cheez Whiz straight from the can! ;)

And yes, you're WELCOME for that exciting visual! :p

BBD

now THAT's a Christmas Card photo if I ever heard of one... :D

Keith A
12-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Dave -- Are you related to this guy?

http://mbolty.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/fat_hairy_guy_on_bed_with_guns.jpg

e-RICHIE
12-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Dave -- Are you related to this guy?

http://mbolty.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/fat_hairy_guy_on_bed_with_guns.jpg

^ ^ zen from keith atmo...

ps

arrange disorder

:) :) :)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

BumbleBeeDave
12-15-2011, 10:23 AM
. . . I only wear Sponge Bob Squarepants kiddie underwear! Another gift from Pete . . . :eek:

BBD

MartyE
12-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Pete,

thanks for everything.
I don't post much here but I do quietly visit every now and again.
I've been involved with Serotta forums since before the Kahuna version,
(anyone ever hear from Big Mac, or Seanee ?) and all I can say is this
place has grown with every iteration.
" Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Marty

William
12-15-2011, 03:19 PM
You guys hacked my Bookmarks!!! :crap:

I miss BigMac!! :cool:

William

SEABREEZE
12-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Not a surprise to me after reading that Serotta was looking to down size there facility, due to the present economic climate, that more in likely, the forum would be affected also.

What is a surprise is that the master of ceramony would be stepping down..

I cant think of anything else to say that hasn't been said about Serotta Pete.
He and his team have and continue to do a outstanding job.

For the one who mentioned the heavy handed way things are here, I would like to point you to one of the PHOTO FORUMS i frequent, so you could get a taste of heavy handed both by moderators and members, and nothing is done about it.

This forum and the way it has been run, is always fair and helpful, as well as the respectful members. For me personally, its one of the best on the net...

AngryScientist
12-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks to the other Mods as well; it's often a thankless job but your work is appreciated.

i've heard from a very reliable source that each of the mods gets a free Serotta each year. they are encouraged to pick the top of the line models, outfitted with super record and zipp wheels, to show off the product line at forum gatherings. that's hardly thankless :D

William
12-15-2011, 08:40 PM
i've heard from a very reliable source that each of the mods gets a free Serotta each year. they are encouraged to pick the top of the line models, outfitted with super record and zipp wheels, to show off the product line at forum gatherings. that's hardly thankless :D

~And~ free HandleBra!! :crap:

William :D

BumbleBeeDave
12-15-2011, 08:44 PM

. . . from an even MORE reliable source that THIS is AS's "reliable source!"

Yeeeeaaah, thaaaat's it! THAT's the ticket!

BBD

Ahneida Ride
12-16-2011, 12:25 AM

Reliable Source ? That's source is BS ing you.
This is just 100% crapola.
Who is the "reliable source" ?
Let's just nip this rumor in the bud right now.

Uh .... that's simply not the case. The Mods are are NOT formally compensated in any fashion. If the other Mods are ... I sure don't know about it.

Forum gatherings ???? The last one was the 2004 open house I do
believe. I rode my Serotta which I paid for and I paid for all the
components.

I did get a modest discount on a fork about 2 years ago. I'd admit that.
I also supplied Serotta with demo HB.

BBD got a free CAT helmet from Stan after BBD crashed and almost
killed himself. ( and BBD posted that info too!, nothing is hidden)

That's all the compensation I am aware of.
If other Mods are/were getting free chit, believe me I'd know.
and I'd like to get in on it. So PLEASE let me know which other
Mod(s) are getting free chit so I can get in on it too.

We (the mods) have been serving here outa our respect and
admiration for Serotta. and of course to help keep this joint viable.

It' ain't about the frns.

and quite frankly .... no one could compensate Pete for all the effort
he has put in here. No way .... No how ....

Oz been around here since the pre-Kahuna days. If mods were getting
stuff under the table, I'd think I'd know about it.

--------------------

I also might add, that I do not either get free chit from any other of the
builders I plug from time to time around here like Bedford, Ellis, Kirk
Zank, etc ............ and neither do any of the other mods.

----------------------

I've been around here forever and have a reputation to protect.
Call me out if I am lying !!!!!!!!!!

Wilkinson4
12-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Thanks Pete for all you have done and good health and riding in the years to come.

mIKE

Ahneida Ride
12-16-2011, 12:37 AM
ok ok ..... I get it .... it was a joke post ... :beer:

Sorry for going off ...

Now I'll take a Ottrott with Super Record and a Carmina crank
and some Lightweight wheels. :banana:

Wimpy
12-16-2011, 05:19 AM
Reliable Source ? That's source is BS ing you.
This is just 100% crapola.
Who is the "reliable source" ?
Let's just nip this rumor in the bud right now.

I've been around here forever and have a reputation to protect.
Call me out if I am lying !!!!!!!!!!

Did you really think he was serious? Really?

I never gave much thought to your Frns rant and now I know not too.

akelman
12-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Back to the topic at hand: thanks for all of your hard work through the years, Pete. I certainly appreciated it, especially the many times that you stepped in and solved a Serotta-related problem for someone on the forum. May you spend years and years reaping all of the good will you've sown for the company that you so clearly love.

CaliFly
12-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Personal thanks here, Pete. You're a good guy.

...and you moderated a good board.

atmo
frns
handlebra
glad that's not my size
better with classic bend bars
the wife would kill me
you stem's too short
steel is real
more setback
hmm, just my size
somebody please buy this

memes before memes were cool.

Ahneida Ride
12-16-2011, 11:06 AM
I woke up at 1:00 and posted half asleep ...
never do that again . . my humble apologies ..

I never claimed not to be dufus. :bike:

----------

The American Public is asleep about the frn, but is awakening.
Mostly thanks to the Internet.

The frn has been around 100 years and has lost 95% of it's
purchasing power. If your portfolio manager lost 95% of your
family's wealth, I'd suspect you would employ a new manager.

Just Google "modern money mechanics" ... it's all there and it's
a fed publication ..... not my imbecilic imagination. :crap:

slowandsteady
12-16-2011, 11:28 AM
This is an amazing place. I've learned so much, about bikes and otherwise. Found some great deals too, and helped out some fellow riders with stuff they needed.

I'll be sad if it changes a lot. I think it's run really well right now. It is a valuable service imho, and I'd pay a membership fee if there was one.

Big props to you Pete, and the other mods. You should be proud of this forum.

C

AGREED 100%

rounder
12-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Great job Pete!! I started hanging out here because i had landed a CIII off of ebay and was trying to figure out what to do with the thing (i had been riding an nhx that was bought new). Never imagined that i would end up spending so much time here learning from and sharing with everyone. Hope to meet you some day.

Ken

rounder
12-17-2011, 07:09 PM
I was driving along yesterday and was next to a beautiful silver 356 Porsche cabriolet (it looked perfect). Not sure what model it was, but it had dual exhaust. His license plate frame said...My Other Car Is a Porsche. Who cares whether he bought it new or off ebay...it was a beautiful silver Porsche 356 cabriolet. Serotta should consider that.

soulspinner
12-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Live long and prosper sir.............and thanks for all you have given to this forum. Some red for ya :beer:

Stewball
12-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks Pete,

& everyone for being here.

Have fun,
A.J.

erolorhun
12-18-2011, 09:15 AM
The best cycling forum on the Internet hands down

Ray
12-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Hey Pete,

Too many pages here to read the whole thread, but I read your opening post and the first couple of pages and I just want to wish you huge support and good health as you and Serotta move forward.

And a huge THANK YOU for all you've done here over the years. I've been here more or less since about 2000 or 2001 I think, a lot less in the past couple of years, as mirrors my reduced time on the bike. But through it all you've been a hugely positive presences and as good a mod as anyone could hope for. And I've even been lucky enough to have met you and ridden with you a couple of times...

Thanks Pete,

-Ray

Steve in SLO
12-18-2011, 09:56 AM
I snapped a shot of some local vineyards and started it as a new thread...shoulda just stuck it here. Nonetheless, this one's for you, Pete:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=101246

Pete Serotta
12-18-2011, 10:32 AM
hope to ride with you in PA in 2012. PETE

Hey Pete,

Too many pages here to read the whole thread, but I read your opening post and the first couple of pages and I just want to wish you huge support and good health as you and Serotta move forward.

And a huge THANK YOU for all you've done here over the years. I've been here more or less since about 2000 or 2001 I think, a lot less in the past couple of years, as mirrors my reduced time on the bike. But through it all you've been a hugely positive presences and as good a mod as anyone could hope for. And I've even been lucky enough to have met you and ridden with you a couple of times...

Thanks Pete,

-Ray

19wisconsin64
12-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Pete,
Thank you for all that you have done to help me and thousands of other cyclists! Much, much appreciated! I hope that you and your family and friends have a great holiday season! Cheers, Dave

dogdriver
12-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Late to this thread, and generally ignorant.

What's going to change?

BumbleBeeDave
12-21-2011, 08:15 PM
. . . resign his post as Administrator and go back to being plain old Pete. For the moment this leaves us without an Administrator to herd the usual gaggle of cats.

BBD

rounder
12-21-2011, 09:25 PM
What is the plan. How can you herd a gaggle of cats without an administrator. Maybe Serotta should pay Pete to stay on.

Keith A
12-21-2011, 09:28 PM
What is the plan. How can you herd a gaggle of cats without an administrator. Maybe Serotta should pay Pete to stay on.Don't worry, it is all going to work out.

Louis
12-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Don't worry, it is all going to work out.

Keith is going to be our very own Kim Jong Un, aka "Dear Successor."

jr59
12-22-2011, 07:53 AM

Or would that be gaggle of cat herder?

sc53
12-22-2011, 12:52 PM
I heard that everyone on the board has agreed to act nice and not require herding. :beer:

dave thompson
12-22-2011, 12:59 PM
I heard that everyone on the board has agreed to act nice and not require herding. :beer:
I'm gonna go all rogue on y'all. As soon as I get back from Cabo.

William
12-22-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm gonna go all rogue on y'all. As soon as I get back from Cabo.

BITE US!! :beer:

William

dave thompson
12-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Don't worry, it is all going to work out.
Here's the official statement from Keith A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE

Keith A
12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Here's the official statement from Keith A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE :D

BumbleBeeDave
12-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Here's the official statement from Keith A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE

. . . Rugby and TiDesigns he's carrying across the river? . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

Pete Serotta
12-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Happy Hanukkah and a Merry Christmas.

Off to see grandboys and their parents with my wife and other daughter to St Louis. Life is good and I wish everyone a joyous 2012.

Bike trips planned for March in Arizona, April in Ca, May in tx. And hopefully june in Co.

Hopefully plane will take off soon for St Louis
Pete

rugbysecondrow
12-22-2011, 05:42 PM
. . . Rugby and TiDesigns he's carrying across the river? . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

I like a little coddling every now and then. :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
12-22-2011, 05:58 PM

. . . NOW! :D

All of the forum is celebrating! . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwoSFQb5HVk

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
12-22-2011, 06:07 PM
He has some powerful friends! :rolleyes:

BBD

dave thompson
12-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry, I thought this was Pete:

Louis
12-22-2011, 06:22 PM

Livin' the easy life... :beer: :beer: :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
12-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Help! I'm BLIND! :crap: :eek: :p

rugbysecondrow
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Help! I'm BLIND! :crap: :eek: :p

If you kit hasn't blinded you by now, I think you are safe.

Louis
12-22-2011, 07:38 PM
If you kit hasn't blinded you by now, I think you are safe.

A skunk doesn't mind its own smell.

Keith A
12-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Somebody's been pilfering my Facebook pictures...I knew I shouldn't have accepted the bee man's friend request :crap:

wc1934
12-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Pete,
Pages and pages of forum members expressing their well wishes and gratitude to you - not much that I can add that hasn't been said - thank you.

marle
12-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Peter, It was wonderful to bump into you at Cyclesport. Thanks for all your efforts here. Marc

Volant
12-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Pete, Thanks for everything and helping personally with some Serotta inquiries over the years. Glad you're sticking around.

duke
12-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Thanks Pete. Best of luck going forward.
duke

Pete Serotta
12-23-2011, 12:50 PM

And good looks to be me. Must be Dave's brother twin :)

rphetteplace
12-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Pete good luck with whatever your final choice is. Thanks for all your hard work, you've always seemed a real salt of the earth kind of guy.

Ryan

Chad Engle
12-27-2011, 11:35 AM
stepping down from moderating but still retaining the ability to close threads?

what?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=101436

You have too much spare time.

Bruce K
12-27-2011, 11:47 AM
+1 on that

Let US worry about Pete. We're keeping him hanging on until at least the end of the year. It's taking LOTS of red bribery but so far, so good.

BK

Pete Serotta
12-27-2011, 01:32 PM
And friendship from folks is something I will always want, as well as riding and drinking with them.

Pete mckeon was a active member and a moderator long before Serotta Pete. I love the forum and like the folks too much to not be part of the family of friends.

+1 on that

Let US worry about Pete. We're keeping him hanging on until at least the end of the year. It's taking LOTS of red bribery but so far, so good.

BK

jerome
12-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Should we understand that the forum should make money ?

Are we not valuable enough ?

Serotta only and new ones only that will limit the discussions.

If you have plan to move elsewhere please let me know ? (Moots has a forum too open !)

best

c-record
12-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks Pete.

Bruce K
12-27-2011, 06:16 PM
I can't figure out why people seem to think there is some huge change looming just because Pete decided to give up being the forum administrator job.

As he said, he's still here, still a moderator, and still a fan of Serotta - Ben, the bikes, and the company.

And we all still live him (in a non-creepy way :rolleyes: )

BK

OtayBW
12-28-2011, 01:24 PM
I haven't been hanging around here much for some time now, in part - to be candid - because of some of the OT political hyperbole that was kind of rampant a while back. Still, I have appreciated this place and have benefited from it a lot (hopefully made some small contribution here and there as well...).

Hope things work out and thanks Pete.

BumbleBeeDave
12-28-2011, 01:37 PM
I haven't been hanging around here much for some time now, in part - to be candid - because of some of the OT political hyperbole that was kind of rampant a while back. Still, I have appreciated this place and have benefited from it a lot (hopefully made some small contribution here and there as well...).

. . . for some time now. I hope you will hang around more now. Others were having the same reacton you did. Just not fun stuff.

BBD

OtayBW
12-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks BBD.

Mr. Squirrel
12-28-2011, 06:16 PM

i thought it was because i was driving you nuts living in your attic. i can move back in if you like.

mr. squirrel

dekindy
12-28-2011, 06:29 PM

+1. This and recent replies to anything I write on the forums is only met with sarcasm or worse. Have noticed a gradual decline in the forum since the split; not saying that was right or wrong just is. Recently registered on VS (no Bicycling Magazine did not give me this idea) and check back here occasionally but don't see myself hanging out here much anymore unless things change. Everything over there is mostly over my head and do not care much for some of their language but overall experience is better.

OtayBW
12-28-2011, 07:58 PM
...[I] check back here occasionally but don't see myself hanging out here much anymore unless things change....Yes, and then there's that squirrel problem around here.

i thought it was because i was driving you nuts living in your attic. i can move back in if you like.

mr. squirrelHa! Very sorry to inform you, but I actually eradicated (you? and) your kinfolk from my premises some time ago. You may be interested to know that I captured 23 in all and released them in the next county, although had the lake not been frozen, I might have considered swimming lessons for one or two of you....

So don't even bother trying to come back because I have your number. I can now catch you at will. It's all about understanding squirrel behavior and deciphering the tiny peanut-size mind of the squirrel , you know...

Besides, I moved.... :bike:

1centaur
12-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I can't figure out why people seem to think there is some huge change looming just because Pete decided to give up being the forum administrator job.

This is why:

"Thus to start 2012 without Serotta_Pete is best, Especially since the changes in the Serotta plans for forum are different than they are now, The parts that will change are very dear to me and I believe in.

I am sorry for the forum and its perceived lack of value to SEROTTA as it is today, "

Whether the implied changes are huge will be determined after the fact, I guess.

rugbysecondrow
12-28-2011, 09:25 PM
This is why:

"Thus to start 2012 without Serotta_Pete is best, Especially since the changes in the Serotta plans for forum are different than they are now, The parts that will change are very dear to me and I believe in.

I am sorry for the forum and its perceived lack of value to SEROTTA as it is today, "

Whether the implied changes are huge will be determined after the fact, I guess.

It is not fair to fart and then ask why people are holding their nose, and then to say folks shouldn't.

That is my way of agreeing with you. ;)

William
12-29-2011, 06:37 AM

My source talked of a "change", not a "huge change". Nothing along the lines of being tossed into the oblivion. Really, one having more to do with........... :D

We'll see....

William

PS: I would agree that the OP 1centaur quoted is what poked the Hornets nest ....not that I think that was Pete's intention, I think he just sounded frustrated.

BumbleBeeDave
12-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Pete decided he did not want to be THE administrator any longer, in complete charge of the forum. Given that he has done the job as a volunteer without pay for at least the past 5 years, I think we can all agree that he has certainly done more than his share and deserves a rest!

But he is still a moderator and will retain those privileges and if we are really lucky he will continue to hang around and contribute to this great place!

As for changes, the forum is not going to disappear! There may be changes in the coming months, but it's not going to go "POOF" and vaporize.

The only certain change I know about is that henceforth all moderators must be addressed as "Your Highness" . . . :rolleyes: ;) :p

Let's move on . . . nothing more to see here.

BBD