PDA

View Full Version : Newish CSI build for da' wife

Too Tall
02-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Some thoughts appreciated. I should have a newish CSI for my wife tue. (thanks Mavic1010) and am building this for her racing season. I have Zipp303's, salsa SS bars and a gorgeous Nitto stem for it. Looking for a compact crank, brakes, BB and seatpost. I've got the rest covered from my not too abused pile-o-parts.

She wants black tape. Yik. Look at the gallery of the frame. I think this is a case for Orange!

I like Jerks Ritchey post suggestion...nice. Thinking about the Ritchey or TA 110 crank with a Phil Mag/Ti. That's about as far as I've gone.

So! Fire away.

PS - she cried like a baby when I showed her pics. Life is good.

Smiley
02-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Buy the new Ritchey 110 cranks as I will purchase same for the 1st mate. Now I think she's mellowed on the black bar tape idea so buy the blue that matches the decal and be her hero as if your not already. Good luck and stop setting the bar so high for us would you please.

ackwards
02-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Oh c'mon. Get the extra brownie points and give your wife the black handlebar tape. Her bike, after all. And think how easy it'll be to change it out to orange if you eventually prevail. But in the meantime, why insist on your way if it's her bike? Excellent gift, by the way.

Kevin
02-15-2004, 06:02 AM
Too Tall,

A Valentine's Day posting about buying your wife a great gift and then giving her a hard time over handlebar tape! Very bad form. I think there may be something to your moniker of "Lobotomized 4 Your Safety". However, its your safety I am concerned about. Let her have the balck tape. If you play your cards right she may model the orange tape for you as a belated Valetine's Day gift, if you know what mean.

Kevin

Too Tall
02-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Rest easy, I'll live another day. We have a saying in our house "if momma ain't happy...noooobody's happy". Trust me I give her everything she wants. How could I not. This woman who cycled across the USA with me and two PBPs? What? do I look crazy? Black tape it is. (rolling my eyes).

Hey, if anybody has an early lead on the new Ritchey 110 cranks (175) pls. drop me a line. I need to build this bike in the next couple weeks so she can get comfortable with tubies on her own.

Thanks for the encouragement.