PDA

View Full Version : Attention To The Friends Of

learningtoride
12-11-2011, 04:08 PM

rwsaunders
12-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Best wishes to your sister...she's fortunate to have family members who care.

Kontact
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Please consider editing your post to delete the details of her personal life.

Fixed
12-11-2011, 04:50 PM
sorry to hear
the holidays
can be especially difficult .
fixed says hi

rnhood
12-11-2011, 04:53 PM
We all have our trials and tribulations, she's not alone. As was mentioned above, she is fortunate to have close and caring family members. Tell her we hope to see her back here soon, reading or posting. She is part of this family too.

mike p
12-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Hope all turns out well. Good thoughts your way.

Mike

BumbleBeeDave
12-11-2011, 06:43 PM
. . . that people DO care and we are pulling for her--and you and the rest of her family--during what must be a very difficult time right now. I hope you will be able to post some good news bout the situation very soon!

She is in my thoughts and prayers!

BBD

rice rocket
12-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Yikes.

Related to this? http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=100225

Get well!

BumbleBeeDave
12-11-2011, 06:59 PM
. . .from speculation and just send positive energy where it's really needed right now!

BBD

Peter B
12-11-2011, 07:08 PM
. . .from speculation and just send positive energy where it's really needed right now!

BBD

Better days ahead Nicki! There's light on the other side!!

Peter

Vientomas
12-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Sad news. My thoughts are with Nicki and her family. I hope that Nicki is literally and figuratively able to get back on her bike soon.

jimcav
12-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Makes me realize my issues are insignificant. My thoughts and prayers are with you Cara, Nicki, and your family! May the holiday season bring a resolution to this and make your family closer and stronger for 2012.

AngryScientist
12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Serotta forums is a special, inclusive community, and i wish ltr the best ,whatecer she is going through, keep positive. !

onekgguy
12-11-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. We can never know the shoes that others are walking in. Best wishes for better, hope-filled days. Life is so precious.

Kevin g

Dekonick
12-11-2011, 08:59 PM
If true, I wish her a rapid recovery. Hopefully she will not be eating any wine pie...

rphetteplace
12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Best of luck to you. Remember no matter what the pain is it will ease just a bit every day.

67-59
12-11-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't know Nicki personally, but please express my best wishes to her, and assure her that we DO care.

Here's hoping she is able to return someday....

dbrown
12-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Cara and Nicki, My prayers and best wishes to you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

fungusamungus33
12-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Much love and happy thoughts to Nicki and her family! I wish you a speedy recovery and brighter days down the road!

Good people, big hearts and cycling passion too! Good job Serotta Forum!

CCB

William
12-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Wishing a speedy and full recovery. Life is full of ups and downs, like a tough climb, just put your head down and keep motoring.

William

laupsi
12-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Best Wishes and Postive Vibes are sent to you, your sis and your family!

benitosan1972
12-12-2011, 11:49 AM
I went thru something similar in my 20's (and occasionally still feel the blues or more). I discovered cycling as a cure/therapy/alternative to doctors/meds/isolation. Got out there, enjoyed nature, worked my body, cleared my mind. It doesn't make the issue disappear, but it sure gives you a nice break & perspective & escape. I owe alot to cycling, met some great people along the way, visited some nice places, and it has kept me balanced all these years.

Good luck to OP, and anyone else here who has experienced the pain of emotional/mental/even physical issues... cycling is great rehab!

GRAVELBIKE
12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Some good info and resources:

http://www.twloha.com/facts/
http://www.twloha.com/find-help/

1happygirl
12-12-2011, 12:42 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with her and your family.

There is hope, and if appropriate tell your Sister I enjoyed her posts here.

R2D2
12-12-2011, 12:44 PM
I hope all works out well.

DreaminJohn
12-12-2011, 01:32 PM
More positive thoughts coming your way....

Please keep us updated if you can. Thx.

pedlpwrd
12-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Wow. I've spoken to learningtoride a few times here on the forum. I didn't know her name was Nicki, but she seemed to be a very charasmatic woman. This is sad. I looked back at that post she'd made regarding cycling away her reality, feel like maybe something could've been said to help her, but I guess I didn't know her enough to know this could happen. I hope for her family the strength to see her well again.

sc53
12-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Yo, not sure Nicki is Learningtoride, that was just another poster's query. So don't jump to conclusions!

pedlpwrd
12-12-2011, 02:03 PM
yo, checked the profile. :)

learningtoride
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM

jr59
12-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

God Bless!

Keith A
12-12-2011, 04:15 PM
I just wanted to add my voice to the others that I hope (and pray) for your sister and your family...and that Nicki can get past this dark time in her life and find joy and happiness again.

CaptStash
12-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I just wanted to add my voice to the others that I hope (and pray) for your sister and your family...and that Nicki can get past this dark time in her life and find joy and happiness again.

+1

Saul aka CaptStash....

sc53
12-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Nikki and Cara: it will get better. I, like most, have been through dark days myself and there is light at the end of the tunnel. As someone said earlier, just keep your head down and take it one step at a time. God bless and good luck to you Nikki and family. Spring is coming!

Dekonick
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
This is a good community - she will be welcomed back whenever the time is right.

Bob Loblaw
12-13-2011, 08:39 AM
I hope she is able to recover and enjoy the things and people she loves.

BL

pedlpwrd
12-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Thank You to everyone. This has been a task and since I do not know who is actually friends with Nicki I saw no other choice than to just put it out there to notify those of you who are friends with my sister about what's going on. LET ME CLARIFY FOR THOSE WHO CARE that YES NICKI IS LEARNINGTORIDE and YES apparently the forum posting (that has been brought to my attention) 'regarding cycling away reality', was a factor to her actions but NOT the ONLY factor. My sister is dying from a broken heart. She is being released from her observation period today but will not be online herself. I have been in contact with your forum moderator Dave, should you need further information he is completely up to date. Again, many Thanks and all of your well wishes will be forwarded to her as time goes. We will be happy to keep those of you who want to know posted. May your family and your season be happy ones. You guys truely do have an amazing community here and I'm thrilled to see that my sister is a part of it.
Cara aka "Dragon"
Anyone know what this "observation" is? Any more info on this forumite BBD?
Just wondering because this has been weighing heavily on my mind, being so near to the Holidays and all that.

BumbleBeeDave
12-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Anyone know what this "observation" is? Any more info on this forumite BBD?
Just wondering because this has been weighing heavily on my mind, being so near to the Holidays and all that.

. . . than Cara has out of consideration for the privacy of all involved.

Suffice it to say that Nicki and her family are going through a diffcult time and I have asked her sister Cara to forward the contents of this thread to Nicki. The best thing we can all do to help right now is to continue to express our support and make sure this thread stays near the top of the forum so that she will know that we care and that we will be continuing to think about her and send positive enegy her way.

BBD

gdw
12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
I hope Nicki recovers quickly and rejoins us. Best wishes.

old_fat_and_slow
12-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Cara,

Please let Nicki know that our thoughts and prayers are with her now. I have personally enjoyed many of Nicki's posts in the past, and the forum is a poorer place without her participation. Please help her to get the professional help she needs to make it through the dark times. Please let us know when she is feeling better. I am sure many of us would enjoy the pleasure of her company on a ride, when she is feeling better.

Heal soon, and heal well Nicki !

Hardlyrob
12-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Best of luck Cara and Nicki - sending positive thoughts and energy your way to help you get through this tough time.

Rob

Germany_chris
12-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Good luck ladies!!

you have all the good Karma I can send

Remember fight the good fight, it's worth it!!

Ray
12-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Life can be tough, VERY tough sometimes. But its beautiful and if you can give yourself the time to heal, you'll come out the other side and once again be able to treasure your time here. Be strong, be weak when you have to. But don't give up. I'd love to see you back here, but regardless, I hope you find the happiness and perspective to come through this difficult time better and stronger.

-Ray

wooly
12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
All the best Nicki. And to Cara -what a great sister you are.

SamIAm
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
I would consider it an honor to ride with Nicki, someday soon I hope.

Nelson99
12-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Nicki, thanks for being part of the community.

And Cara, thanks for helping.

I wish strength and healing for both of you.

:hello:

-CEN

Skrawny
12-14-2011, 08:30 PM

+1 on another note of support for Nicki.
When you're back, let's ride.
-s

rphetteplace
12-15-2011, 06:24 PM

+1. Great sentiment.

BumbleBeeDave
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
I got an e-mail from Cara this evening, and I'm going to share what I can without violating any privacy.

Nicki has not been on the computer lately but is at home and taking it easy right now, doing well during what is still a difficult time. Cara says . . .

I signed onto her account and saw the ongoing love from her friends on your forum. . . . Let your forum know that . . . if all goes well this weekend I will share with her all of their messages. You all have been a great source of strength for me in this. It's been trying but her emotional well-being is really the focal point. Again my deepest thanks to your entire community for caring so much and sharing it. I'll keep you posted next week."

While she told me more, that's all I feel I should share on a public forum.

Cara also reports that Nicki really loves hockey, snowboarding--and her bike. So good wishes involving those things would be particularly useful.

Your kind thoughts and the positive energy you are sending DO make a difference!

BBD

old_fat_and_slow
12-15-2011, 08:09 PM
thanks for the update Dave.

William
12-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Yes, Thank you for the update!

William

thegunner
12-15-2011, 08:43 PM
more positive thoughts :beer:

++ positive thoughts to your fav hockey team as well... unless they're the red wings. in which case we're mortal enemies :D

BumbleBeeDave
12-15-2011, 08:45 PM
more positive thoughts :beer:

++ positive thoughts to your fav hockey team as well... unless they're the red wings. in which case we're mortal enemies :D

. . . the Red Wings. :)

BBD

Mr Cabletwitch
12-15-2011, 09:09 PM
After going through what Nicki is going through a few years ago I have to say that if it wasn't for my bike I don't know that I would have made it through to the other side, and as hard as life still is its one of the great joys that keeps me going. I went on my first post hospital ride a few days after being released and haven't been off the bike since. Let your sister know that getting out and being "normal" is OK. The hardest thing after the fact is getting back out there and living and not feeling like you don't deserve to be happy again. Cara, if you need to try and understand what your sister is going through I'd be happy to help. The meds keep me from being miserable, but without learning to cope you can't be happy again.

jr59
12-16-2011, 01:58 PM
I'll bump this just because...

cuda2k
12-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Thanks for sharing what you could Dave.

Fixed
12-16-2011, 02:57 PM
i wish we had serotta forum t shirts or something we could go in on
as a get well gift from the forum members
cheers :beer: