PDA

View Full Version : My (new to me) used Ottrott build...

SoCalSteve
08-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi all,

I'm in the process of collecting components for my new aquisition (Ottrott ST w/F2 fork, found used on RBR). I got a killer deal on it and decided to make the plunge....Now, for the build...

Headset: Chris King

Grouppo: D/A 7803 Triple group (got an unbelieveable deal on this on ebay) minus the 7800 brakes, those I got from Dirtdigger. With Flightdeck integrated computer.

Wheelset: Mike Garcia built DT 240 hubs, 14/15 DT spokes to DT Rim or Open Pro's laced to Chris King hubs 14/15 Wheelsmith spokes, all black

Seatpost: FSA K Force Lite

Saddle: Brook B17 Champion Special, Ti rails, black

Stem: FSA OS 115

Bars: FSA K Wing

Pedals: Speedplay X-2

I think thats everything...

Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions, comments???

As always, thanks in advance,

Steve

PS: The frame is natural Ti, polished with matte Serotta decal etched on seat tube and chain stays. The carbon is natural as well. Simply elegant.

dirtdigger88
08-03-2005, 10:53 AM
congrats- where are the pix?

Jason

SoCalSteve
08-03-2005, 11:09 AM
and put it in the gallery.

I should do that with my CSI and Hors Cat as well (pictures in the gallery). I'm just a busy guy, I guess.

Steve

davids
08-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Let Mike Garcia build you a set of DT Swiss wheels (hubs, rims, spokes...) I like mine more every time I ride 'em! Get a colorful set of Velomax Blacks for a touch 'o' bling.

Jeff N.
08-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Chris King hubs, while great, are rather noisy when coasting. If you don't have a problem with that, I say go with CK/OP's, 14/15/14's, all black...but make the nipples silver. Looks trick. Jeff N.

huey
08-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I agree with Jeff N. Chris king hubs are fantastic for a mountain bike, but that ZZZZZZZZ sound is annoying on the road.

huey

dirtdigger88
08-03-2005, 01:19 PM
KINGS ROCK- I use them just to p*ss off the other roadies :cool:

Jason

SoCalSteve
08-03-2005, 01:36 PM
unless they are on a bike in front of me.

My wife broke a spoke on her wheelset and I gave her my OP with CK's. Now I know how loud they really are.

I spent 1000's of miles riding them and not really knowing because the sound is behind me.

They are loud, but I dont mind. I think for the quality of them, the way they engage so quickly and how gorgeous they are, I can put up with a little noise.

Steve

Jeremy
08-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Check out the F119 stem and carbon bar from syntace. They are lighter cheaper and probably stronger than the FSA bar stem set up. I believe that the website is www.syntaceusa.com

Jeremy

Jeff N.
08-03-2005, 01:48 PM
unless they are on a bike in front of me.

My wife broke a spoke on her wheelset and I gave her my OP with CK's. Now I know how loud they really are.

I spent 1000's of miles riding them and not really knowing because the sound is behind me.

They are loud, but I dont mind. I think for the quality of them, the way they engage so quickly and how gorgeous they are, I can put up with a little noise.

SteveRight. I've got to agree. Jeff N.