PDA

View Full Version : Champion System Bib Shorts

Dave Wages
12-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Anyone have experience with their new shorts, particularly the Edge or Elite Razor models? I had them make Ellis kits a couple years ago, and while I think the jerseys were fine, the shorts left something to be desired, IMO.

I'm not really looking for this thread to become a discussion of who makes the best kits, just looking for specific experience with Champion's new shorts.

Thanks,
Dave

rice rocket
12-07-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't have their new stuff, but I have shorts from a brewery ride a few years back. The shorts aren't super stretchy, so the sizing and fit have to be spot on. Probably the same experience as you. Sorry, I'm of no help. :/

RedRider
12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
I have been riding the Razor bib shorts for over a year with the standard pad. The team selected them because of Champion's reputation for service and delivery time but they have become my go-to shorts for all riding. They fit well and have good construction. I prefer them over the Hincapie and Vermarc from previous years. Recommended.

jischr
12-07-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure what model I have as they were a group ride kit this past summer; but they have a fairly thick pad with a dimpled surface. I only have 500-600 miles on them but I like them a lot. The samples did seem to run on the small size so I went up one and they fit me nicely. I'd pay my own money for them if I had too.

noonan1970
12-07-2011, 07:21 PM
team had the bibs this past summer and they Run Small. Is it me or is the pad just not in the right place. It seems like the big pad is behind the sit bones and not on them? A thinner part of the pad is at the sit bones??? I've actually experienced this with a few companies shorts.