PDA

View Full Version : New Discovery

dbrk
08-03-2005, 06:50 AM
It is with real congratulations to the Barry family that I am happy to tell my cycling friends that Liam Barry was born at 7:56 pm on August 2nd in Girona, Spain to Michael and Dede Demet Barry. Liam was 8.1lbs, 23 inches long, is active and alert, and, Lord Knows, with genes like those we may look forward to new discoveries in cycling's future. Mother Dede is just fine, Papa Michael is ecstatic, and Granddad Mike and Grandma Clare are with their family too in Spain for the next few weeks.

Folks here know, of course, that Dede is the American Silver Medalist in the time trial at the last Athens Olymipics. Michael will be racing for Discovery at least one more year. We will see him at again likely at the Worlds, if not before. Dede was riding bikes for two hours as recently as Sunday past and went hiking on Monday before Liam arrived Tuesday night.

I'm not sure this news has reached the cycling sites but I thought it appropriate to share here such good news.

dbrk

dirtdigger88
08-03-2005, 07:12 AM
8.1lbs- sounds like a big healthy baby- and you know you gotta love babies

Jason

LegendRider
08-03-2005, 07:14 AM
Congratulations to the Berry family. That kid has cycling in the genes!

xlbs
08-03-2005, 09:10 AM
I have had the privilege of working with Mike Sr. over many years on a few interesting projects, and am delighted to hear of the blessing of a grandchild for him and Clare. These are fine folks all 'round; this child is born into a grand family.