PDA

View Full Version : OT: I just HATE it when this happens . . .

BumbleBeeDave
12-05-2011, 08:51 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/fleet-ferraris-ruined-japan-sportscar-pileup-064013838.html

Damn inconvenient. :eek:

BBD

fiamme red
12-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Wait, aren't you the moderator around here? And yet you don't read every thread? ;) :p :)

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=100630

BumbleBeeDave
12-05-2011, 09:29 PM
. . . I DO have a day job!

BBD

mapleleafs-13
12-07-2011, 04:11 PM
i think speed may have been a factor...

verticaldoug
12-07-2011, 05:59 PM
The great thing about all the Japanese infrastructure spending over the years is awesome highways. That stretch of the expressway near Hiroshima on a Sunday morning this time of year was probably empty. I can see a bunch of Japanese car nuts getting carried away pretty quickly. I am surprised they weren't going faster.

I have a vintage Aston V8 from early 80's and in the fall of 2002, the Aston Martin Owner's club of Japan leased the Fuji International Speedway for a day. (I lived in Tokyo at the time)

We all started out fairly slow, but as the laps progressed, the testosterone kicked in and it started to get a little crazy. Finally, one of the guys missed braked, and drove his Zagato straight off the hairpin at the end of the main straightway into the gravel. They shut us down after that. The track officials told us the weekend before the Ferrari Owner's Club did an event at the speedway and they cracked up 5 vintage ferrari's in a turn. They did not want us to end up the same way.

Boys with toys translates in any nationality.

ultraman6970
12-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Well... monday night I saw a car stopped in right line (toyota), saw the brand new white BMW with a shorty driving it.. so I press the brake a tiny bit to let the bmw pass because I thought he saw the car too... 5 secs later the moron driving the bmw crashed the old toyota and almost hit the toyota driver that was there too. Even my 5 years old kid toldme... "he did not see the car daddy?"... "No son, looks like the guy is blind"... "how does he drive daddy?" :)

The bmw did not even have tags, my best guess the wetart was texting or talking from inside of the car, hope the car was insured at that moment because the bill could be pretty "salty", a bmw and a old toyota camry.

TimD
12-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Dry road, daylight, great road surface, looks like light traffic (from the size of the queue).

Big tires, massive brakes, extremely high-performance vehicles. Damage not consistent with really high speed collisions.

So, how does this happen? Not just the first guy into the barrier, but two guys into each other, and other cars everywhere!

Honestly I don't get it.