PDA

View Full Version : Ebay: Merckx - Columbus Hyperion - Titanium

ckamp
12-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Why has no one purchased this bike month after month?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Pro-Eddy-MERCKX-Titanium-Columbus-Hyperion-GAN-Team-Frameset-55-X-56-/270865170479?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f10d2802f

Does anyone know some facts about Columbus Hyperion?

If this was a 63cm I would be considering it.

shankldu
12-05-2011, 09:05 AM
ulgy color , 4 sizes to small

avalonracing
12-05-2011, 09:32 AM
-It's in France
-It is over-priced
-May even be a Litespeed (as LS made some Ti Merckx frames)

Aaron O
12-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't really know what market price is for that, but I have thoughts on why it hasn't sold...

1. It's a bit of an odd duck, and people are afraid to pull the trigger at high dollars on things that don't have a well established cost.

2. It's painted ti...I know I don't have much interest in painted ti, and if I feel that way, so do others.

3. Seller has fairly low feedback...98.1% indicates a risk to me...and the seller is in France...so if something goes wrong, you're going to be out money on the return shipping.

4. Lack of photos directly in the ad. People looking at high end frames want easy, accessible photos embedded directly into the ad. It shows a lack of effort...which means what effort will go forth into shipping.

All that aside, it looks like a really cool bike.

Z3c
12-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Looks pretty cool to me. Could be a Litespeed, IIRC their Ultimate had tube shaping like that...

Listing does say it is rust free!

rain dogs
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
You know what would be really nice?

If someone bought it, and got it professionally stripped.

Mask off the tubing where the Merckx decals are and strip the rest to raw Ti.

Then you'd be left with one hell of a nice looking bike with two blue bands and the Merckx name.

If I had the disposable $$$. I'd do it.