PDA

View Full Version : Nimble Wheels' Service

keno
08-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Last Thursday, 5 days ago, I put a Powertap hub and a DT front hub in USPS Priority to Nimble Wheels in Austin, Texas. A few minutes ago the hubs arrived built up in Spider rims, as ordered. Do I dare try the wheels or just accept the unbelievable service as enough?

keno

Jeff Weir
08-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Quit while you are ahead. It's only going to go downhill from here.

keno
08-02-2005, 01:09 PM
is that an offer?

keno

Johny
08-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Two months ago, I ordered a new set of Nimble Fly (tubular, F20?/R28 for durability) and had a small issue with one rim (minor carbon voids) upon recieving the wheelset. Dave apologized and sent me a replacement right away even before I returned the wheel in question. I bought another Fly set (slightly used, tubular, F16/R24) on ebay and loved them even more (they are less stiff and suit me even better. FWIW, I am around #140). I believe Dave will also take good care of my second set even though I bought it used.

P.S. Many Thanks to Too Tall for his help.

Jeff Weir
08-02-2005, 01:19 PM
What would one of our converstaions be without one of us making an offer?

Too Tall
08-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Don't mention it. Don't you love it when the stars align? Dealing one to one with these good folks and a superior product. Yeesh. Is it any wonder I'm a cheerleader for these guys.

Have I raved (much) about how sweet the Nimble Crosswind is for track racing???? Have I, huh?

Climb01742
08-02-2005, 02:53 PM
my dealings with nimble have been equally stellar. good people, good company.

zap
08-02-2005, 03:30 PM
I met the boys at Nimble during LAF '00 weekend. Nice people and they were giving wheels out for people to try on Sundays ride.

I tried to borrow a wheelset. After all, they did say their wheels were strong enough for tandem use. Then we told them that we were riding a tandem the following day. They bulked.

Haven't bought a carbon set yet, but will soon.

Too Tall
08-02-2005, 05:05 PM
My my perhaps they were impressed?

Their crosswinds are tandem-worthy. We run a tubular version on the tandem....sweeeeet. Also, Nimble makes the tandem wheels for the US Paralympic tandem team (male male).

PBWrench
08-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Similar great experience with Dave at Nimble. Loved the propcess of designing the wheels and service was impeccable. I forgot to mention that I wanted skewers. Dave shipped them out overnight at their expense. I absolutely love my Fly tubs.