PDA

View Full Version : Specialized S Works Roubaix

ridemoreoften
12-03-2011, 10:21 AM
OK, I know this is a Serotta site and I have been riding a CIII for many enjoyable miles but I am curious about other brands. Does anyone have experience with the S Works or Cervelo RS?

eddief
12-03-2011, 10:47 AM
i own a 2009 S-Works Roubaix shod with A23 rims and 25c tires. it is built up with my own unique set of preferred parts. i am not enamoured with the looks of the curvy tubes and logo-ed to death paint job. however, i continue to be nicely blown away with the qualities of how it rides...and that will keep me on it for quite some time to come.

it is light and seems to do all things well. i climb well on it, i accelerate well on it, and it does a fine job of muting pavement imperfections. some combo of zertz, carbon, and tire choice interact to make this a joy to ride. oh and geometry seems perfectly suited for my type of riding.

people can poo poo 4 lbs less of bike weight all they want and i will still choose a light one over a heavy one for fast, club-style riding with a ton of hills as we have here in the SF Bay area.

i would love to compare the ride of an off the rack roubaix with other fine custom made carbons, but don't have any real motivation at this time.

TAW
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM
I work in a Specialized shop and own a Tarmac. I rode the Roubaix and the Tarmac before deciding. I agree with Eddief on the ride. Really a nice bike and has a good "jump" to it when you hammer it. I don't think you'd be disappointed. (As a disclaimer, I'm not a Specialized salesman, I just work on them)

wss
12-03-2011, 05:09 PM
I also have a CIII, which I road more this year than my 2009 S-Works Tarmac. Both bikes are great IMHO.
Go to a dealer and test ride one.

bluesea
12-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm really happy with my 2010 Roubaix Comp. Its slack frontend is not as nimble as a more strictly race geo. Riding through sweepers on fast descents, imo it is less forgiving of a sloppy line in a turn--less cooperative to downright stubborn to line corrections.

Otoh, it is pretty sweet on high speed descents with gusty side winds.

rpettet
12-03-2011, 07:57 PM
I have both Tarmac and 2011 Roubaix. The Roubaix is fantastic all day comfortable, light , and seems well made.