PDA

View Full Version : Rentals & Rides In Colorado Springs?

Joel
08-02-2005, 05:16 AM
I will be heading out to Colorado Springs at the end of the month for a multi-day business trip and will actually have some time to ride!

If there are any Colorado Springs locals on the board who could pass along recommendations on shops for rentals and some good road rides I would certainly appreciate it.

Ken Robb mentioned, in a June post, a place called Bike Stop that rented hardtails. Does anyone know of any shops that rent road bikes in the area?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Just the thought of riding on mountain roads in cool crisp air, as opposed to the central Florida 'swamp' has me half-way on the plane already!

Best,

Joel

Tailwinds
08-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Check out Colorado Cyclist. You can look them up on the web. I've been in there a few times, and they seem very helpful in recommending routes to visitors -- AND you get a 10% discount on items bought in the store (unless that deal has expired for some reason). I *think* they rent road bikes. I *know* Schwab Cycles rents nice road bikes (Torelli, etc.), but they are in Denver.

RichMc
08-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Criterium Bicycles on Corporate Dr., on the north side of town just off Woodmen Rd. & I25, has great deals on road bike rentals and mountain bike rentals. They have a large selection of Specialized bikes. Easy and very nice people to deal with. I've rented twice from them. I'm not positive but I don't think Colorado Cyclist rents bikes.

christian
08-02-2005, 12:21 PM
When I went to Colorado Springs, I rented MTBs from Criterium. They were fine. They also rent roadbikes, and were quite helpful generally. No problems swapping pedals etc. Oh - BRING YOUR OWN SADDLE. Most of the rental bike saddles are awful!

Colorado Cyclist does not rent bikes, AFAIK.

- Christian

Joel
08-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the pointers!! I'll give Criterium a call. And where else could we have folks from Hawaii and New York telling a guy in Florida where to rent a bike in Colorado? Got to love the forum!

Joel