PDA

View Full Version : warning paypal issue

dixiesdad
12-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I just got off the phone with paypal and made the horrrible mistake of selling something for $2400 in October and not selling anything in November. I now have a 21 day hold on all paypal balances through ebay sales. I can get the funds released quicker if I put the tracking number in the ebay system and get it released 3 days after confirmed delivery. (not unreasonable) I can also get delivery of the funds if I get positive feedback on ebay. ( not unreasonable) This change was due to large sales activity and then none. I can only laugh as this will not change ever unless I sell alot more stuff on ebay at larger balances. maybe I need another bike sale!!!!!!!

tiretrax
12-02-2011, 02:12 PM
The Paypal/Ebay juggernaut is intolerable. I now have to verify my account in order to use Paypal. That's crazy since they already have my credit card information as well as a bunch of personal information when I joined. Starting in January, all Ebay transactions will have to be completed through Paypal. Now, they'll get at least 12% of every transaction.

Joachim
12-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I vote for a mass change to Dwolla.

Aaron O
12-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I vote for a mass change to Dwolla.

I advertise Dwolla on all my auctions and offer a 3% discount to use it.

Joachim
12-02-2011, 02:23 PM

Is an account required to pay someone?

Aaron O
12-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Is an account required to pay someone?

Yes...but hopefully they'll see the value in Dwolla and be willing to sign up.

bobswire
12-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Yes...but hopefully they'll see the value in Dwolla and be willing to sign up.

I did, Thanks

mandasol
12-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I just sold a bunch of stuff and a 21 day hold was put on everything. I put in tracking numbers for all the items and they were all verified delivered, but a hold is still arbitrarily on about 30% of the sales, even with tracking numbers and positive feedback(?).

On another rant, I had two unknown charges just a few days ago to my Paypal Master Card debit card (that I haven't used Since August). I freaked and called to get it taken care of ASAP, the autoresponse tells me to go to the website. On the site it tells you to fill out a form and fax it in. Several days later get an email that says they will investigate it and may take up to 60 days :crap:

tugrul
12-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Starting in January, all Ebay transactions will have to be completed through Paypal.

What?

DRZRM
12-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Dwolla looks interesting, I just signed up.

steampunk
12-03-2011, 09:30 AM
the eBay/PayPal stranglehold is clearly skewed towards the frequent, "business" seller rather than the occasional seller which was really the core when they started.

i am an infrequent seller, have 100% feedback on eBay, and appear to fulfill all the "requirements" per PayPal policy to not have funds put on hold, yet sometimes incoming auction payments do get put on hold. not even big $. we're talking <$100 payments here.

also all it takes is for your buyer to report any sort of "problem" with the item or transaction and you can bet it will be a while before you get your money. and the item you sold is out of your hands.

the problem is they are not a bank, yet they appear to operate and represent themselves as such. i don't think banks can legally put a hold on your funds for (apparently) no reason.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

tele
12-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Aaron
do buyers use Dwolla? If so, how do you go about completing the transaction on ebay?

thanks
Kevin

Aaron O
12-03-2011, 11:45 AM
tele - I advertise as a seller that I'll accept Dwolla. The buyer would have to sign up and I supply my Dwolla account. They send money (discounted 3%) and I send the item. I don't have to worry about paypal holds, fees or policies. Either of us mark it paid and I ship.

slowandsteady
12-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Paypal Sucks. PERIOD.
Odd rules and regulations, stranglehold on users, the worst customer service in ANY industry. The only reason most people use them is they are the industry standard (for now) and as such are the most convenient source of funding for transactions.

We need to move on and Dwolla is a good option. Maybe Paypal will get the hint as droves of people leave them...

steampunk
12-06-2011, 07:38 PM
BIG ruckus going on because of what PayPal did to Regretsy.

http://www.regretsy.com/2011/12/05/cats-1-kids-0/

http://thegreengeeks.wordpress.com/2011/12/06/why-paypal-is-wrong-regarding-regretsy-according-to-their-own-policies/

ultraman6970
12-06-2011, 08:06 PM
msg from santa to paypal...

http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/watch/mErK4dKzF1eyKa-gxg7fjYQ

mapleleafs-13
12-07-2011, 04:06 PM
yea paypal does suck, a lot of times when i sell stuff to people i know we try to send payments to each other as a gift, then they only take 1% of the fees, i dont want to give them anymore money than they deserve