PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo Record Hub Label

PacNW2Ford
11-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Anyone else had trouble lining up the hub label with the valve hole on a current model Record rear hub? Mine is off by one spoke hole. The front wheel is fine. Local Campagnolo rep says basically can't be done, and the hub is labeled correctly, you're being way too picky.

sean
11-30-2011, 11:30 PM
I've never had to do this, but if you use the Schraner method of lacing, it's way easier to see exactly what part of the hub will line up with what.

AngryScientist
12-01-2011, 06:21 AM
you're being way too picky.

a'yup

oldpotatoe
12-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Anyone else had trouble lining up the hub label with the valve hole on a current model Record rear hub? Mine is off by one spoke hole. The front wheel is fine. Local Campagnolo rep says basically can't be done, and the hub is labeled correctly, you're being way too picky.

First drop spoke 4 holes away on 32, 3 on 36...pretty close + or - a wee bit. Not that important(altho I do do it).

'Local Campagnolo rep'? As in outside rep from Campagnolo? Didn't know there was such a thing.

OperaLover
12-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Glad to see some people still build wheels by "convention."

oldpotatoe
12-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Glad to see some people still build wheels by "convention."

I have some say' what difference does it make? None in the build quality but lacing it with aligned and not is the same effort..just look at the label first. I say why NOt do it? If somebody doesn't do this, I wonder what else they didn't or couldn't do, in this thing called 'wheelbuilding'.

DogpawSlim
12-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I have some say' what difference does it make? None in the build quality but lacing it with aligned and not is the same effort..just look at the label first. I say why NOt do it? If somebody doesn't do this, I wonder what else they didn't or couldn't do, in this thing called 'wheelbuilding'.

I agree, it makes the wheel suspect in my opinion. Misaligned label and valve on a cross...

Not that it makes a difference, it just smacks of laziness, and I've done it a couple times out of laziness (I've since changed my ways). It is well worth the extra minute it takes to get everything lined up.