PDA

View Full Version : Suntour Superbe Pro help

aoe
11-30-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm looking for a Suntour Superbe Pro group, preferably NOS from '81-'85, but coming up empty from the usual online sources. Anyone have any leads on shops, lbs', or any other sources that may yield better results?

Also, any thoughts on comparable Sugino components I should consider that may be easier to find?

TIA for the help.

christian
11-30-2011, 01:26 PM
I have a set of NOS brakes, perforated levers, gum hoods, 47-57mm calipers, all cables and housing, never out of the box. $250 plus shipping and any fees. PM if you're interested.

Pics:
http://www.christianedstrom.com/Peg/IMG_3871.jpg
http://www.christianedstrom.com/Peg/IMG_3872.jpg

DogpawSlim
11-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Where were you last year? I had a group I let go for cheap.

aoe
11-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Where were you last year? I had a group I let go for cheap.
Darn! Thanks anyway....

aoe
11-30-2011, 03:51 PM
I have a set of NOS brakes, perforated levers, gum hoods, 47-57mm calipers, all cables and housing, never out of the box. $250 plus shipping and any fees. PM if you're interested.

Pics:
http://www.christianedstrom.com/Peg/IMG_3871.jpg
http://www.christianedstrom.com/Peg/IMG_3872.jpg
I'll be sending a pm shortly....
Thanks

aoe
11-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Logic tells me that maybe best chances are with LBS's that focus on vintage japanese frames like Nagasawa's, Panasonics, Fuji's etc...I've got a call into Yellow Jersey. Any other's ppl know of?

19wisconsin64
11-30-2011, 05:03 PM
hi, interesting thread....i got my first real road bike in madison, wi, from someone who got it from yellow jersey (mentioned in this tread). the bike came with junk parts, so i put on superbe pro bits piece by piece.

i have some front and rear derailleurs. you can find the stuff best on ebay. the hubs are really beautiful and classic, and sealed bearing, so spin like butter.

pm me if you need derailleurs. you should take up the offer on those brakes....others are selling the same set for more double that now.

jds108
12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Put up a wtb in the classifieds. Might want to consider getting it piece-by-piece.

I have 8spd SP shifters (perfect), FD and RD (both not perfect, but excellent nonetheless) I wasn't planning on selling, but I guess i don't have much use for them either.

-Jeff

csm
12-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I may have a r der around somewhere.
and pretty sure I have shifters too.

Gummee
12-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I've started with a brakeset off a fixie I bought for $100. Kept the Suzue wheels and the brakes and gave away the F/F, etc.

I'd LOVE to have something to hang a Superbe Pro gruppo on. You know... like the Master Olympics college teammates of mine had! :drool ...or the black chrome Pinarello that another teammate had till a car pulled out in front of him.

M

56mtorres
12-01-2011, 11:14 PM
cant help with the superbe group, but if a complete 1st generation dura ace ex goup entertains you, ive got one. complete... stem, headset, bb, seatpost, crank, f der, r der, brake levers, shifters and front and rear high flange hubs. i guess the only thing missing are pedals.
the set is in vgc. i would rate them used, 8.5-9.0

sorry, if i could figure out how to post pics on this forum i would. u or anyone else interested can pm me there email add and i will gladly send them plenty of pics.

good luck.

benitosan1972
12-01-2011, 11:16 PM
PM Sean, dude has/had/can get/can find EVERTYTHING!!!

jtakeda
12-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Pretty sure I have a front derailleur. PM if you want I'll check my box and give a fair price. I also have access to pedals through someone else although they might be close to $120.

Lemme know and I'll start diggin.

cnighbor1
12-02-2011, 02:56 PM
I have one set very good condition superbe brakes, new FD, suntour suberbe BB axle
I say your never find a complete group unless you buy a complete bike
and there is suntour superbe and Suntour superbe Pro which do you want?
Charles

David Kirk
12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I don't have any Superbe Pro stuff lying around but I wish I did. Back in my racing days they were a sponsor and I used Superbe Pro racing off road and beat the crap out of it and it never failed. I also had it on my road bike and think it worked better than anything else available at the time.

That and it looked clean and simple. I miss it.

dave

cnighbor1
12-02-2011, 03:06 PM
email this posting to a friend san diego craigslist > city of san diego > for sale / wanted > bicycles

please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

Suntour Superbe Grupo - $150 (Central)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-11-28, 5:23PM PST
Reply to: sale-2twzz-2725677468@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sale:

Used but in Great Condition Suntour Superbe Grupo:

Crank w/chainrings

Bottom Bracket

Brakes w/levers

Front derailleur

Rear derailler

Vintage All original, many miles still available

Great Condition, perfect for a Japanese build.

Only $150.00

FIRM.

If interested and serious, please contact me via email, the frame is in the shop, but I will send you some pictures with time.

Not included HUBS or Headset.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2725677468

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc.
terms of use
privacy policy
feedback forum

mapleleafs-13
12-07-2011, 04:21 PM
join the club, a lot of people i know are looking for that stuff in good condition. lol

ultraman6970
12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
A friend of mine has a set of suntour superbe black hubs laced to a set of mavic clinchers rims, and i believe the rd too. If anybody I can contact with the guy.

Saw the wheels and the hubs are pristine, even the QR works perfectly.

aoe
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM
thanks, Charles. I'll contact the seller but seems to be a superbe group vs a superbe pro. I've got a ton of pm's I need to catch up on from forumites so I think I'm good. Thanks for all the help guys.
Cheers

Davefromaine
12-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I got lucky on my search for a Superbe Pro group - I traded an old winter beater bike to a fellow who left his Bianchi on the roof rack while driving into his garage. Frame was complete toast, but the group is now sitting in a box to go on my recently-aquired 70's Windsor frameset. (A gift from my cycling guru who introduced me to this forum).

sw3759
12-08-2011, 05:12 AM
i have group in the boxes i purchased from an east coast dealer in the mid 90's he had pulled the english bb from a floor model he said it was unused.not really sure what it is worth these days i would have to research it.it was the last year they offered the group 8 spd with cassette hub i have 3 or 4 new cassettes with it.i found a new 94 Rb-1 and had planned to use it for that but never did.172.5 42/52 or 53 w/ braze on frt der.32 hole hubset.has the headset also.unsure what the chain is.sachs or sedis maybe.
if anyone is really interested in making an offer shoot me a pm.

thanks

Scott

aoe
12-08-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't have any Superbe Pro stuff lying around but I wish I did. Back in my racing days they were a sponsor and I used Superbe Pro racing off road and beat the crap out of it and it never failed. I also had it on my road bike and think it worked better than anything else available at the time.

That and it looked clean and simple. I miss it.

dave
From all accounts, including yours Dave, I've heard nothing but fantastic things about the SP group. Question, do you recall what year your group was from?

bigflax925
12-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I have the complete SP build kit (although hubs are Sprint and seatpost are SR) from a 1984 Trek 760 that it's very nice condition. The bike had maybe 200 miles on it. Bars and stem are Cinelli.

Here are the specs:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/bigflax925/Pagesfrom1984Trek1Racing.jpg

PM if interested.

Davefromaine
12-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure of the year mine is - it has a 7-speed cassette and friction shifters. Not sure if the shifters are Superbe Pro or not - I haven't looked in awhile, but I think they only say Superbe or Suntour on them. Only the derailleurs and crankset are labelled if I remember correctly. Missing the SP brakeset, but a nice Modolo set came with the frame - I may search out the proper brakes eventually, but it's not that important to me - I just want to ride it.

David Kirk
12-08-2011, 01:07 PM
From all accounts, including yours Dave, I've heard nothing but fantastic things about the SP group. Question, do you recall what year your group was from?

I can't say for sure - I'm thinking about 1987ish? I found it to be the best performing stuff you could buy at the time and SOOOOO much better that Super Record at the time. The fact that it even stood up to fully loaded shifts in the mud on an MTB was just a bonus.

dave