PDA

View Full Version : Best ISIS BB...

Russ
08-01-2005, 12:08 PM
How many miles have you gotten out your ISIS BB?

Last year I switched cranksets on one of my bikes to one that uses an ISIS bb... The crankset is a Stronglight Pulsion. I like the cranset very much, but I have been less than satisfied with the BB durability (a Stronglight Twister). I have had to replace TWO bbs in less than year or about 1000 miles each! So, I am seriuosly considering dumping this system if ISIS stays as bad as it seems....

My LBS recommened the new American Classic ISIS, they said that some employees there have put over 3K miles...

What's your word on this? Better luck with other brands of ISIS?

No trash talk, please! Just your honest opinion....

Dave
08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I would avoid the American Classic. Unless it's been redesigned, it's light, but only because it doesn't have enough bearings in it.

I've had no problems with the FSA Platinum Pro.

FSA has the megaquad, which should be as stout as anything out there.

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=29&pid=72

Too Tall
08-01-2005, 12:58 PM
What Dave said. I've put many hard racing miles plus 1 PBP and across the USA on two FSA Plat. Pros installed on our tandem and they are flawless. I believe FSA are the only forged axel models made? If true arguably will make these the strongest.

my2cents
08-01-2005, 01:00 PM
... with at least 5k with not a hint of an issue.

wasfast
08-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Another vote for the FSA Platimun pro. I have 5K miles on mine with no problems.

Fixed
08-01-2005, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=Dave]I would avoid the American Classic. Unless it's been redesigned, it's light, but only because it doesn't have enough bearings in it.

I.m.h.o. don't touch with a 10 ft. pole.

sspielman
08-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Interesting.....The Stronglight ISIS models are normally the recommended upgrade to other brands of ISIS BB's that haven't held up well. If you are only getting 1000 miles out of a BB, I would have the machining of your frame's BB shell checked to make sure that everything is within spec...