PDA

View Full Version : Crow Rd Warning

Lifelover
07-31-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't have a clue where this talks about but there is one angry rider near Crow Rd.

Angry Driver (http://eugene.craigslist.org/rnr/88112863.html)

Warning Very Fowl language contained. I suspect it may even be pulled.

KevinK
08-01-2005, 10:52 AM
I don't have a clue where this talks about but there is one angry rider near Crow Rd.

Angry Driver (http://eugene.craigslist.org/rnr/88112863.html)

Warning Very Fowl language contained. I suspect it may even be pulled.

The Crow Road in question is west of Eugene, OR. I was out there yesterday putting in a 40 miler. The referred to post was pulled before I got a chance to read it, so I don't know what it was about. I was riding alone, saw few cars and fewer riders, so I don't think I pissed anyone off. BTW, Crow Road makes up a section of a very popular training circuit, so there are normally quite a few riders out. There is no shoulder to speak of so bike/car interactions are common, and most are very respectful of each other. Can you give me the gist of the rant, sans the fowl language?

Kevin

wasfast
08-01-2005, 11:43 AM
The "modified" version posted below came from the forum on RoadBikeReview.com. Man, this guy is mad!

Every weekend I have to dodge these dumb *** bike racers on Crow rd. They don't have common sense or courtesy enough to realize that moving to the right side of the white line on blind corners or when traffic is approaching could not only save there life but prevent a head on collision. The other day I had to go around some dumb **** with a child on the back of her bike, she swerves right in front of me. I nearly hit them. Its bad enough if she wants to put her own life in danger but leave the kids at home. Then I stop at the feed store and these four sweaty bastards are plopped down on the porch right in the walkway, I couldn’t even get to the front door. How ****ing rude is that. This guy is trying to run a business and these sweaty ****ers are blocking the entrance to his store. If you want to sit in the shade find a ****in tree. Its getting ****in out of hand. Friday I'm headed home and in front of the high school the dip ****s have a van parked with the awning half way out into crow road and expect everyone to look out for them. **** that! We all pay taxes so you **********s can have bike lanes and bike paths all over town. Race them ****ers in Eugene on the paths provided for you. Otherwise use a little courtesy, get to the side, or get run down your choice. Them black shorts are real cute, why don’t you slap a big red target on your *** so I can line it up with my hood ornament. Survival of the fittest sooner or later stupid hurts.

BumbleBeeDave
08-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Friendly guy. I hope this guy gets some tranquilizers and takes a few daily. Not the kind of comments I would have expected from a fitness-oriented town like Eugene.

BBDave

Ozz
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
...sooner or later stupid hurts.

Oh, if only that was true! ;)

Kevan
08-01-2005, 12:31 PM
My stars!

scrooge
08-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Incidently, one of the reasons I don't always like bike trails--people expect you to ride on them. Can I say that?

Ozz
08-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Incidently, one of the reasons I don't always like bike trails--people expect you to ride on them. Can I say that?
yes you can....unfortunately, bike trails are not really "bike" trails...they are walker, runner, skater, stroller, dog walker and bike trails.

wasfast
08-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Friendly guy. I hope this guy gets some tranquilizers and takes a few daily. Not the kind of comments I would have expected from a fitness-oriented town like Eugene.

BBDave

Eugene is a larger version of Corvallis, where I lived for many years. Eugene is actually a diverse set of many groups: hippies, students, highly educated folks (U of O plus technology companies), plus the athletic running/cycling/outdoor crowd. Some of them cover multiple categories.

West of Eugene, you can find all sort of of "alternative living" types of folks. This isn't bad, just a different way of looking at things. This guy may be one of those or just having a bad life this week.

vaxn8r
08-01-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm on Crow road about twice a week. I've been passed by guys like that. They've even had a local radio program with callers just like that guy without quite so many *****.

Most drivers around here are pretty good. Then you get the guys like that one. My wife and I had a couple of guys open their passenger car door as they blew by us at about 80 mph. Last Thursday on Crow Rd. a motor home passed us at at least 60 mph without budging out of the lane. We were in the bike lane and got blown around a bit. No oncoming traffic so he could have moved over if he wanted to. Plus he then had to really hit the brakes for an oncoming corner. So to me he was trying to teach my wife and I a lesson with his 7 ton killin' machine. Lesson learned. He was an a$$. Crow rd is country. I never understand why these people need to drive 100mph and yet choose to live 20 miles outside of town. Buddy, move a little closer in if you're always having your life ruined by being 2 seconds late due to a cyclist.

BTW, stretches of the Crow rd bike lane is often so full of debris, glass, weeds, broken asphalt that half the time you can't ride in it. Wonder where all that guy's taxes are going? Anyway, some parts of that road you can't ride the bike lane.

But, I've ridden all over the US and these are fortunately the rarities. I've had that and worse in other locales.

KevinK
08-01-2005, 03:41 PM
I imagine that Friday out on Crow Road was quite congested with bike riders, with the Co-Motion Tandem race being staged out there. Its also been quite hot here, and between the congestion and the heat, his fuse was probably real short. I'm glad that he resorted to raging on the web and not taking it out on some poor shmuck on a pink and yellow Colorado legend CR minding his own business on Crow Road.

Kevin

flydhest
08-01-2005, 09:55 PM
On the other hand, suppose what the guy says is true. That cyclists are doing what he says they are. That's the sort of thing that would piss me off as well (well, most of it) and I'm a cyclist. I think the guy sounds like a prick, but I have been known to give a low-key talking to to some cyclists who seem to go out of their way to provoke drivers. I have a right to the road and a right to safety. I don't have a right to be as much of a schmuck as some drivers are.

Box jockeys don't have a monopoly on sheet-headedness. They may have more than their fair share, but there are definitely some of our two-wheeled brethren who also partake.

p.s. I'm back. pictures soon.