PDA

View Full Version : i just saw an exceptional cycling dvd

lnomalley
07-31-2005, 05:21 PM
yes, this thread sounds like an advert (sorry about that). i saw a dvd/film called The Quest about Simoni's win of the Giro.. it was made by a guy that shoots for television and also ran a local club team (he helped palinetti (sic) do the hard road) and did promo films for cannondale. its probably the best cycling film i've ever seen.. not only in terms of production value but in terms of content. it investigates how a team actually functions in a grand tour, from inside the rider's heads all the way to the thoughts of the guy that drives the team bus.

if you are curious about the big picture of what a grand tour looks like from the inside.. this for sure is the film to see. also, it looks like and feels like a feature quality movie (i find that some cycling films of late look like high school multi-media projects). you have to be cool with subtitles (but they kind of disappear and you feel like you can understand italian). it changed my view of simoni, who actually comes across as a thoughtful, inwardly directed, bright guy. the fact that phil ligett narrates helps a ton too. the guys on the saeco team back then are figgin cool too.

the link i got it from was thequestfilm.com and it's reviewed in velonews this month. and like i said its called "the quest".

i am in no way financially affiliated with the film. i just got kind of dorkishly excited about it and felt like i had to say it out loud. have you seen it?

zeroking17
08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the info! I enjoy this type of "inside looking out" film and will surely get the dvd.

lnomalley
08-01-2005, 02:15 PM
i'll be curious to see if you liked it as much as i did.... holler when you see it.

lnomalley
08-01-2005, 05:11 PM
this is off topic.... while i am giving props to cycling films....i have to say that i've grown to love the look of these team colors on this frame. the kits don't move me but the frame does for sure....