PDA

View Full Version : It's Thanksgiving. What are YOU thankful for?

BumbleBeeDave
11-24-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm thankful to still be alive and in one piece after my crash last year.

I'm thankful to be in good health and to have my daughter in good health.

I'm thankful to be a part of the wonderful family that my girlfriend has brought me into.

I'm thankful to live in a country that has it's fault to be sure, but where I can say and do pretty much whatever I want, and where I can walk down the street without fear of getting kidnapped, beaten up, killed, or otherwise abused.

I'm thankful to have the education and resources that let me participate in cycling at the level I would like, and for the wonderful people I have met while doing it.

The older I get, it seems like the more seriously I take this day each year and the more of it I spend really, REALLY thinking about what I can be thankful for. Maybe that's because as I get older I see more evidence that the world is fickle and often unfair and that bad things happen to good people all the time.

Look at everything you have today--and I don't mean just the material possessions--and appreciate it.

What are YOU thankful for today?

BBD

Jeff N.
11-24-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm thankful I have a job that is virtually recession proof, among other things. Off today. Bird in the oven. Will likely OD on bird, wine and the NFL today. Gotta go back in tomorrow though. :crap: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL HERE! Jeff N.

AngryScientist
11-24-2011, 08:06 AM
too much to list, it has been a very good year for me, and i am thankful for everything i have right now, genuinely thankful to be as lucky as i am.

i hope every one of you folks has an excellent day! :beer:

jr59
11-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm thankful for the health of my family.

That my business is growing, even in these less than perfect times.

For the ability to still ride a bike.

And to all my forum friends that have taught me so much.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Chief
11-24-2011, 09:02 AM
I thankful that I can do all the things I do at my age and for a wonderful life. Happy Thanksgiving to All.

wooly
11-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I have a lot to be thankful for like you all. But most of all I'm thankful for my wife and three sons. Quit my job early this year to start my own company. Ive got a great partner teaching me new things. It's been a bit tough financially but I'm just thankful to have the resources to chase the dream. And a supportive family to do so.

I'm thankful for all of my close friends.

And my forum pals here too. Cheers!

tele
11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
well said Dave, I think you summed everything that is important to me.

Enjoy the day everyone!

eddief
11-24-2011, 09:42 AM
1. 49ers 9-1
2. OT threads on the forum

C5 Snowboarder
11-24-2011, 09:47 AM
I am Thankful most for my kids and my new grandaughter who is 2 months old today.
I am thankful for being a Vietnam Veteran and not a name on a wall in DC.
I am thankful for being an old guy that can still climb a hill on a bicycle and ride a snowboard faster than most youngins.
Finally - I am thankful I don't have to worry about where I will sleep tonight in complete safety and from where my next meal will come.

And I am thankful we have a holiday that does not appear to offend anyone except turkeys.

AngryScientist
11-24-2011, 10:58 AM
And I am thankful we have a holiday that does not appear to offend anyone except turkeys.

cheers to that :beer:

Fixed
11-24-2011, 11:01 AM
thanks for life
cheers

maximus
11-24-2011, 11:03 AM
the new life taking shape inside my wife.

:beer:

ultraman6970
11-24-2011, 11:07 AM
That's a good one :D

Wilkinson4
11-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Well, almost not offended!

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=687268

Happy Turkey Day Texas!

mIKE

Elefantino
11-24-2011, 11:42 AM
My wife.

My kids.

My family.

My friends.

My health.

The time I've been given to enjoy it all.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Serottans!

Fixed
11-24-2011, 11:44 AM
went for a great ride now i am hiding from mrs fixed
we are cleaning all the windows :beer: such is life
cheers

Hawker
11-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm thankful for a free country, the lives that have been given to protect it, my health, my Lord and my family. In a world where there are still people who have very little health care and very little food....I am able to afford a hobby like cycling.

Have a great day guys and ladies.

Steve

fourflys
11-24-2011, 12:43 PM
What am I thankful for?

I'm thankful for my beautiful, understanding wife and my two beautiful daughters...

I'm thankful the Coast Guard has seen fit to let me go to college full time last year and this year.

I'm thankful I have to ability to provide for my family and still have enough left to support my cycling habit...

Finally, I'm thankful for all the brave men and women who serve our country endlessly whether they choose to or not...

God Bless all you and may you have a blessed Holiday!

Chris

thendenjeck
11-24-2011, 01:09 PM
a day off of work finally. house-sitting for a friend, and very thankful for some peace and quiet away from my roommates. listening to some great jams and enjoying some Knob Creek on the rocks. can't remember the last time I had a couple hours to myself to do nothing. also, i miss my family, but am thankful I don't have to make the trip from Chicago to South Carolina. back to work tomorrow, 10 hour day, but I'm thankful that I like my job, and in this economy that I have one making decent money.

sjbraun
11-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm three years into remission from an incurable cancer, chronic lymphocytic leukemia.

I'm grateful for every single day.

Ever since I was diagnosed 6 years ago, I've felt gratitude more strongly.

It's really a good thing, to be thankful.

Steve

DonH
11-24-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm very thankful for my health and the health of my family. I am also thankful I can provide for them, and still have a little bit of time and money left over to enjoy my bikes and motorcycles. I'm thankful I have a good job where my bosses are good people, and treat me well.
I have a lot more to be thankful for, but I'll keep it brief.

tiretrax
11-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Life in this country. Enough said - it encompasses everything said above.

67-59
11-24-2011, 08:41 PM
1. My beautiful wife and daughters.

2. My health...despite some significant health struggles thus year.

3. The ability to still get out on my bike more often than not.

4. A secure job with a great boss.

Aaron O
11-24-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm thankful for this great community that offers so much wisdom and advice.

My wonderful wife, who tolerates my mishegas;

I'm thankful for a fantastic boss/mentor and a great group of people at work;

A loving family, which isn't the given I grew up assuming it was;

Good friends, cold beer and a basement full of bikes far nicer than I deserve;

A job and the means to pay my bills when so many are struggling;

My health and genetic low cholesterol and good blood pressure;

Living in the country we live in...where even in tough times, we have plenty compared to most others. Not having to worry about revolution, military coups or anti-semitism. It's easy to get lost in anger over political differences, and there is always room for improvement, but I'm grateful to the many who have made this a place where my family could be treated fairly and where we were given a chance to succeed. I'm not typically a flag waving uber patriot, but this truly is a special nation and I'm grateful for being here.

rab
11-24-2011, 09:28 PM
So many things...

A great but not too easy life so far.

Good family and friends, especially the ones who have positively influenced me before moving on...

sleeping in late, the long mellow ride, the dogs snoozing next to me and the cold winter ale on the table.

the fact that one of my bigger concerns this week has been a crappy cx performance last weekend. if that is my biggest complaint then things are not too bad!

a nice thread with a positive theme.

firerescuefin
11-24-2011, 10:11 PM
10 Years of marriage to a wonderful woman, great friends....and my training partners, who no matter how hard I go, refuse to get dropped :no: (see below).

GRAVELBIKE
11-24-2011, 10:42 PM
What I'm thankful for:

A great wife (of 25 years)
Two fantastic kids
Gainful employment
My health
Lots of wonderful dirt and paved roads to explore

djg
11-25-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm thankful for my family, above all.

My health . . . well, a few issues, and I kvetch a bit, but I'm walking and talking and was able to enjoy a lovely thanksgiving, in comfort (until the desserts, at least) with family, and some really good friends, and for that I am I am thankful.

Thankful for my job -- interesting and useful work, and a regular check.

Thankful for my life in this great land of ours. My dad loved Thanksgiving, which he saw as one of his liberation holidays. He came from hell, and slavery, and loved this country. I try to remember.

Wimpy
11-25-2011, 10:33 AM
There the usual family, friends and job stuff, but I'm also thankful that we live in a country and a time of unprecedented prosperity where almost anything you want is an affordable click of the mouse away.

ORMojo
11-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Above all - happy, healthy, amazing wife & 3 daughters, all of us fortunate enough to be doing what we want to be doing in our lives.

Great community & friends, both here in the states, and in Thailand in the village & at the monastery.

A day in late November - today! - with weather that will be perfect for a ride. Actually, 2 days according to the forecast.

. . . oh . . . and that I did NOT order a Taylor :rolleyes:

clyde the point
11-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Gratitude: a new mid-life career that enables me to help/touch more folks than did a career in bikes. Nursing. Family. A good 12 yr old son.

oldpotatoe
11-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Bicycle retail, it puts a smile on my face everyday.

rounder
11-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Friends and family, and the folks i work with. Also love the serotta forum.

Ti Designs
12-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Bicycle retail, it puts a smile on my face everyday.

Every day? Doesn't sound like the same industry I know...

Trirunt
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
My health, my family, the opportunity to chase my dreams.

Sandy
12-10-2011, 01:21 AM
A wife, of almost 30 years, who has constantly given me her love, selfless actions, caring, sensitivity, and compassion, with genuineness and sincerity.

A dog which is teaching me the value of being patient, gentle, and calm, while being a genuine thinking animal with fears and emotions, sharing genuine trust and love.

The ability to physically and mentally perform activities that many my age can not.

Life well beyond the age of my sister and father,who, along with my mother, all died from a very lethal cancer.

Another chance to start to ride again and enjoy the remarkable emotional and physical benefits of cycling, with its accompanying camaraderie with others, and the feelings of self esteem it seems to generate.

An economic position so much better than so many people in the US and elsewhere.

Surprisingly excellent health for my age.

The opportunity to live in the United States, even with its ever increasing economic and international problems.

The opportunity to hopefully rekindle friendships with previous friends who I made through cycling and this forum, who I have let down over the last 4 years.

Another chance to become a better person and perhaps make a positive impact on some animals- human and otherwise.

Sandy

oldpotatoe
12-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Every day? Doesn't sound like the same industry I know...

Tongue planted firmly in my cheek....