PDA

View Full Version : fake Pinarello website

steampunk
11-23-2011, 06:42 PM
the counterfeiters are getting more blatant every day.

"PinarelloChina" (http://pinarellochina.com/)

why not tell the REAL Pinarello what you think here:
http://www.pinarello.it/eng/about_contacts.php

AngryScientist
11-23-2011, 06:47 PM
that is pretty blatant, doesnt get to be much more of a slap in the face to Pinarello than this.

ultraman6970
11-23-2011, 06:48 PM
This sucker dared to create a site with them? hahahaha

Unreal stuff coming from a British comedy hehehe wonder how long it will last :D

majorpat
11-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Sure we can make that, signore Pinarello!

ergott
11-23-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.pinarello.com/eng/about_fake.php

Word is that they use a Price mold and call it a Dogma. The real bad part is that fiberglass or worse is used in place of carbon fibers for the inner layers. Just because it looks like a Pinarello doesn't mean you are getting a Pinarello out the back door. This is a fake that is worse than the original and potentially dangerous.

AngryScientist
11-23-2011, 09:10 PM
The real bad part is that fiberglass or worse is used in place of carbon fibers for the inner layers. .

gaaa, that could really be bad news.

the worst part that i can see is that these might find their way into the secondhand market. they sure look good to the untrained eye, and an unsuspecting buyer might really get screwed buying one of these used from an unscrupulous seller. scary really.

54ny77
11-23-2011, 10:18 PM
China's so good about IP protection, isn't it?

Germany_chris
11-24-2011, 05:14 AM
I have mixed feeling about this..

It's wrong, but it wouldn't happen if there hadn't been the push to Asia to maximize profits.

steampunk
11-24-2011, 08:32 AM
the look and feel of this website is deliberately close to the official Pinarello site - really meant to deceive customers.

have to agree with Germany_chris on that point. if you bring manufacturing to China be prepared for hassles like this and to defend your IP. happens in my industry too (yes there are fake semiconductor chips!).

well this is the place that did produce brick-and-mortar fake Apple stores so...

RonW87
11-24-2011, 08:41 AM

It's wrong, but it wouldn't happen if there hadn't been the push to Asia to maximize profits.

Bad Pinarello! Oh, and bad Apple, bad Microsoft, bad Nike, bad Patagonia, bad Arcteryx, bad RIM, bad .... never mind...

steampunk
11-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Unreal stuff coming from a British comedy hehehe wonder how long it will last :D

speaking of British comedy, the infamous eBay source in the UK has his own website too.

Tailwind Bikes (http://www.imported-carbon-frames.co.uk/)

it appears this person is running his online fake bicycle frame business out of his brick-and-mortar business called Fountain Ladies Health Studio (http://www.fountainladieshealthstudio.co.uk/), yes a ladies-only membership gym. classy.

You can tell Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs all about all the counterfeit goods you can buy through Tailwind Bikes/Fountain Ladies Health Studio at:

Customs Hotline - Information Report Form (https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/CusConf_InformB?dept-name=Customs&sub-dept-name=Hotline&location=48&origin=http://www.hmrc.gov.uk)

All the contact info for Tailwind Bikes is on their contact page.

ultraman6970
11-24-2011, 08:51 AM
How did u find out?? Did u run a "whois" or something in those websites?

bicycletricycle
11-24-2011, 09:07 AM
It is hard to keep control of your supply chain when it's thousands of miles away.

Germany_chris
11-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Bad Pinarello! Oh, and bad Apple, bad Microsoft, bad Nike, bad Patagonia, bad Arcteryx, bad RIM, bad .... never mind...

That was my condemnation of all of them..not just bikes

learlove
11-24-2011, 09:11 AM
what you get for outsourcing - especially to chinaloa.

go general tso chicken....

WickedWheels
11-24-2011, 09:16 AM
I think it's a riot! I do feel a little bad, but they should've kept their production and molds at home. After all, at $5500 per frameset I can't imagine that it's not profitable enough to keep every frame component manufactured in Italy.

I hope it stops other people from going to Chiwan for production. I wonder when we'll see fake Parlee/Trek/Cannondale/Specialized/etc/etc/etc/etc websites.

I wonder how they ride and how good the quality really is. If anyone here decides to buy one please post a ride report... or a picture of the cracked frameset.

steampunk
11-24-2011, 10:38 AM
How did u find out?? Did u run a "whois" or something in those websites?

the Google detective agency.

perp isn't doing himself a favor by listing the physical location on the website.

csm
11-24-2011, 10:43 AM

Nobody seems to want to upset China by telling them to quit it either.
we get what we pay for, we reap what we sow, etc etc etc

ultraman6970
11-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Well if you go the contact us in one of the sites u get to the same place, he mentions the girls gym and address.

The point is what the brits will do about it. Sure he is paying taxes tho.

I heard the ride quality is pretty good but we are talking about fat guys who dont race so that compared to the hybrid they had before, obviously it will ride nice. But i heard good comments on all these cheap frames, well for 300 bucks u cant complain either.

Specs and cannondales are made in asia for sure too but who knows whats the difference, maybe they are the owners of the molds 100% so sure will be hard to see copies in the streets. One thing is key tho, if you outsource something and u have to teach the other guy how to manufacture your stuff u put yourself in risk specially with countries that dont give a damm about copyrights, because sure they will come back at you with a better product and cheaper, they learn and learn darn fast!. That's why campagnolo keeps everything in the house for example.

steampunk
11-24-2011, 11:59 AM
The point is what the brits will do about it. Sure he is paying taxes tho.

selling counterfeit goods is illegal. Aside from Pinarello themselves, HMR&C is apparently the correct agency to poke into this.

jimmyreqs
11-24-2011, 03:02 PM
As Oldpotato pointed out in his campy article, counter fitting isn't the only thing a company has to worry about when moving production to exploit low-cost labour. Ask Schwinn how that went.

oldpotatoe
11-25-2011, 07:36 AM
As Oldpotato pointed out in his campy article, counter fitting isn't the only thing a company has to worry about when moving production to exploit low-cost labour. Ask Schwinn how that went.

Hope you mean 'Schwinn' as the company. Richard was shown the door, had nothing to do with their foray into Chinese and Taiwanese manufacturing.

Way off shore manufacturing by factories that the manufacturer doesn't own 'can' work with intense monitoring, strict standards and penalties for shortcuts or mistakes. But of course the best solution is closer factories, owned by the maker, close by. That works for premium brands, tougher for the brands that just want to make it to sell it and really don't care how long or well it works.