Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old 08-16-2010, 01:41 PM

Profeta Pedal Pack hardshell travel case

As I need space in my garage for my toys, I have for sale a Profeta Pedal Pack Hardshell Bicycle Travel Case that I purchased about 15 years ago. The case is a clamshell design, with a hard shell that appears to be made from tough, somewhat flexible ABS, resin or plastic. The inside is eggshell foam. The case fits a bike and front wheel (unmounted). The Bars/Stem/seatpost and pedals have to be removed from the frame (leave the cables connected of course, and all go inside the case). The clamshell halves then lock together with four metal clasps, and are secured with two heavy web straps. The case has four removable wheels for use in the airport. I carried these in a carry-on when the box was in transit.

I've used ths case many times over the years, and it really is bombproof. I'd pack my complete bike together with necessary tools, spare tires and parts, and as much cycling clothing as I could fit around the bike (in plastic bags). I ride a 59cm frame, and anything larger might be a problem.

I am in Saratoga County, NY, and because of the size of the box, I'd prefer not to ship the thing. I will s buyer's expense. I'd think the thing will fit in a bike box!

$50. Drop me a note if you are interested, and I'll gladly answer any questions.

Last edited by djg21; 08-16-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:27 PM

bump for lower price.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:46 PM

Just PM'd ya...

I'm heading to Saratoga tomorrow.
Just PM'd you.