Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:16 AM

Armstrong Makeover? Washington Post

Some mainstream press for the leader of "the most sophisticated doping program ever." And one generally mean dude to boot.

Lance Armstrong tries to recycle his image - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/AC4xBYQDFRtSydSrZDLkrgQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 07:43 AM

Surprised ol' -7 is broadcasting straight from what's left of the Livestrong bunker. More surprised he still has a "whine" cellar

At least public ridicule isn't fatal, there's always that
Old 11-07-2016, 08:23 AM

Yes he could use a perception manager. However, the guest list suggests he's going to find a measure of redemption with a large part of the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 08:42 AM
50 bpm

Whatevs.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:48 AM
slower than you

Wow. His PR person/ people score a puff piece with the Post, and they are so clueless that they not only can't see how bad it looks to be doing this in a wine cellar, but, they allow a picture to be used! Aren't there at least a few empty bedrooms in the macmansion that will belong to the U.S. Government soon that could be converted to an office? Good lord.
That man is totally out of touch. He should be out there altering his public image before the inevitable trial by doing good works instead of doodling on a tape recorder talking, again, about how everybody else did it, why are they picking on me? Tragic.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:17 AM
PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!

You guys really need to get over it.
He was guilty of doping JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE.

Yes, he was also a bit of a douchbag, and he has been punished for it worse than any other athlete in history. Time to let it go.

His podcasts (or whatever they are called) are actually pretty good.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:31 AM
ZhugeLiang

Yeah, baby!

Old 11-07-2016, 09:31 AM

Everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostondrunk View Post
Hmmm ... can't wait to tell my kids that cheating is acceptable because EVERYBODY else is cheating. Sounds about as rational as the upcoming 'fixed' election.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:41 AM
PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy man View Post
Hmmm ... can't wait to tell my kids that cheating is acceptable because EVERYBODY else is cheating. Sounds about as rational as the upcoming 'fixed' election.
What a stupid response, really. The point was that he is being treated worse than any athlete in the world. No, doping is NOT OK, but LA is no more guilty of it than any other pro athlete. Yes, I get it, he's an a-hole too.
So I guess when you let your kids watch a pro football game, you are basically saying its OK to dope.........nice, what a great parent you are............................................... .......
Old 11-07-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Not every professional athlete is doping. SOME were, are, and will be, doping, and EVERY sport has it's hands dirty. I fail to see how that makes it all okay for LA to get by without paying the piper.

Was he scapegoated? Yup. Was there a witch hunt? Yup. Did he bring it on himself? Also, yup.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:51 AM
PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Rider View Post
Not every professional athlete is doping. SOME were, are, and will be, doping, and EVERY sport has it's hands dirty. I fail to see how that makes it all okay for LA to get by without paying the piper.

Was he scapegoated? Yup. Was there a witch hunt? Yup. Did he bring it on himself? Also, yup.

I think he has done that many times over now. He is not a murderer nor a rapist nor a wife beater......He received pretty much the worst punishment of any athlete in history, and now years later, people still go on a witch hunt every time he appears in public.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:53 AM
PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Rider View Post
Not every professional athlete is doping...
Hey, I wonder what would happen if WADA were somehow allowed to make a surprise visit to the locker rooms on superbowl sunday and take blood and piss from everyone......
Old 11-07-2016, 09:58 AM
It An't Me Babe

Quote:

Yes, he was also a bit of a douchbag, and he has been punished for it worse than any other athlete in history. Time to let it go.

His podcasts (or whatever they are called) are actually pretty good.
Quote:
What a stupid response, really. The point was that he is being treated worse than any athlete in the world. No, doping is NOT OK, but LA is no more guilty of it than any other pro athlete. Yes, I get it, he's an a-hole too.
So I guess when you let your kids watch a pro football game, you are basically saying its OK to dope.........nice, what a great parent you are............................................... .......
Quote:
I think he has done that many times over now. He is not a murderer nor a rapist nor a wife beater......He received pretty much the worst punishment of any athlete in history, and now years later, people still go on a witch hunt every time he appears in public.
Quote:
Hey, I wonder what would happen if WADA were somehow allowed to make a surprise visit to the locker rooms on superbowl sunday and take blood and piss from everyone......
Hell hath no fury like a betrayed and humiliated fan-boi's scorn.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:05 AM
PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzalow View Post
Hell hath no fury like a betrayed and humiliated fan-boi's scorn.
I am (was) a fan. I was a fan of greg's too. Both made for some damn exciting racing. Just gets tiring hearing folks complain 10 years later about old news.

Anyway, back to your french fit discussions.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:05 AM

What?

Quote:
Worst in history? Do you mean only with regards to doping? Hell the IOC racial targeting and stealing Jim Thorpe's Olympic golds was worse and I am sure there are many other examples
Closed Thread