Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2014, 08:56 PM

anybody heard from Colnagofan?

I paid him for a crankset over a week ago and haven't heard a peep from him since.

Mods, if this is not an appropriate place to for this thread please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:00 PM

Maybe he went for vacations or something?
Old 08-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Maybe he went for vacations or something?
In that case, he should have told JT that he might be a bit late in shipping the part.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:25 PM

Check his PL account see I'd he logged in since?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:49 PM

No activity or posts for almost exactly a week…FWIW.

-Mark in St. Louis
Old 08-31-2014, 12:00 AM

Last I heard from him he confirmed receipt of the funds and that he would ship Friday or Saturday.

Now no responses to my pm's... Not really thinking he's being shady, just wanting to make sure all is A-OK.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:26 AM

How did this turn out, did he ship the item ?? I'm in for $285.00 with this guy for a recent frame purchase
Old 01-10-2015, 04:48 PM

Everything turned out fine!

I'm sorry I didn't close this up when I got the cranks-- he had been away on a longish vacation and was unaware that the cranks had been returned to sender due to a fluke address snafu. Once we got back in touch they were sent straight away and showed up at my door two days later.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTango View Post
I'm sorry I didn't close this up when I got the cranks-- he had been away on a longish vacation and was unaware that the cranks had been returned to sender due to a fluke address snafu. Once we got back in touch they were sent straight away and showed up at my door two days later.
May want to fix the title of the thread… the guy's had enough bad PR today.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:22 AM

Having the same problem

Bought a wheelset from him a week ago and he is not responding. I see that he has been on a few times and is not answering my PM's or emails.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:44 AM

anybody heard from Colnagofan?

It bought a 6800 mini group from him 2 weeks ago and got it in 2 days. Show some patience, he's reliable.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:02 AM
ZhugeLiang

I hsve pals who never communicated with me for 2-weeks straight right after the paypal was sent and I never bother to "chase" after them and then all of sudden the goods showed up at my door one fine day.

Yes, patience is key and understand that everyone's communication style is different. I do submit to you that there's a certain "acceptable norm" and protocol to be observed in transactions but I guess some followed it better than others, just like everything else.

The "record" for me is shipping a part out right the next day to a forum pal (which I will NEVER out his name, don't even ask) after both parties "agreed", without even waiting for the check to come in...and guess what, the check did not arrive until about a year later and at a lower amount than what was agreed up. The whole time this pal tried to avoid coming on the forum or making contact with me, I guess he was embarrassed or something. I already knew from the last couple of threads that he posted, it seems like he was in some kind of a financial or personal situation. So, I just kinda let it go and didn't go after him after a few un-returned PMs. I would check on him like a few months at a time, basically just asking how he's doing and no mentioning of "money or debt", no replies came back. I kept up with it for a year and one fine day, he responded back, apologizing for the disappearance and offering to make good on his payment which he did....a year later... don't give up on people so easily...and handle people's reputation with care just as you would expect others to do the same. I am not saying there's no such thing as an acceptable protocol, but again, we are dealing with people and just because of that, we can expect a variance. After all, it's just "stuff"...it's the people that matters.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:20 PM

Weisan
You are a man among boys.
I don't think I have the maturity to respond in such a zen way, but your actions and thoughts will serve as an example to me in the future.
Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:30 PM

Things happen and people get busy, forget, etc. Case in point, I sold a camera lens on eBay recently and the buyer paid and then I totally forgot to ship. I've never done that before in all my years of selling stuff on the internet. I was walking past a table in my office and saw the box and suddenly had a terrible feeling I screwed up. I apologized to the buyer and shipped it the next day.

No one's perfect.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
I hsve pals who never communicated with me for 2-weeks straight right after the paypal was sent and I never bother to "chase" after them and then all of sudden the goods showed up at my door one fine day.

Yes, patience is key and understand that everyone's communication style is different. I do submit to you that there's a certain "acceptable norm" and protocol to be observed in transactions but I guess some followed it better than others, just like everything else.

The "record" for me is shipping a part out right the next day to a forum pal (which I will NEVER out his name, don't even ask) after both parties "agreed", without even waiting for the check to come in...and guess what, the check did not arrive until about a year later and at a lower amount than what was agreed up. The whole time this pal tried to avoid coming on the forum or making contact with me, I guess he was embarrassed or something. I already knew from the last couple of threads that he posted, it seems like he was in some kind of a financial or personal situation. So, I just kinda let it go and didn't go after him after a few un-returned PMs. I would check on him like a few months at a time, basically just asking how he's doing and no mentioning of "money or debt", no replies came back. I kept up with it for a year and one fine day, he responded back, apologizing for the disappearance and offering to make good on his payment which he did....a year later... don't give up on people so easily...and handle people's reputation with care just as you would expect others to do the same. I am not saying there's no such thing as an acceptable protocol, but again, we are dealing with people and just because of that, we can expect a variance. After all, it's just "stuff"...it's the people that matters.
World needs more like you.