Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Glory bound

GWB's stable

Say what you will about his politics (here's hoping not too much), but the guy has some pretty nice bikes, and is actually riding them.

Assuming, of course, this isn't a hoax perpetrated by Shrimp-boat Veterans for Truth or some such group.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:29 PM

I was wondering about this. He placed number one on a segment I was looking at and I wish I remember what but I think it was in the Bay Area. I looked at the name and laughed.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:32 PM

Looks like a hoax. Dubya always rode Trek MTB's.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Campy Nut

I do know for a fact that he does road ride..but I have no idea what he rides or how often. My aunt went to school with him and are actually close friends so they chat every once in awhile (not even joking). She knows of my interest in bikes and told me a a year or so ago that he loves bikes too! Which surprised me. I would be quite awesome if that was his stable..I wonder if he rides Campy he would strike me as a Campy 10 kind of guy
Old 05-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Campy Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiamme red View Post
Looks like a hoax. Dubya always rode Trek MTB's.
He does road ride occasionally according to my aunt..I have no idea about the MTB stuff.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:38 PM

I wonder if the Secret Service ride with him? Or drive behind him with a car with a bike rack ready with a spare for a 10-second bike change. Or lean out the window for a quick shot of oil while he's riding. Or a quick brake adjustment. When you're a former president you need these sorts of things.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM

Those road bikes are all brands carried by Above Category and even the Parlee says "AC" in its name. Above Category brands, the letters "AC", and segments from the Bay Area .. I'd guess it's a hoax by someone who rides out of AC in SF.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Classics Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
I wonder if the Secret Service ride with him? Or drive behind him with a car with a bike rack ready with a spare for a 10-second bike change. Or lean out the window for a quick shot of oil while he's riding. Or a quick brake adjustment. When you're a former president you need these sorts of things.
They pass him a lot of bottles on the uphills.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:02 PM

I've read that he was riding treks, but I know he had a ride with the guys from Niner and I think they gave him a Jet9 and he said he loved it. He definitely lives and rides in Texas though.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:04 PM
50 bpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorelocal View Post
I'd guess it's a hoax by someone who rides out of AC in SF.
It's Pelosi's fault, then.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
When he rode with Lance a few years ago he rode a Trek.. I just looked at the pictures on Bicycling.com referencing his recent ride for Wounded Warriors
and I couldn't tell( I have a Trek Fuel)exactly what he was on... I doubt he has ridden more miles on the supposed single speed 29er vs Yeti.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Campy Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethesport View Post
When he rode with Lance a few years ago he rode a Trek.. I just looked at the pictures on Bicycling.com referencing his recent ride for Wounded Warriors
and I couldn't tell( I have a Trek Fuel)exactly what he was on... I doubt he has ridden more miles on the supposed single speed 29er vs Yeti.
I wonder if he rode a trek because of being with Lance? Or if Lance let him ride it? I had no idea about his Mtb'ing but I do know he's a decent roadie.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:22 PM

Lance probably gave him the Trek. Or more likely Trek gave GWB the Trek. Rather nice publicity shot actually. Though I've also heard that all gifts to any president are, by law, property of the United States and go to the White House archives or wherever they go with that sort of thing.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:33 PM

I know when he was in the white house he had a stationary bike in the WH gym and in front of it on the wall was the infamous "mission accomplished" photo off the deck of that aircraft carrier.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I know when he was in the white house he had a stationary bike in the WH gym and in front of it on the wall was the infamous "mission accomplished" photo off the deck of that aircraft carrier.
and... does that mean Obama rides a bike backwards and has a picture of
the economy tanking?
Closed Thread