Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

The interesting thing is that my bicycles would need to lose 1 before adding another.

I am at the point of not really wanting anything other than the Springfield. I am a target shooter with my focus on the Civilian Marksmanship Program with my Stag 5.56 (baseball group on iron sights at 100 yards seated or prone - still working on off hand standing ) and our club's indoor pistol league with a S&W 22-a.

The Springfield (I believe) would be more accurate at long distance than the Stag, but otherwise I am satisfied with what I own.

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
PezTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B View Post
Can't have those in Haweewee, can you?
You can nearly anywhere now with Sig's "arm brace". Just get an AR pistol and attach the brace.

The bigger issue is that .223 and 556 and .762 make for crappy rounds in short barrels. The better option is 300 blackout and I don't believe there is a pistol with that round by anyone yet.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:53 PM
The B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles M View Post
You can nearly anywhere now with Sig's "arm brace". Just get an AR pistol and attach the brace.

The bigger issue is that .223 and 556 and .762 make for crappy rounds in short barrels. The better option is 300 blackout and I don't believe there is a pistol with that round by anyone yet.
Oh yea... forgot about the whole "pistol" "arm brace" thing. That happened after I'd kind of gotten out of tactical shooting a few years ago. I paid full tax value for my shorties...

I'll totally disagree that 5.56 is a poor load for SBR, though- it's all in your intended application. Anything under 250m and there's basically no effect on fragmentation, expansion for soft nose/PT loads, and with a 50/200 zero, your ballistic arc is still within like 2" rise or drop, so no holdover outside of point-blank range.

Add low recoil, high capacity, STANAG magazines, and ready (relatively) inexpensive availability, and it's a GREAT load in general.

I stalk deer with my Mk18 with 62 gr. PTs... all well under 250 (more like 7m or less). Perfectly adequate for pacific northwest blacktail.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:58 PM
The B!

Here's an upper from Palmetto for $7 benjis....

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...b-30b8af7.html
Old 09-20-2014, 10:02 PM
bourbon!

Re: Flipping stuff - firearms division

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B View Post
Oh yea... forgot about the whole "pistol" "arm brace" thing. That happened after I'd kind of gotten out of tactical shooting a few years ago. I paid full tax value for my shorties...

I'll totally disagree that 5.56 is a poor load for SBR, though- it's all in your intended application. Anything under 250m and there's basically no effect on fragmentation, expansion for soft nose/PT loads, and with a 50/200 zero, your ballistic arc is still within like 2" rise or drop, so no holdover outside of point-blank range.

Add low recoil, high capacity, STANAG magazines, and ready (relatively) inexpensive availability, and it's a GREAT load in general.

I stalk deer with my Mk18 with 62 gr. PTs... all well under 250 (more like 7m or less). Perfectly adequate for pacific northwest blacktail.
Now we are talking about some fun stuff!

I'm not am AR guy but a nice 5.56 might make me change mind. LaRue Tactical makes some nice stuff. And made in Texas so could go down and watch them build it.

OK, I need to quit talking or its.going to get expensive!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk