Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-2019, 12:09 AM

i wouldnt be offended by a black group on this tbh. it would probably be easier to find inexpensive black post and stem to match than finding silver 5800.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:58 PM

Just took it on a lil 15 mile ride after work today...and I love it! The first steel I've ridden where the bike feels like an organic extension of my body -- when I want it to go fast it does, and when I tire out, it does. Definitely want to go the STI route I think, if only because I suck at road riding and would like the comfort of shifting at closer to where my hands are, especially on descents when I've forgotten to shift up heading in.

@adampaiva: First of all, love that Ritchey build/color scheme and dig your bike aesthetic in general! I was looking at that Land Shark you had up recently before I picked this guy up instead. Really, really pretty. Those all sound like really solid suggestions -- I'll finish the build with them in mind.

@phoenix: I appreciate the generosity! Not sure if those shoes though are quite my vibe though they do fit my clown feet. I was thinking about going MTB standards just for comfort walking around and to eventually experiment on a friend's bike on some trails. Is there a good argument for doing otherwise, considering I'm a noob?

@adamhell: I have a sweet deal on the 105 on CL, but the black 1" stems on the bay either have ugly welds or are expensive, IMHO. Plus it's just more money, more money, more money...

Tags
ritchey, road bike