Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-2015, 05:19 AM

Vittoria Tire Line--New

I was looking at the Vittoria tire website and I see no mention of the Open series of CX anymore. They have a Corsa line with Speed and just Corsa, both with the new G compound. They also claim that their top end tires seal virtually all punctures. Does someone in the industry understand what to make of this? Have they abandoned the CX and Pave lines? Does the tire actually seal punctures?
Old 09-29-2015, 06:28 AM
Administrator

interesting. could be a real game changer if their tires ride like the open corsas and actually seal punctures. this could put the gatorskin out of business...
Old 09-29-2015, 06:44 AM
Administrator

sounds good!

Quote:
Tubeless Corespun casing, can also be used with an inner tube. The fastest bicycle tire ever independently measured is equipped with the lightest tubeless-ready casing in the market, with a construction that is capable of self-healing virtually all punctures.

-The world's fastest tire
-Tubeless-ready casing
-The Lightest Tubeless tire
Old 09-29-2015, 07:41 AM

I just know that on Sunday I had a flat on my brand new front Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX. Not a happy camper. And I was about to switch to Continental and bought more Vittoria instead.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:00 AM

Vittoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Anquetil View Post
I just know that on Sunday I had a flat on my brand new front Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX. Not a happy camper. And I was about to switch to Continental and bought more Vittoria instead.
Are you selling the Vittoria tires?
Old 09-29-2015, 10:28 AM

I just read what I could find on those Corsa Speeds and they sound amazing.

If their claims are true, those would be truly spectacular tires. I am a little skeptical about a 205g tubeless tire being durable or long-lasting, though.

I'd love to be wrong...
Old 09-29-2015, 12:25 PM

The corsas come in a 28 too. I'm eager to hear a ride report or review on these wundertires as my stock of regular open corsas is running low.

Last edited by professerr; 09-29-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDeeter View Post
Have they abandoned the CX and Pave lines?
Yes, the new line appears to replace all models with just the new Corsa and Corsa Speed versions.

They must be quite confident in the durability of this new Graphene material,
even the corsa speed version is rated very high for protection. Previously
there was a trade off between suppleness/rolling and durability, now they
seem to do both, so I guess there isn't a need for segmenting the models.

-g
Old 10-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Administrator

has anyone gotten their paws on a set of these yet, are they even available for purchase yet? these could be THE tires for winter training.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
has anyone gotten their paws on a set of these yet, are they even available for purchase yet? these could be THE tires
Fixed that for ya

If they perform as described in the marketing materials, these will apparently be great tires for every season, racing, training, you name it. That's a big "if," of course.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrs View Post
Fixed that for ya

If they perform as described in the marketing materials, these will apparently be great tires for every season, racing, training, you name it. That's a big "if," of course.
true, i agree with both of those things. i'll definitely give a pair a shot when they become available.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrs View Post
Fixed that for ya

At what price is the big question for me. Speaking solely of my own experiences, flatting just hasn't been an issue, with Paves or Veloflex Masters. Had one flat with the first pair of Paves, 700x25s, (and that was in one of the first days on the tires) in a year of riding everywhere. Had one flat with the Masters and they covered rougher terrain and more Ks than the Paves and though nominally 700x25, are smaller. I've now done 7 months on the 700x27 Paves and so far no flats and they've covered some wild rock roads in that time, plus an impressive number of big cols in all conditions and fast descents. Thus I say at what cost because at least for me the new tires are solving problems I don't have. And the existing Paves are already way more expensive than the Masters, enough so that my inclination is to go back to the Veloflex which I found did all that the Paves do and maybe even roll faster despite their smaller width. But, all that said, the new tires sound interesting. Hopefully the prices will be interesting too.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinci View Post
I just read what I could find on those Corsa Speeds and they sound amazing.

If their claims are true, those would be truly spectacular tires. I am a little skeptical about a 205g tubeless tire being durable or long-lasting, though.

I'd love to be wrong...
I think they're calling the Speed a TT/Tri tire only right now, not a general road tire.

That said, the 28s sound so rad to me...
Old 10-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by velotel View Post
At what price is the big question for me. Speaking solely of my own experiences, flatting just hasn't been an issue, with Paves or Veloflex Masters. Had one flat with the first pair of Paves, 700x25s, (and that was in one of the first days on the tires) in a year of riding everywhere. Had one flat with the Masters and they covered rougher terrain and more Ks than the Paves and though nominally 700x25, are smaller. I've now done 7 months on the 700x27 Paves and so far no flats and they've covered some wild rock roads in that time, plus an impressive number of big cols in all conditions and fast descents. Thus I say at what cost because at least for me the new tires are solving problems I don't have. And the existing Paves are already way more expensive than the Masters, enough so that my inclination is to go back to the Veloflex which I found did all that the Paves do and maybe even roll faster despite their smaller width. But, all that said, the new tires sound interesting. Hopefully the prices will be interesting too.
Geeez Hank, stop being a little girl and have Jim build you some tubulars fercryinoutloud!!
Old 10-12-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Geeez Hank, stop being a little girl and have Jim build you some tubulars fercryinoutloud!!
What I ride does everything I need; why change. I just like riding my bike in cool places on wonderful roads, paved and unpaved. I don't measure my speed, I don't count my time, and I pay no attention to technical stuff. My bike works, fits me, feels good, looks good; my Campy drivetrain works well, never a problem, almost never an adjustment, looks good, feels right. I've ridden the clincher wheels Jim built for me in some pretty crazy conditions, done lots and lots of climbs, many hard and long, and done lots and lots of high speed descents, sometimes very high speed descents, with lots of curves, lots of braking, lots of carving, in the dry, in the wet, even in freezing temperatures, and the wheels are still going good. The rare times I've had a flat, no problem, replace the tube, pump it up, keep on rocking. Given all that, I see no need to change. I definitely won't argue against all of the reasons that you could no doubt present for riding tubulars, I'm sure you're correct. But again just like for the new Vittoria tires, I don't have a problem so don't need a solution. I just ride and enjoy myself. Cheers and see you next month.