Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Fair point and one worth making. It's good to know there is that sort experience in the mix.
For sure. I'm sure he is more involved, but even if he is just QC, that is a pretty hefty stamp of approval.

Last edited by nighthawk; 05-29-2015 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
In an email from Adam he told me that Chris (Igleheart) was the "head of the production team"... Not sure that he is actually doing the welding himself. Not to detract, but for the sake of clarity.

To clarify, Adam says Mr Igleheart is mitering and TIG'ing these frames with his own hands.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackMan View Post
To clarify, Adam says Mr Igleheart is mitering and TIG'ing these frames with his own hands.
Good to know.... I didn't want to assume too much from what he meant by "head of the production team" and frankly it didn't matter enough for me to ask him to explain.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:02 PM

a lot of sole proprietors say "we" when talking about what they can do.. "head of the prod. team" is probably not unlike that
Old 05-29-2015, 08:44 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by p nut View Post
"Paycheck: You wouldn't expect a frame/fork/headset/collar at this pricepoint to come in at 3.15 lbs.**"

For real?? I'm assuming that's a typo.

Yes this is probably not the frame to get if you are a weight weenie but the price is pretty damn good for a made in the US frame. I just don't like the way it looks, dont like the color, don't like the graphics on it but I am sure they appeal to a lot of people.

Its cool project and hopefully more like these come around. Its similar to what spooky had done and wish more builders did it.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:41 PM

Adams a good egg. The frames come in raw and he has wet paint them for a up charge. There's one he just did on his instagram feed.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:31 AM

Wraith

I currently have both a paycheck and a hustle from wave one. There's been a fair amount written about them around the web, so I won't get flowery about them, but I will say I highly recommend both frames, and the company. The bikes: straight up solid construction, good finish, amazing ride. The aesthetics aren't going to appeal to everyone, but I bet most everyone who has taken one of these frames for a spin has forgotten about the look and just gotten into the ride.
As far as the company goes, Adam is awesome. He responds to emails and phone calls, he actually wants to help you out, and he sincerely loves doing what he's doing. In my book, along with the made in the US (and the latest batch done by IGLEHEART!) makes these frames a great buy.
Are they perfect? Probably not. But they are some badass MUSA frames that ride great. If you have questions about them, get in touch with Adam and he'll convince you.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:28 PM

I wrote a few emails discussing the geometry with Adam several months ago. he was really quick and professional in his responses.

I ran into a rider with one of the first or second waves that had some kind of semi custom order where he wanted canti posts or something i can't remember exactly and there was a defect in the workmanship. He sent it back and they fixed it obviously. I think they look great and wouldn't hesitate if it fit
Old 05-30-2015, 03:24 PM

My paycheck, FWIW.....

I put another 50 miles on it today and it is awesome.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:15 PM

Wraith Fabrication, Columbus Ohio

Quote:
My paycheck, FWIW.....

I put another 50 miles on it today and it is awesome.

(How'd you get the second bottle boss setup on that paycheck?)
Old 05-30-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengage View Post
(How'd you get the second bottle boss setup on that paycheck?)
I asked, and the good gentleman Adam obliged. I asked him to paint it black, and he decided to do black on black logos, which is fine by me. Looks a little brown in the photo... Buts that's just dirt.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:36 AM

Wraith Fabrication, Columbus Ohio

Quote:
I asked, and the good gentleman Adam obliged. I asked him to paint it black, and he decided to do black on black logos, which is fine by me. Looks a little brown in the photo... Buts that's just dirt.

Good gentleman indeed. Looks killer.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:25 PM

Pulled the trigger on the Hustle yesterday for their Cyber Monday deal. They were offering limited number of frames and forks for $799 TOTAL. Couldn't pass up that deal. Still debating throwing in another $280 for white just to be a little different. Hopefully the M/L doesn't have any geometry issues like I've seen discussed. Anyway, I'll update you as the process moves forward.

Edited for price*

Last edited by Istone; 12-01-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istone View Post
Pulled the trigger on the Hustle yesterday for their Cyber Monday deal. They were offering limited number of frames and forks for $899 TOTAL. Couldn't pass up that deal. Still debating throwing in another $280 for white just to be a little different. Hopefully the M/L doesn't have any geometry issues like I've seen discussed. Anyway, I'll update you as the process moves forward.
was under the impression it was 799
Old 12-01-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istone View Post
Pulled the trigger on the Hustle yesterday for their Cyber Monday deal. They were offering limited number of frames and forks for $899 TOTAL. Couldn't pass up that deal. Still debating throwing in another $280 for white just to be a little different. Hopefully the M/L doesn't have any geometry issues like I've seen discussed. Anyway, I'll update you as the process moves forward.
At $799 or $899, that's a great deal. Count yourself lucky, still waiting after 6-months for my Paycheck to be completed at $1,350, bad timing story of my life