Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2017, 07:42 AM

another rage incident on video cam

this in one of the wealthiest towns in the country. no damage or injury, but the cops did get em. gotta get me one o dem cameras:

http://www.marinij.com/general-news/...-rant-on-video
Old 03-30-2017, 07:44 AM
That guy..

Wealthiest towns in the country means nothing really. Angry stupid people are everywhere :P. Luckily nothing major happened.

Camera's are so key. Keep telling myself I should invest in some. Esp commuting. Nothing beats the hard evidence of video recordings !

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2017, 07:48 AM

Some people are miserable and take it out on others.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:49 AM

The guy has an automobile and then threatens to use a gun. Classy.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:50 AM

Notice, the writer still refers to it as an "alleged" road rage incident.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post
Some people are miserable and take it out on others.
Exactly.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:32 AM

Am sending that video link to pals who run major construction firms in that area/region, one of 'em is also a serious cyclist. Hopefully karma will work its magic.

Please do same if you can influence it.

This kind of stuff burns me up.

[Deleted other info, you can watch video and glean what you want of it.]

Last edited by 54ny77; 03-30-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:33 AM

Not sure there's any reason to post contact info here...
Old 03-30-2017, 08:42 AM

It's public info.

Plus, not sure there's any reason to threaten cyclists with a shotgun either.

Friends of ours have kids (teens/young adults) who ride their bikes in that area. To say that seeing something like this concerns me is an understatement.

I hope the book gets thrown at this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Not sure there's any reason to post contact info here...
Old 03-30-2017, 08:58 AM

this is a bit shocking from the cops:
“The victim stated he felt the driver was trying to hit him with the car,” said Ross police Chief Erik Masterson. “The video does not clearly indicate this and the suspect declined to make any statement.”

Id say the video clearly indicated a psycho trying to strike a cyclist with a car. im not sure what video the officer was watching or what other conclusions to come to???
Old 03-30-2017, 09:13 AM

that lovely town

a ton o cyclists ride through there on their way to some of the best cycling in the region. i might guess that many of the residents would prefer cyclists not be there at all. it may be that the cops are on the side of the residents as it relates to this topic. i know there is no corruption in our country, but the residents can easily afford "to tell" the cops how to do things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
this is a bit shocking from the cops:
“The victim stated he felt the driver was trying to hit him with the car,” said Ross police Chief Erik Masterson. “The video does not clearly indicate this and the suspect declined to make any statement.”

Id say the video clearly indicated a psycho trying to strike a cyclist with a car. im not sure what video the officer was watching or what other conclusions to come to???
Old 03-30-2017, 09:38 AM

I think this was posted a while back

Seems like someone posted this video a while back.

I really see two types of folks out there. Seems like there are folks that just "hate" seeing cyclist on the road, then there are the rest of the folks that seem to be respectful.

I have found that most of the haters are unaware of the law, here in Florida "share the road" is the law of the land. Its generally the same folks that fail to stop for school buses, fail to move over for Police vehicles, and the folks that turn "LEFT on Red".

I get irritated, but then I remember I am on a bike and they are in a car/truck.

Ray
Old 03-30-2017, 10:26 AM

I watched the video and i saw a cyclist taking the whole lane to himself while a car needs to pass. Next cyclist drops the bike and argues with the driver, we don´t hear the argument but i bet he was annoying enough to push the driver´s buttons. What was said there?? No one knows but cyclist is always right..??
Then driver starts yelling at the cyclist.
1_ i see no crime.
2_ i see a self righteous cyclist taking too much road space.
3_ i see a mob lynching on the internet when personal info is posted here. A law suit against the forum would not be unfair.

Typical passive agressive PC cycling culture. So NO, you are not Jesus on a bicycle while romans drive cars.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
I watched the video and i saw a cyclist taking the whole lane to himself while a car needs to pass. Next cyclist drops the bike and argues with the driver, we don´t hear the argument but i bet he was annoying enough to push the driver´s buttons. What was said there?? No one knows but cyclist is always right..??
1_ i see no crime.
3_ i see a mob lynching on the internet when personal info is posted here. A law suit against the forum would not be unfair.

Typical passive agressive PC cycling culture. So NO, you are not Jesus on a bicycle while romans drive cars.
If thats all you see, you need to look again.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:40 AM

You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

I saw a car attempting to back up and run over a cyclist, flip an illegal u-turn in middle of an intersection violating all kinds of traffic laws no, doubt, in the process of doing so, and then threaten to shoot him with a shotgun at 52 seconds.

No matter how assinine the cyclists were (and I thought I heard the cyclist tell the driver to "get out of the car" which was just plain dumb), what that driver did is so beyond reasonableness. Words and name calling is one thing. Big deal, that's bruised ego. Who cares. But what happened here is serious escalation and a real threat. Stupid-on-stupid violence is just plain stupid.

I had a pal who was accosted in just such a manner, except the driver got out and started brandishing a weapon ready to commit a serious felony. Total $^%@@ show. Thankfully, the driver's wife begged and screamed at her husband to leave before the sheriff converged on scene (which did happen later, but driver left by then). That psycho was ready to do serious harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
1_ i see no crime.

Last edited by 54ny77; 03-30-2017 at 10:47 AM.