Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-04-2019, 06:10 PM

Paceline Good Deeds

We have lately read about several Paceline Classified transactions that have gone south. This is a report about one that represents the good citizenship of most forum members.

A recent PSA posted in the classifieds featured a NOS Serotta CIII with a 59 x 58 geometry. Aarondgirard hopped on this one and made the purchase. He later posted it as a "Catch and Release" for his original cost as it was not an ideal fit. I wanted this bike because I currently own a nearly identical twin, albeit mine is a 2x9 versus a 3x9.

Through multiple online conversations, I agreed to make the buy. Today, it arrived professionally packed and in pristine condition.

The Paceline Classifieds do work thanks to conscientious members like arrondgirard.

Hats off to Arron for a fantastic bike. I look forward to many happy miles on this Serotta twin.

Cheers.

Last edited by Spinner; 02-04-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:35 PM

I have not read recent threads about the classifieds but I'm sorry to hear it. I'v had nothing but good experiences with it over the last decade or so. Enjoy the new ride!
Old 02-04-2019, 07:01 PM

but what about all the PSAs
Old 02-04-2019, 07:21 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
but what about all the PSAs
http://instantrimshot.com/
Old 02-04-2019, 08:26 PM

This place is awesome and it is nice to be reminded of it! I’ve had too many positive exchanges here to even care to recall the negatives. All you have to do is visit a few other forums and/or try to buy/sell goods with another service and you realize just how good we are to each other. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:25 PM

I just had a really great experience here with mtb_frk - he did about the best packing job possible and even shipped in 2 seperate boxes at his expense to be sure it arrived safe. Bike arrived in better shape than described, and even had an undisclosed ceramic BB! Very polite and punctual communication throughout. The real members here, who actually post content and don't just troll the BST forums, are almost always great to deal with. OTOH, I would NEVER sell a bike on eBay.