Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 AM

best place to shop online for bike rack (stand or wall mount)?

I need to get an indoor bike rack to hang a couple of bikes. Has been been many years since looking for one of those plain aluminum things with expandable ends to compress against ceiling & floor (that holds two bikes in parallel).

Anyone have suggestions on where to look and if there's anything nice out there that looks good indoors? Would like something much more appealing than the usual black powdercoated industrial/garage look, that'll help soften the "Honey, i need to get some bikes inside, you don't mind, right?" dialogue....

Thanks for the tips.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:34 AM
That guy..

If you get something. Find a gravity rack. No need to expand from floor to ceiling. No anchoring of any sort. Easy to remove and relocate. Holds who bikes easily. Had two bike and two wheelset hanging off one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009Z...6pL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2017, 09:21 AM
il Curmudgeoni

+1 to the Delta Michelangelo....I have one and I'm very happy with it.

FWIW, you can purchase it on eBay for less than the price shown in that link.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktng View Post
If you get something. Find a gravity rack. No need to expand from floor to ceiling. No anchoring of any sort. Easy to remove and relocate. Holds who bikes easily. Had two bike and two wheelset hanging off one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009Z...6pL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
I have a couple of these racks and think they are just too flimsy for me to feel safe (especially with a dog and a cat playing chasing each other and crashing into stuff). I replaced one of them with one of the steel nashbar stands (you know, one of the black powder-coated industrial garage types) and haven't looked back.

I know somone makes some nice looking oak (probably veneered, never seen one in person) floor to ceiling ones.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:54 AM

Feedback Sports makes a couple storage racks, freestanding and floor-ceiling, and their stuff is usually nice quality. Aluminum or black anodized industrial looking though. I have seen some floor-ceiling mounts that are made of wood as well, and you could probably make something similar if you had the time/tools. "Honey I got this nice quality hardwood to make an eye-pleasing storage solution. You are going to love it."

Do you have space to hang by the front wheels? Is it just two bikes and you only have a little bit of wall space to use?
Old 03-30-2017, 09:58 AM

yep two bikes, little bit of wall space.

would most def. like to make something and am capable, just don't have the time. need something nice & eye-pleasing. prefer a stand that can hold the bikes parallel and be movable into another room if need be, vs. a simple elegant wall-mounted bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbicycles View Post
Feedback Sports makes a couple storage racks, freestanding and floor-ceiling, and their stuff is usually nice quality. Aluminum or black anodized industrial looking though. I have seen some floor-ceiling mounts that are made of wood as well, and you could probably make something similar if you had the time/tools. "Honey I got this nice quality hardwood to make an eye-pleasing storage solution. You are going to love it."

Do you have space to hang by the front wheels? Is it just two bikes and you only have a little bit of wall space to use?
Old 03-30-2017, 10:03 AM

This is the one that I was thinking of.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TM96MM...a-102119740086
Old 03-30-2017, 10:07 AM

there we go, yes, that'll do. thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbicycles View Post
This is the one that I was thinking of.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TM96MM...a-102119740086