Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Vendor

OT: I might live in the CLE but GO DUBS!

I lived in Chicago and watched Jordan. He made the game exciting. Now, that's the way I view the Golden State Warriors.

LeBron, can't stand him. His whole Decision BS and honestly, when you watch the Cavs, they look like they hate their jobs. The Warriors, they look like their having fun out there.

And I can't handle another Cavs win/parade. UGH!!

So GO DUBS!!!
Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

IMO as a mostly disinterested outsider, the Warriors are the bad guys.

They're already one of the very best teams EVER in the history of the NBA, but no, that's not enough - they have add yet another top-rank player.

How many super-stars on one team do you need to beat LeBron?

Go Cavs!
Old 06-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
IMO as a mostly disinterested outsider, the Warriors are the bad guys.

They're already one of the very best teams EVER in the history of the NBA, but no, that's not enough - they have add yet another top-rank player.

How many super-stars on one team do you need to beat LeBron?

Go Cavs!

LeBron and the Miami Heat did the same thing. That's the way the league allows it right now. I think it sucks. But GSW wasn't the first. Look at the Bulls and all the talent they had. Or even the Cavs right now. They aren't a slouch of a team.

I just can't stand LeBron. He was reported to be looking for land in our town and I was ready to protest. Where I live is super small and quiet. Right on the lake. All the BS and traffic it would've brought, not what I was looking forward too. He didn't thank goodness.

The Warriors, they look like they're having fun. They are the only reason I watch basketball
Old 06-01-2017, 08:35 PM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-27-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:56 PM

LeBron is one of the three greatest players of all time. He's the insane hybrid of Jordan, Magic and Bill Russell.

His accomplishments speak for themselves.

No league has less parity than the NBA, a function of the game and the salary cap.

I hope we get these two teams in the Finals for the next 5 years.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Boston: KG, Pierce, Allen?
Miami: Wade, LBJ, Bosh, Allen?
Lakers: Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton...(OK, that didn't go so well).

All the same exact thing.

GSW and Durant had every right, just as every other NBA team/player does, to do what they did. I have no issue with it, and with or without KD I would want GSW to demolish CLE.

I have always despised LeBron's ego and passive-aggressive bs.
The other day, with the spray-painted gate incident, was just another last straw. The incident was despicable, but LBJ's reply was his typical whiny, feel-sorry-for-me stuff: "The main thing is that my family is safe...".

Dude, this stuff was spray-painted on the gate of your Bel-Air home, which probably has a mile-long drive beyond the gate and security all over the property. And, you and your family weren't even there. I seriously doubt that the paint fumes would waft all the way from LA to Cleveland, and then harm your family.

I am so tired of this guy and his act.

100%.

Edit: man, I love Iggy. He's great.
I agree! The whole team is. I will say, Klay Thomson is having a hard Playoff run. I mean, his 60 points earlier in the year was insane and now, he's like lost everything.

But, yeah, LeDouche is so freaking arrogant. I can't stand it.

And the Cavs are super whiney. Like every single time something happens they blame the other team. I mean, LBJ got hit in the face by his own guy and blamed GSW last year and of course of who he is, they called it on GSW.

Love is stupid whiney.

And i'm sorry, but Jordan IS THE KING! Flat out. He did it all. Started it all. and he went to college too. So everyone talking about LBJ and his stats, how bout you take out the 4 yrs for college and see what it's like. Not even close.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:16 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Dude, this stuff was spray-painted on the gate of your Bel-Air home, which probably has a mile-long drive beyond the gate and security all over the property.
A mile long?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lb.jpg (19.8 KB, 281 views)
Old 06-01-2017, 09:17 PM

The warriors drafted their talent except for Durant so you can't be that mad.

That being said I feel for everyone who's not a cavs or warriors fan because the narrative the sports writers have been saying all season is "rematch-warriors and cavs" rematch. Grudge match etc. not even giving consideration that someone else might be there.

Growing up here you better believe I'm a warriors fan. And you don't know how many ****ty ****ing warriors squads I've watched. We believe era was the closest we got to the playoffs and when monta Ellis got traded to make room for currys development you better believe I thought it was the dumbest thing.

But I stand corrected. Warriors in 5. If not I'll be watching game 6 in Japan!

Ps. I was there for Klays 60 points in 3 quarter game--it was magical.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:19 PM

"Sitting here on the eve of one of the greatest sporting events that we have in sports, race and what's going on comes again," James said. "But, I mean, I look at it as if this is to shed light and continue to keep the conversation going on my behalf, then I'm OK with it.

"My family's safe, and that's the most important. But it just goes to show that racism will always be a part of the world, a part of America. Hate in America, especially for African Americans, is living every day.

"And even though it's concealed most of the time, people hide their faces and say things about you and when they see you they'll smile in your face. It's alive every single day."

I guess I see this statement as anything but whiny woe is me. What was he supposed to say? "Go Cavs, it just sports?" Someone asked him a question, he answered. Good on him.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
I agree! The whole team is. I will say, Klay Thomson is having a hard Playoff run. I mean, his 60 points earlier in the year was insane and now, he's like lost everything.

But, yeah, LeDouche is so freaking arrogant. I can't stand it.

And the Cavs are super whiney. Like every single time something happens they blame the other team. I mean, LBJ got hit in the face by his own guy and blamed GSW last year and of course of who he is, they called it on GSW.

Love is stupid whiney.

And i'm sorry, but Jordan IS THE KING! Flat out. He did it all. Started it all. and he went to college too. So everyone talking about LBJ and his stats, how bout you take out the 4 yrs for college and see what it's like. Not even close.
Jordan left a year early. And do we count those flameouts in the 1983 and 1984 NCAA tournaments then?

LeBron's doing things no player, including Jordan, has ever done.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
The warriors drafted their talent except for Durant so you can't be that mad.

That being said I feel for everyone who's not a cavs or warriors fan because the narrative the sports writers have been saying all season is "rematch-warriors and cavs" rematch. Grudge match etc. not even giving consideration that someone else might be there.

Growing up here you better believe I'm a warriors fan. And you don't know how many ****ty ****ing warriors squads I've watched. We believe era was the closest we got to the playoffs and when monta Ellis got traded to make room for currys development you better believe I thought it was the dumbest thing.

But I stand corrected. Warriors in 5. If not I'll be watching game 6 in Japan!

Ps. I was there for Klays 60 points in 3 quarter game--it was magical.

I stopped watching basketball after Jordan retired. NEVER wanted to watch LeDouche. Never cared about him. Seriously, Steph and the Warriors are the only reason I watch basketball. When I'm traveling, I have it on the radio or streaming. They are so fun to watch.

I hope the Dubs keep it up. It would be great for them to win. Last year was crushing. And I bet it was magical to watch Klay that night at Oracle. I watched it on tv but it isn't the same.

So far so good. They're up. They just need to keep it going and not let up.

Also, I was rooting for the Celtics. They are fun to watch too cause of Thomas. Bummed he got hurt so early in the Playoffs.

GO DUBS!!!!
Old 06-01-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
LeBron is one of the three greatest players of all time. He's the insane hybrid of Jordan, Magic and Bill Russell.

His accomplishments speak for themselves.

No league has less parity than the NBA, a function of the game and the salary cap.

I hope we get these two teams in the Finals for the next 5 years.
Now that KD said he's willing to take less than max to keep iggy and Livingston, we're in good shape to continue to have deep playoff runs
Old 06-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
"Sitting here on the eve of one of the greatest sporting events that we have in sports, race and what's going on comes again," James said. "But, I mean, I look at it as if this is to shed light and continue to keep the conversation going on my behalf, then I'm OK with it.

"My family's safe, and that's the most important. But it just goes to show that racism will always be a part of the world, a part of America. Hate in America, especially for African Americans, is living every day.

"And even though it's concealed most of the time, people hide their faces and say things about you and when they see you they'll smile in your face. It's alive every single day."

I guess I see this statement as anything but whiny woe is me. What was he supposed to say? "Go Cavs, it just sports?" Someone asked him a question, he answered. Good on him.
+1

Seems to me to be a calm, intelligent response to a despicable act.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Jordan left a year early. And do we count those flameouts in the 1983 and 1984 NCAA tournaments then?

LeBron's doing things no player, including Jordan, has ever done.

I think part of the reason LBJ has been able to do things is he didn't have competition for a number of years. If you look at the Jordan years, there were so many epic players. And when LBJ came out there just wasn't Kobe, yeah. But now, he has some competition.

But if you watched and remember Jordan, he is still the man. He played so hard every single night and did things no ones done. I love watching the highlight of him launching off the line when that free throw was shot. He was just insane. I showed my 15 yr old daughter highlights of Jordan and she was in shock. And she's grown up here in CLE with LBJ.

The whole decision BS, UGH!
Old 06-01-2017, 09:36 PM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-27-2018 at 04:34 PM.