Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
After taking 3 weeks, I finally came across the perfect pair of socks to pair with my new Custom Bonts! Straight from Australia (Cost me as much to ship them as it did to buy them!!!)

Velo One socks. They are surprisingly very nice quality. Wasn't expecting such a nicely made sock from a brand that I had never heard of before. Perfect match and feel great too.

Magazine quality photo right there..
Old 07-25-2017, 09:00 PM

got a good deal on a used Ghost (REI) hybrid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170725_193336.jpg (30.9 KB, 457 views)
Old 07-26-2017, 01:25 PM

Shoegasm day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0711.jpg (99.1 KB, 419 views)
Old 07-26-2017, 01:46 PM

1up rack on the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Wow! That will look great with your Kirk I'm guessing - would be perfect with any silver builds (Ti or painted) - or white for that matter - okay, it'd look great with a lot of different color schemes

What are you putting it on first?
This is for the Onesto for that neo-retro look. Most of the components are black so I'm hoping the brown saddle/bar tape fit in the scheme okay. HT, stem and frame pump to be painted pea-sage green by JB.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:58 PM
Barely Hanging On

Not glamorous, but this was recommended for trying to fix a squeaky shoe. Now, I just need to find the energy to remove the cleat to apply this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5291.JPG (77.3 KB, 402 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 06:25 PM
Lanterne rouge

Got a new pair of S-Works shoes.
Super nice and very comfortable.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Magazine quality photo right there..
Cheers and thank you! Lucky for me, my 10 year old daughter has caught some interest in my photography hobby and so I'm able to get her to go out with me and do some photo shoot stuff for me. Not bad for a 10yr old!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:38 PM
Old, Fat & Slow

Does it count if they're not here yet?

CX-Rays for re-hubbing a Zipp 303 tubular since #cxiscoming

Actually received in the mail? Replacement Boa stuff for my Lake MX331CX shoes that have a dodgy left cable

M
Old 07-31-2017, 07:40 PM

I had to tinker with a rear shock so I got the Lezyne Shock Drive. It is the bees knees.

More pics and what not:
http://robonza.blogspot.com/2017/07/...ock-drive.html

-Joe
Old 08-01-2017, 05:36 AM

Waterford Upgrade by SlowPoke Pete, on Flickr

SPP
Old 08-01-2017, 05:52 PM

Vintage mtb wheels.

Xt hubs laced to mavic 231 cd rims. Used shop warn.

Going to look awesome on my brodie.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:22 PM

I just got in the Y Split Di2 wire, and inline wireless unit, and the new Pro Vibe Alloy bars.

Couple notes with these alloy bars that I didn't see covered anywhere.

In the press releases like on Shimano's website or bikerumor they highlight the features that the bars have and how the integrate, especially with the new bar end A junction.. the carbon bars and alloy bars DO NOT have the same holes discussed in these press releases.

The alloy bars have a hole in the center where the stem mounts, and down at the drops. They DO NOT have the holes near the hoods. So you've gotta "get creative" (official Shimano statement) with regard to using these Pro Vibe Bars with the bar end junction box. The bars in 42cm and the Y wire in 520, 520, and 50mm length is just barely long enough to reach from the bar end on the right side, all the way out the hole on the left side of the drop, and then loop back to the left hood. This also only just allows the 50mm end to peep out through the stem hole.

The alloy and carbon bars do NOT have the same holes, and it's damn near impossible to find that information anywhere. Even on Shimano/PRO's respective websites the wording to describe the carbon bars and the alloy bars is exactly the same.

There was a tiny piece of paper instructions that came with the bars (a piece that I couldn't find anywhere online even when looking for it) that indicated that the alloy bars are different.

To route internal with this setup, you may have to use some male to male e-tube connector thingies inside the bar to get enough length.

Not the end of the world, works fine, but it isn't exactly clear on that at first glance

Last edited by MaraudingWalrus; 08-01-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Glory bound

Last week was pump day at the torquer ranch:

Mrs. T wasn't happy with the Lezyne floor pump (me neither, I see why they now come with the 90 degree head, more on that below.)
Likes: HUGE gauge (Medicare-eligible eyes here), "smart" head (haven't confirmed how smart yet, only used on prestas), stable, broad base and nice feel to the handle, high concept design (stands out in a crowd).
Not-so-much: feels like it takes more muscle to get up to 90 psi (but haven't tried a side-by-side comparison with the Lezyne); high concept design (I'm sort of shy...)

Same UPS box also included a Topeak Road MasterBlaster, (which I hope not to need to report on anytime soon, except it is lighter and better looking than the Park frame pump it's replacing), and a Lezyne dual valve head to replace the original:

Huge improvement. I may try to convince the Mrs. to take this pump and leave me the Fabric. (Which I'll only use in private.)

Not yet here, but on the way: Wahoo Elemnt Mini; busted my Cateye over the weekend, was planning to get the Bolt (I have the Wahoo sensors and app on my phone for the trainer) but saw the email blast yesterday morning, went on line, but then couldn't complete the order because of credit card issues.
Decided to check out DCRainmaker's review, and bought it through his sponsor's link. I did miss out on Wahoo's free hat offer, though.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:00 PM
aka RAEKWON

always hated my lezyne pump, finally broke (was maybe a year and half). Was going to get it fixed but I always thought that pump was a piece of crap so it went in the trash. Got this guy instead. My Hirame chuck is now on it and so far so good. Its a much much better pump than the lezyne. The construction on the lezyne was nice but it felt like you had to pump a bunch to get to where you wanted it to be at, this pump has a much bigger barrel and its just smoother overall (the lezyne felt like it was going to brake at any minute, which it did)