Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2017, 03:17 PM

And this is how you lose a tour.. good 4 froome tho :)

Do you guys remember that day Froome punctured going uphill? that was the day Bardet lost the race. The top 5 contenders and Froome pretty much alone like 45 seconds behind, bardet sent his minions to pull and more than pull to me looked more like; "we are going to wait for you". That was the day the whole pack had a chance to stab with 2 or 3 minutes to froome and the race would have been even more interesting.

Some here was saying that the group was too far to risk a move and get time from Froome, that is true but we were talking about 2vs7 riders, all of then would have put two minutes and the next stages were going to be a full gas from sky taking the risk of blowing appart the last 2 or 3 stages.

When you need to get 2 to 3 minutes out of a ride to win a race/tt, you have to go for it, what sucks is that bardet needed at least 3 minutes out Froome, now sure Bardet is questioning when the lost the race... Froome gave plenty of chances nobody of the GCC figured it out....too late...

Good for froome, smarter than the other guys...hope astana goes back to junior so they know what to do
Old 07-22-2017, 03:42 PM
Tired Member

And Sky might tow Froome to first and Landa to 3rd. The emotional advantage is with Landa for sure. Bardet had a bad ride today.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Do you guys remember that day Froome punctured going uphill? that was the day Bardet lost the race. The top 5 contenders and Froome pretty much alone like 45 seconds behind, bardet sent his minions to pull and more than pull to me looked more like; "we are going to wait for you". That was the day the whole pack had a chance to stab with 2 or 3 minutes to froome and the race would have been even more interesting.

Some here was saying that the group was too far to risk a move and get time from Froome, that is true but we were talking about 2vs7 riders, all of then would have put two minutes and the next stages were going to be a full gas from sky taking the risk of blowing appart the last 2 or 3 stages.

When you need to get 2 to 3 minutes out of a ride to win a race/tt, you have to go for it, what sucks is that bardet needed at least 3 minutes out Froome, now sure Bardet is questioning when the lost the race... Froome gave plenty of chances nobody of the GCC figured it out....too late...

Good for froome, smarter than the other guys...hope astana goes back to junior so they know what to do
I thought AG2R was going full gas and Sky brought him back with 2 different guys. I don't think Bardet should be second guessing himself. Sky used their tactics well and have a lot of strong guys to pull their GC man to the front and control the race. There were plenty of attacks against Froome in the mountains, especially from Dan Martin. Bardet often looked like he was at his limit, and, obviously, he needs to work hard at his TT skills, which nearly dropped him off the podium today. A clever Landa (who is a stronger rider) will do it tomorrow on the Champs.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:28 PM

I do agree... I got the impression that landa did not want to TT today, he was way to easy. last TT, last time I will see sky, already with a deal... f.. the ITT... I go for it! :P full gas and If i win... well.. OPS! sorry, i never thought I was going that fast :P
Old 07-22-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
I do agree... I got the impression that landa did not want to TT today, he was way to easy. last TT, last time I will see sky, already with a deal... f.. the ITT... I go for it! :P full gas and If i win... well.. OPS! sorry, i never thought I was going that fast :P
Landa went for it today to try to get on the podium. He gave it all he had.

Froome is the one who did not give it his all.

Jeff

Last edited by jlwdm; 07-22-2017 at 09:46 PM.