Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Byron

They say they'll take away any balls that the Patriots bring. I'd love to see Sherman and Lynch do a velentriloquist routine on the first media day. I'm not sure if Lynch's lips could keep up with Sherman's mouth.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:40 PM
not banished

I will freely admit to one gigantic lie Belichick did say.

"Now, we all know that air pressure is a function of the atmospheric conditions, it’s a function of that."

That is the first time he's ever even read that much less known that - and who is this "we" - as if pro NFL staff is like " Yeah, well, you think polypeptide's a motherfin' toothpaste!"
Old 01-26-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Did the NFL run a sting operation on the Patriots?

And if so, shouldn't the Indianapolis Colts, and the rest of the league, be more upset about the league's investigative tactics than anything New England has been accused of doing?

. . . .

If so then the NFL was willing to let New England use a deflated football to its advantage for the first half of a game with the Super Bowl on the line, rather than stop the contest immediately and check, or even just warn the Patriots of their concerns prior to kickoff to make sure everything was fair and square for all 60 minutes.

This would be … astounding.

More astounding than if it was definitively proven that Brady himself took the air out of the ball. Competitors have sought advantages ever since there has been competition. A player working the equipment over for an edge is nothing new. A league letting it happen, letting one guy break the rules because it was trying to play cops and robbers would be a whole new twist.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/did-nfl...051258575.html
Old 01-26-2015, 10:01 AM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

And what would that say about the Colts organization and their owner?

They were willing to let their hatred of the Patriots come before winning the game?

This just get crazier and crazier

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:04 AM

And more

Quote:
The NFL should be ashamed of itself, tapping into an overly conspiratorial public mind-set.

But Roger Goodell probably is beaming.

The commissioner has a Super Bowl on Sunday night that will obliterate the enormity of prior national television ratings because the game has become a referendum on New England coach Bill Belichick's legacy in the aftermath of "deflate-gate." The sophomoric obsession on shadily manipulated football air pressure Jan. 18 further fed the adversarial beast that dictates public dialogue in our nation.

. . . .
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...gate/22329061/

This is why the NFL made a stink. It's good for ratings.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Everything is connected

You have to love The Onion..."Joe Montana sucks and I am better than him"...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tom...-than-h,37788/
Old 01-26-2015, 10:16 AM

And the haters call BB paranoid. Sheesh.

#3pages2go
Old 01-26-2015, 10:17 AM
Mr Dobalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post
And what would that say about the Colts organization and their owner?

They were willing to let their hatred of the Patriots come before winning the game?

This just get crazier and crazier

BK
Bruce...did they screw with the balls...yes or no. Has nothing to do with the train wreck that Jim Irsay is...and the last time I checked his alcohol and drug abuse problems don't translate to what happens on the field. I'm not arguing that they weren't the better team.

They have a history....they got caught. I've heard multiple former quarterbacks state that it's an advantage to the QB, Receivers and Runners to have a slightly deflated ball.

They should be happy that the NFL is waiting until after the SuperBowl to conclude their investigation. As haphazard as Goodel's actions/discipline is, I could have seen him doing something incredibly reactionary leading up to the game.

If you watched the Brady press conference and came away from it thinking "that's legit"...then you truly wear Patriot colored glasses.

Last edited by firerescuefin; 01-26-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
This seems unlikely to me. Like the university President with a star quarterback accused of rape, they just want this sort of problem to go away with as little noise as possible. Especially right before the SB.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
This seems unlikely to me. Like the university President with a star quarterback accused of rape, they just want this sort of problem to go away with as little noise as possible. Especially right before the SB.
But Goodell and the Ravens just went through this with Ray Rice. Goodell was close to losing his job because of it (and IMO should have). He needed some way to rehabilitate himself by proving himself a vigorous rule enforcer. He made a bad choice.

On top of that, the fact that a Belichek enemy was placed in charge of the effort to sting the Pats is really troubling.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pat...lategate-probe
Old 01-26-2015, 10:49 AM
Randomhead

I wanna know about clock violations. I think BB is my favorite coach, which is pretty funny to me
Old 01-26-2015, 11:34 AM
not banished

Super Bowl Shirts for my family arrived today.

"You better Belichick Yourself before you wreck yourself" for my wife
"Keep the Blount Rolling" for yours truly
"Gronk Security" for our 10 year old son
"Gronk" for our 14 year old daughter.

That's how we roll.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5574.jpg (74.7 KB, 71 views)
Old 01-26-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
But Goodell and the Ravens just went through this with Ray Rice. Goodell was close to losing his job because of it (and IMO should have). He needed some way to rehabilitate himself by proving himself a vigorous rule enforcer. He made a bad choice.

On top of that, the fact that a Belichek enemy was placed in charge of the effort to sting the Pats is really troubling.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pat...lategate-probe
Not to change topics, but why should goodell have lost his job over discipline involving a guy who prosecutors elected to give a pass and whose victim married him?
Old 01-26-2015, 11:55 AM
Classics Fan

Where's Sarah Koenig at? This whole fiasco has the makings of Serial: Season 2.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post
Not to change topics, but why should goodell have lost his job over discipline involving a guy who prosecutors elected to give a pass and whose victim married him?
Goodell completely mishandled the Ray Rice incident. He gave Rice only a two-game suspension after the initial incident became public, undoubtedly in an effort to allow the Ravens to keep a productive marquis player on its roster, despite the fact that it was pretty clear Rice had committed what amounts to a violent felony (the fact that his victim would not press charges should have been irrelevant). This was a disgrace.