Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enr1co View Post
Likely suck (and dangerous) riding through the city at 2 PM on a Friday.
yeah
hopefully when they say 'mixed terrain' that means they'll bypass some of the busier areas with fireroads, gravel roads, or whatever you guys have up there. scenery will be nice for sure tho.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzalow View Post
...That Roubaix picture is a great testament to how effortless and lithe was Greg's posture and position on a bike. An American rider, tutored to the way of the EuroPro by the Frenchman Guimard and having a posture and position on the bike like the Italians! Down low in the drops, nice droopy rounded shoulders into weightless relaxed arms, a minimal amount of torso showing into the wind. Sean Kelly, seen to the left of Greg in the photo, has a position in the drops by comparison to Greg's which is much higher.

Lemond was, is, and ever shall be, the real deal.
'Course Kelly beat Lemond in the sprint for third place that year (1985). Believe that 4th place was Lemond's best at P-R. Kelly won it twice with that crappy riding position of his.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:05 PM

This ride is rolling out "closer to 3pm" (words of the organizer) to hit the 3:30 opening of the ggb west sidewalk.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:02 PM
v a n i l l a

2:00 and waiting. Maybe 75 riders. Eclectic mix from messengers to racers
DJ blasting the jams.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
I hav heard there is going to be a drinking game at the end. Every time he blames Lance for his failures you have to take a shot.
I don't like your broken (busted) style.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:42 PM
v a n i l l a

Group ride w/ Greg LeMond May 1

Old 05-01-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
Pic of the day... Greg sucking in his gut as he talks to the lady with the flirtatiously coy look
Old 05-01-2015, 05:03 PM

Friends don't let friends wear Jawbreakers. Sheesh.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:20 PM

source on the the pic used in the flyer?

would love that in wallpaper size...
Old 05-01-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
ey pdm, should have worn name badges- I must have been standing right next to you when you shot this!

Defied the transit protester threat and headed into the city to do the paparazzi thing. Greg was so cool and friendly with everyone!
Old 05-01-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermo View Post
Pic of the day... Greg sucking in his gut as he talks to the lady with the flirtatiously coy look
I was sucking my gut in too- she was pretty easy on the eyes
Old 05-01-2015, 06:17 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by enr1co View Post
ey pdm, should have worn name badges- I must have been standing right next to you when you shot this!

Defied the transit protester threat and headed into the city to do the paparazzi thing. Greg was so cool and friendly with everyone!
WT? argh man, I shoulda PM'd ya. Sorry! I have you to thank for raising the flag this was happening. I was wearing a rapha condor tee shirt. were you the guy just carrying a camera? check out the older guy with the LVC jacket from 1987!

Greg was as friendly and affable as the last time I met him. There were what 200 riders out there, of all sizes on all kinds of bikes, including Katerina Nash from the Luna women's pro team (BTW since I see her every year at sea otter for the past eleven that I have been taking my daughter, it was nice to see her and she recognize me)

My back is still a bit eff'd up so no riding. just picture with Greg and to be there. Now home heading to the train station to pick up daughter.

That woman he is talking to in the picture was marketing from Oakley corporate. They said they are just doing a handful of small events here and there with Greg.

I showed up at the store way early - no idea what to expect. But ALL cyclists came to "represent". Just shows Greg transcends disciplines ages and time.

Last note: I guess I better get a tattoo or two or three.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:32 PM
v a n i l l a

Group ride w/ Greg LeMond May 1

Old 05-01-2015, 06:37 PM

Lol - that was me in the aloha Friday shirt w/ the camera! I did see you in the Rapha shirt and the mussette- those were some awesome glossies for him to sign! I had the attractive Oakley rep lady shoot pics of Greg and I just after you had taken a pic w/ him.

Quote:
WT? argh man, I shoulda PM'd ya. Sorry! I have you to thank for raising the flag this was happening. I was wearing a rapha condor tee shirt. were you the guy just carrying a camera? check out the older guy with the LVC jacket from 1987!

Greg was as friendly and affable as the last time I met him. There were what 200 riders out there, of all sizes on all kinds of bikes, including Katerina Nash from the Luna women's pro team (BTW since I see her every year at sea otter for the past eleven that I have been taking my daughter, it was nice to see her and she recognize me)

My back is still a bit eff'd up so no riding. just picture with Greg and to be there. Now home heading to the train station to pick up daughter.

That woman he is talking to in the picture was marketing from Oakley corporate. They said they are just doing a handful of small events here and there with Greg.

I showed up at the store way early - no idea what to expect. But ALL cyclists came to "represent". Just shows Greg transcends disciplines ages and time.

Last note: I guess I better get a tattoo or two or three.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:39 PM

Last edited by enr1co; 05-01-2015 at 11:31 PM.