Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572cv View Post
What a great way to celebrate a milestone birthday! May there be many more, Hank. Next year, you get to celebrate a prime number
I think maybe now for my entry into septegenarian status, I might plan to take the family riding in the French alps. Great example .
That sounds like the good plan. You'll have to let me know if you do and I'll join you for a ride if you'd like, and I'm alive and well of course.
You coming over this summer?
Old 05-02-2015, 11:25 AM

A great addition to an already fantastic loop! What a great day.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velotel View Post
That sounds like the good plan. You'll have to let me know if you do and I'll join you for a ride if you'd like, and I'm alive and well of course.
You coming over this summer?
Hopefully, it won't be that long before I get back to the alps! As to this year, it looks like we are going to be near Nice in late September-early October, in Tourettes sur Loup. Went to that area once a number of years ago in the Spring, and felt a hankering to go back. The last trip was short and we want to do more of the area climbing, and of course, the Med and Nice itself are also a draw for some. So that is this year's plan. If you have plans to be down that way, happy to know it, maybe we can do a ride.

Again, congrats on your new decade! On the first trip Laura and I ever took to France with bikes, we were climbing through Lirac out of Avignon, and were passed by a small group of three very fit looking and smooth riding old gents, just cruising up the hill. We promptly agreed that that was what we wanted to be doing in twenty five years. So far, it's on course, and now we know someone else who is 'there'.

How goes the publication of the magnum opus ?
Old 05-03-2015, 08:41 AM
jam

Celebrating 70 with a 4-col, 85K, 2100m adventure

All the best, Hank. You always give this 60 year old inspiration.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572cv View Post
How goes the publication of the magnum opus ?
Printer told me I should have a proof next week! I'm excited
Old 05-03-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velotel View Post
Printer told me I should have a proof next week! I'm excited
Excellent. For others who might be following this thread, and other Velotel threads, and who might not have heard the news, a BOOK with PICTURES has been conceived and nurtured and sounds imminent. It should be totally drool worthy, and I hope that the paceline is going to make a suitable dent in the sales numbers.

In the usual disclaimer, no connection, except that I got to go for a ride with Velotel up the Col d'Arpattez, out of Ugine, last fall. It was one of the more memorable rides I have ever done, even though I was sick as a dog. Velotel arranged for a traditional Savoyard restaurant to open for us (we had enough people!) and that was a huge treat.... a fine restaurant only three Ks from the col, with a fine view of Mt. Blanc. Pretty much anything he would choose to include in the book can form the basis of a bucket list of off-the-grid climbs in the French Alps. I'm looking forward to this book.