Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Vendor

Fundraiser For Darren

Darren Brachetti worked at Serotta and was liked by everyone. He was one of the first in the factory to welcome me when I joined. If you own a Serotta there's a good chance Darren worked on some part of it. Any help for his family and young daughter would be much appreciated. Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/funds-for-catalinas-future
Old 10-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Vendor

That sucks. Sorry to hear this. Especially given what happened the day I was there on the ride. The days are getting super crazy.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider View Post
Darren Brachetti worked at Serotta and was liked by everyone. He was one of the first in the factory to welcome me when I joined. If you own a Serotta there's a good chance Darren worked on some part of it. Any help for his family and young daughter would be much appreciated. Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/funds-for-catalinas-future
Thanks for sharing this very sad news with us. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:41 PM

Thank you, Steven, for posting this here.
Darren will be sorely missed by many people, myself included.
Darren was an incredible asset in the production of Serotta and Saratoga Frameworks bicycles, for years. He later applied his machining talents at C.R. Bard, creating intricate products in exacting detail, products which are used to save and improve lives, such as ports for chemotherapy.

As detailed by others, some whose names we here may recognize, Darren's daughter Catalina was foremost among Darren's loving concerns in life.
http://armerfuneralhome.com/darren-brachetti

As a co-conspirator in improving the bicycle products and production processes upon which we worked, Darren was indispensable. As cohort and friend, he is irreplaceable. I'm certain that he spent a number of long bicycle factory hours laboring at the demands of innovation and at the strains of production that he might have rather wished to spend with his daughter. Making great bicycles, and making them on time, was very important to Darren. While he made this obvious to me by his actions, a number of his family members further impressed this fact upon me at the recent gathering in celebration of his life. I think that it truly would be in keeping with the idiom of "giving back" if anyone here felt so moved as to help with the charitable campaign that Steven mentioned above.

I'm not able to fully express here the poignancy of the loss in this situation. If anyone has any concerns about the campaign, which I do fully believe to be a campaign that is worthy of trust, please contact me privately here or elsewhere. I'm still navigating the process of grieving, myself.

Last edited by Brian Smith; 10-11-2017 at 04:43 PM.