Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2024, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
I buy and sell a lot of bikes. When I sell or have sold a Pegoretti or comparable bike it's just to try something else out. It is rarely if ever because the bike is a disappointment or because of some fundamental flaw in the bike itself

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
This is a cheaper hobby than trying out a series of wives.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Sell my Pegoretti? No way!
Old 03-25-2024, 08:37 AM

The Pegoretti bikes I’ve owned have been some of the best riding machines I’ve had the pleasure to experience. My number one regret is selling the custom Marcelo I had (not custom for me, just a lucky coincidence)… though the fact that a friend is enjoying the heck out of it takes the sting out completely. Someday I hope to have the funds or good fortune to acquire another, likely a custom, and maybe even a disc.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:50 AM

Sell my Pegoretty, not a chance! That will be for my kids to decide when that times comes. I am of the mind N+1, I am always on the look for another.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:55 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
Bixxis shop is about 75 minute or so drive from Pego shop by car. I'm assuming he didn't ride his bike.
75min one-way may be a normal thing in the US, in Europe not so much, but of course doable. BTW Knowing the A4, the bike may be faster

Last edited by martl; 03-25-2024 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Robb View Post
This is a cheaper hobby than trying out a series of wives.
Indeed! It's cheaper than sports cars and more fun than fancy watches as well!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2024, 09:29 AM

Sell a Pegoretti!! No WAY!! I've had a Duende for 13 years now that I've ridden the crap out of. Wonderful bike! Shod with Nemesis wheels and Veloflex tubulars the ride is sublime. I may sell it but it'll be way in the future when I'm old and completely worn out.

I also have a Love #3 that I bought on here that I finally got on the road late last summer. I've got less than 1000km on it but absolutely in LOVE with that rig. Wonderful handling with a Falz 2 fork and incredibly smooth. Rocketship as well.

I'm always on the lookout for another as well, and undoubtedly at some point will have 3 Pegs. Why do I like them you might ask..... the history of Dario himself and his stature in the industry. Still somewhat a "boutique" builder. But the main reasons is they ride fantastic IMO and they make me WANT TO RIDE, more so than any bike I've owned. Might not make sense.... but it is what it is.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:43 AM

I sold a Fina Estampa that I rode from 2000 to 2006. I sold it because I got a Big Leg Emma in late 2006 and still have it. The BLE is a better bike for me, even though I'm more mediumbill these days. It was repainted and had a FD braze-on added in 2014. In 2019, I replaced the Ouzo fork with a Falz.
Old 03-25-2024, 10:05 AM

This was the type of feedback I assumed I would get, not disappointed! I have owned a handful of Italian bikes and I regret selling my Mondonico's that were built when Antonio was running the shop.

I have considered Bixxis as they are built by "royalty" and are sold by the same shop that that sells Peg. I am fortunate to be spoiled by choice in that way.
Old 03-25-2024, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
I sold a Fina Estampa that I rode from 2000 to 2006. I sold it because I got a Big Leg Emma in late 2006 and still have it. The BLE is a better bike for me, even though I'm more mediumbill these days. It was repainted and had a FD braze-on added in 2014. In 2019, I replaced the Ouzo fork with a Falz.
I had a Fina Estampa as well. Great bike! I sold it to buy an older Custom Team with a factory steel fork. I've had that bike over 10 years now and don't really anticipate selling it as it's a Dario-built frameset that rides great and still looks good.

Texbike
Old 03-25-2024, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbike View Post
I had a Fina Estampa as well. Great bike! I sold it to buy an older Custom Team with a factory steel fork. I've had that bike over 10 years now and don't really anticipate selling it as it's a Dario-built frameset that rides great and still looks good.

Texbike
The weakness of the Fina was the Mizuno fork, IMO. Mine developed a crack around the crown, and I replaced it with an Easton SL that looked better with the frame but was a little too flexy. Otherwise, I mostly rode it when I was stationed on Oahu, and did well in a few races. The geometry was almost identical to my MX Leader at a few pounds lighter.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:05 AM

I didn't sell it, but I don't ride mine a ton at the moment because it's a very stiff Custom Team (maybe the same one as the aero downtube frame mentioned above) and feels great going very fast but I don't go very fast very often.

It's got a nasty dent and I don't think anyone would pay much for it so I'll never sell.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:42 PM
#RYFB

As I've said before, the only reason I would even contemplate selling my Duende is because a Peg of another material (Respo, Round, Love #3, etc.) or construction (Day is Done) showed up in my size. I can only recall that happening twice so … unlikely.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:18 PM

I always wanted to try a Peg and a 58 Marcelo came my way on PL. I ride a 58 almost always. The paint was so nice. It was a rocket, put power to pedal and launch like a carbon frame. But, in my case to do justice to the frame I needed to use 98% of my measly watt output to keep it humming. I could cruise along at any pace & it was fun but that can be said of a few dozen nice steel frames. I was also thinking a 58 was 1 size too big in a Peg.

I was cruising the web and found a shop selling Pegs and a 57cm Duende with an eye catching paint scheme was there. 10 -14 day delivery time. Yep, send it to me.
I love the ride and a term often used is sublime, every bit as planted as a Marcelo. And the paint... I do miss the Mxxxxxo sometimes. Maybe a Respo is in my future, Ciavete even.

So I sold 1 Peg to get another. This thread needs photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Duende bottles March 25.jpg (150.3 KB, 180 views)
Old 03-25-2024, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbike4 View Post
I always wanted to try a Peg and a 58 Marcelo came my way on PL. I ride a 58 almost always. The paint was so nice. It was a rocket, put power to pedal and launch like a carbon frame. But, in my case to do justice to the frame I needed to use 98% of my measly watt output to keep it humming. I could cruise along at any pace & it was fun but that can be said of a few dozen nice steel frames. I was also thinking a 58 was 1 size too big in a Peg.

I was cruising the web and found a shop selling Pegs and a 57cm Duende with an eye catching paint scheme was there. 10 -14 day delivery time. Yep, send it to me.
I love the ride and a term often used is sublime, every bit as planted as a Marcelo. And the paint... I do miss the Mxxxxxo sometimes. Maybe a Respo is in my future, Ciavete even.

So I sold 1 Peg to get another. This thread needs photos.
Very nice. I dig those bottles and the cages. Topeak Feza cages? Bottles?