Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Builder Spotlights

Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 AM

Models, decals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Hey Marty!

Welcome to the madhouse. While I've got you here, what style of bike do you find the majority of your customers asking for? Road, cross, SS/Fixed, touring?

Great color choices and I dig the graphics on some of the rides. Can you tell us how that's done? Vinyl?
William
Geekhouse in the madhouse... At the moment we have a good mix of commuter bikes, touring bikes, and CX bikes. Next year we'll be switching up our line a little bit though and adding a new frame model. Stay tuned for that.

The majority of our bikes are all powder coated. With that we do top-coat vinyl decals. I like this because you can change stickers around over time, get new colors or new additions...

-M
Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv2RideHard View Post
Marty -

I have been digging y'alls stuff for some time. Love the way y'all approach it. I see you currently are offering 26'ers and 29'ers. Looking ahead do you anticipate ever offering a 650b?

With respect to the Mudville...I know disc tabs are an option. How about if I wanted to pair a Mudville disc with your Yo Marty fork. Do you think a disc option will be in the offering at some point? It looks like the CX Yo Marty is canti only at the moment.

TIA for taking time to consider my questions. Cheers.

Guy
Hey Guy!
We're a custom shop to we could do a 650b MTB at any point. I just quoted one for a guy the other day though! We also have some pretty nice 29ers on order, including one for myself. I'm excited about re-vamping this model a bit for the current year, and can't wait to get back to shredding the gnar a bit myself!

We do 'Yo Marty' disc forks pretty frequently, so that certainly is an option. The only issue with that is we don't have a way to make it look super flush with the 44mm Head Tube. The 2013 Team Mudville will be coming out with 44mm HT and discs, with a custom painted ENVE disc fork. I'm excited for these for sure. We're currently planning on starting batches of these bikes for June of 2013, so if you'd like a CX for next year get in touch with us soon.
Thanks!

-M
Old 11-16-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Walsh View Post
The 2013 Team Mudville will be coming out with 44mm HT and discs, with a custom painted ENVE disc fork. I'm excited for these for sure. We're currently planning on starting batches of these bikes for June of 2013, so if you'd like a CX for next year get in touch with us soon.
First, thank-you for taking time to answer my questions. I do appreciate it.

Second, the 2013 Mudville sounds awesome man. That sounds like it will be a fabulous machine. I will be staying tuned for more info. You have me excited. That is very tempting man...

Thanks again.

Guy

- John Muir
Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM

Hey Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv2RideHard View Post
First, thank-you for taking time to answer my questions. I do appreciate it.

Second, the 2013 Mudville sounds awesome man. That sounds like it will be a fabulous machine. I will be staying tuned for more info. You have me excited. That is very tempting man...

Thanks again.

Guy
No prob man, we try to make them better and better every year. I learned a lot this year from our drop-out redesign and the different tubing choices. I'm confident that these next builds will be the best CX bikes we've made yet! Hopefully we'll have one at NAHBS, but we'll have to wait and see...

-M
Old 11-19-2012, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Marty, any picts of the Disc version yet?

William

Yo Marty Segmented Fork...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yo_Marty.jpg (47.0 KB, 502 views)
Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM

Yo Marty Disc

William,
Sure, here's a fork we did recently on a rather unique build. This bike was for Rose O. Rose had some hand issues, and after a lot of discussion and a dynamic fitting done with the help of Landry's Boston, we came up this set up. The bike is a 2012 Woodville, with a Sram X-9 build kit, with rise bars and an ergo grip/bar-end set up.
The fork on this bike is a tapered curved blade 'Yo Marty' disc.

Thanks,

-Marty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8116767835_aa5fd099dc_b.jpg (66.3 KB, 502 views)
Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM

Marty,
Do you ever see Geekhouse branching out into carbon? If not, why not?

Also, do you think you've found every wacky color in the rainbow, or are you still experimenting to powder coat in new and exotic schemes?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 PM

Carbonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Marty,
Do you ever see Geekhouse branching out into carbon? If not, why not?

Also, do you think you've found every wacky color in the rainbow, or are you still experimenting to powder coat in new and exotic schemes?
Never say never, I do like carbon a lot... But for now I'm still learning steel (you never stop) and trying to know as much as I can about it, before I try other materials. I think the next step from here would be Ti, but even that will be a while still.

As for colors, there are still a few neon's left to go... I'd also love to incorporate so paint/powder combo's so we'll play around with that next year for sure. We also do offer custom paint through Circle A, but very few people opt for that on our frames.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 PM

I think about John's stolen purple Geekhouse all the time and have a feeling I'm going to see it someday around Austin and have to kick someone's ass. Glad you guys were able to build him another.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 PM

Prolly

^John's bike getting stolen is a bummer for sure. There's no way that bike can be riding around somewhere without someone noticing it. For all we know someone just took it for a joyride and ditched in the woods somewhere. Keep your eyes peeled Austin! Also, thank goodness for insurance! John's new bike will be a bit different, but a nice ride for sure...

-M
Old 11-27-2012, 11:11 AM

Shameless Plug...

Also, wanted to put up a shameless plug for the pre-sale of our 2012 Geekhouse CX kit. More details here: http://2012geekhousecx.bigcartel.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Geekhouse-PreSaleFlyer.jpg (85.8 KB, 444 views)
Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Walsh View Post
Also, wanted to put up a shameless plug for the pre-sale of our 2012 Geekhouse CX kit. More details here: http://2012geekhousecx.bigcartel.com/
Ha!! Love it Marty!!

William
Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 AM

That kit is amazing.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 AM

Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
That kit is amazing.
Thanks guys, more action shots on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/geekhou...7631747043551/
Old 11-27-2012, 02:05 PM

I dig the kits man. Would rock one proudly, just need the bike to go with it! Cheers.

- John Muir